Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

48 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

For me the Nunes v. Cyborg fight will come down to how well Nunes fights going backwards.  She is usually the aggressor and gets on top of opponents with pressure.  This may be the first fight she ever has where her opponent is the bigger aggressor.  

Bones v. Gus.  I felt Gus won a close fight the first time, and if the rematch had happened within a year of that fight I might have called for an upset in favor of Gus.  However, Gus has been in too many wars since then, I am not sure how he holds up this time if he takes some of those same brutal shots.  He shook them off pretty well in the first fight but I am not sure that his chin is still at that level.  Bones is a cheater, which is a shame, because he is still a beast.  

I think Bones is gonna wax Gus this time. 

Condit is not the same guy he was 5 years ago.  😕

Edited by Chachie

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

3  great legends go down tonight.

Gus can make it 4.

I don't like Jon Jones one bit. I don't like his smug face. I'd love to see him get laid out. I just don't think Gus is what he was.

Edited by Chachie

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It almost looked like Nunes did not miss a punch.

She probably did, but I'd love to see the percentage of her strikes that connected.

Cyborg had zero respect for Nunes and tried to just run through her, it made it easy for Nunes to connect.  Cyborg just didn't think it would matter all that much if she did.  She knows better now.  It would be interesting to see how different a rematch would look.  A wary Cyborg?  

Well damn, Nunes with the biggest win perhaps in the history of WMMA up to now?   Her and Cyborg basically decided to slug it out and Nunes was quicker, more accurate and daaayuuum. 

Got to wonder how motivated Cyborg is to keep fighting unless she gets an immediate rematch.  At her age, all the wars, all the fights, does she really want to have to take 1-3 fights to try and regain the title?    

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Cyborg fought uncharacteristically stupid tonight. she left all her technique and went for pure aggression. She underestimated Nunes' power or overestimated her chin and paid a heavy price

I was trying to explain this to people.  Sure, Cyborg can brawl, but she isn't devoid of technique, but tonight she approached the fight as if she was going up against another 135lber that was artificially bloating up their weight for the fight.   She still managed to puff up Nunes a little just via the shots she did connect on.   It sucks that she showed such disrespect.

not much happened in round 1, Jones landed the better shots. close round, but i lean Jones

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I was trying to explain this to people.  Sure, Cyborg can brawl, but she isn't devoid of technique, but tonight she approached the fight as if she was going up against another 135lber that was artificially bloating up their weight for the fight.   She still managed to puff up Nunes a little just via the shots she did connect on.   It sucks that she showed such disrespect.

she has very good technique, particularly her last few fights. she just didnt have it at all tonight

I like how Jones uses takedown entries to get to the clinch, he's doing damage to the body that might pay off if it goes late. its how he destroyed Cormier in the 2nd fight

Gus is busier, but Jones is clearly landing the better shots. Gus may have won the round on activity, if thats your thing, but the fight seems to be trending in Jones' direction