Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

had a feeling that might happen when Dillashaw was walking around looking skeletal  for weigh-ins

dana's gotta be pissed. Saw what he thought was his next attraction in Hardy look bad and lose, now its gonna be harder for him to dump the flyweight division

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That's gotta put Cejudo way up there on P4P, probably #1

I could read Dillashaw's lips. "No way !"

I can't put him #1 when he didn't really beat mighty mouse in that 2nd fight

yep, Dana big mad out there tonight

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just re-watched the main event. Yes, the entire fight.

TJ's style and strategy look completely different than the usual TJ.

From the get-go, a whole lot less movement, head to toe, was my first impression.

He probably thought he was just going to punch Henry out in a minute or so. Unfortunately, he wasn't fighting No Chin Garbrandt tonight. 

Sorry but it was a good stoppage, TJ was woozy and letting the fight go on would have just meant Cejudo sprawling and landing 10 more punches to TJ's face.  Cejudo's matchup strength was when the fight hit the ground, which is where the fight was, combine that with TJ already taking about 10 square shots, being dropped 3 times, and all it meant was he was going to get pounded on even more.  TJ is just being salty because he went down in weight assumed he'd be able to just smash Cejudo and have two belts.

TJ is a great fighter, and his camp found a huge flaw in Cody's game that they were able to exploit twice, since Cody's camp didn't seem to learn much from 1st fight, but all this talk from TJ, Duane Ludwig & Dana of anointing him as the GOAT of 135lbs barely a couple of years removed from Cruz's decade of dominance was just nonsense, and continues the trend of Dana feeling the need to call any new guy on the block the new best ever.

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

TJ is a great fighter, and his camp found a huge flaw in Cody's game that they were able to exploit twice, since Cody's camp didn't seem to learn much from 1st fight, but all this talk from TJ, Duane Ludwig & Dana of anointing him as the GOAT of 135lbs barely a couple of years removed from Cruz's decade of dominance was just nonsense, and continues the trend of Dana feeling the need to call any new guy on the block the new best ever.

Its really amazing when you think about it, all this time and UFC still doesn't have a good formula for building stars. Their biggest attractions have always been self-made, bigger than the sport, kind of stories. Part of that is the unpredictability of MMA where anybody can lose at just about any time, but the other part is the UFC is beyond staie in their promotion tactics.

Edited by StillUnknown

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

but all this talk from TJ, Duane Ludwig & Dana of anointing him as the GOAT of 135lbs barely a couple of years removed from Cruz's decade of dominance was just nonsense, and continues the trend of Dana feeling the need to call any new guy on the block the new best ever.

Last night while they were on a shot to TJ shadowboxing in his locker room, one of the commentators said something like "You are looking at maybe THE greatest.. blah blah blah..."

I jokingly thought, "Well now TJ's gonna lose tonight."  🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

what the crap just happened

guy who specializes in wrestling, thinks he can knock everyone out all the time

Just now, Chachie said:

I've never seen Pico win. He lost his debut and I didn't see his win streak. 

He has a very good offensive striking game for a young guy who is a wrestler, he also has very very ****ty striking defense

• Like 2

Just now, China said:

Is this what Bellator specializes in, washed up old fighters?

Yep. They know that the die-hards will watch the legends, even long after the luster has faded. They are developing some good young talent though and acquiring some guys who are no longer UFC-worthy but still dangerous.

Fedor's fall from grace has been sad to watch. Not that it is surprising, dude is 42 and has been in absolute battles over his decade of domination. Can you imagine Fedor in his prime even entertaining a fight against a fighter the caliber of Ryan Bader? What is worse though is all the Johnny-Come-Lately MMA fans doing the predictable "Fedor is Overrated" campaign because they never saw him his his prime and have just relied on highlights, or still run with the "all his fights were fixed because PRIDE" narrative.  

Edited by NoCalMike

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Fedor's fall from grace has been sad to watch. Not that it is surprising, dude is 42 and has been in absolute battles over his decade of domination. Can you imagine Fedor in his prime even entertaining a fight against a fighter the caliber of Ryan Bader? What is worse though is all the Johnny-Come-Lately MMA fans doing the predictable "Fedor is Overrated" campaign because they never saw him his his prime and have just relied on highlights, or still run with the "all his fights were fixed because PRIDE" narrative.  

I almost cried for Fedor but then I chose to laugh at Putin.  :)

Khabib gets 500K fine, and 9 month suspension, with credit for time served since 10/26/18.

He can reduce it to 6 months if he participates in an anti-bullying campaign.

His 2 teammates got 1-year suspension and 25K fine.

Conor gets 6 months and 50K fine.

Aldo announces he will retire by the end of this year.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository