Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

The announcers are giving Smith way too much credit.Ā  He spent most of the first two rounds just waiting for Jones to hit him.Ā 

Ā 

edit:Ā  He's spent the last 1 or 2 minutes of round three sitting on the ground doing exactly nothing.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

The announcers are giving Smith way too much credit.Ā  He spent most of the first two rounds just waiting for Jones to hit him.Ā 

Ā 

They probably want to give him credit for doing better than many predicted

A lot of people expected Smith to be utterly brutalized by now, in the 4th round.

Yea, he's getting dominated, but not brutalized.

Ā 

That was ILLEGAL on Jones.

A SECOND ILLEGAL move

Ā 

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Smith hasn't done **** but curl up into a ball for two rounds.Ā  Hopefully he throws a punch in round 5.Ā  For a change of pace.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

He has abandon all offense. Interesting strategy.

its telling that Jones' dullest performances have come against lower opposition

Ā 

it was an excellent technical performance that was probably akin to a sparring session for him.

Ā 

we dont see his full best unless he facing somebody he feels can really test him

Anthony Smith is just another example of how UFC hypes contenders in order to make fights seem big, and then when the champ beats them it then makes them seem better as well.Ā  Ā The LHW division in UFC is in a dead zone right now.Ā  Jones cleaned out the former generation of fighters, and the younger guys are not ready for that level yet, but because Jones refuses to move up to HW, they have to keep the gray train rolling so they are just elevating guys that have no business fighting Jones, and then doing a super hype job to make it seem like they have a chance.Ā  Ā Anthony Smith not only didn't even throw punches, he looked like had no clue what to do in there at any point in the fight. He is going up against one of the most talented fighters ever who has world class coaches & trainers. It's silly.Ā  Ā Jones needs to go to HW where there are legitimate tests waiting for him.Ā  Until then he is just going to pad his stats against unworthy opponents.

Ā 

Woodley is better then what he showed against Usman, but I think Woodley has got in the habit of getting by on his speed and right hand 1-punch-kill-shot for so long that he did not prepare for what would happen if he didn't connect.Ā  Also, word just in Usman dominated on a fractured foot. He had been in a walking boot all week and needed a cortizone shot after the fight.Ā  That explains why he was limping after the fight.

Ā 

Askren nearly got his head knocked off but survived and I know Lawler looked like he woke up. but he arm did legit seem to go limp for a couple seconds.Ā  I am not sure why Robbie wouldn't at least gives a thumbs up or something if the the ref is asking him if he's ok two times?

Ā 

I was hoping it would be Askren vs. Colby for the #1 contender spot, but looks like it is being given to Colby.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I 100% would have taken the DQ belt. No question. Jones would have done the same thing to him.Ā 

Ā 

Honestly, if the fight had been even remotely competitive up to that point I'd agree, but I think Whitaker was acknowledging that he had been getting his ass kicked the entire time, so taking a DQ win would look cheap.

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Ā 

Woodley is better then what he showed against Usman

Ā 

I don't think so. What we saw out of Woodley wasn't some random fluke, or a bad night.

It's the matchup.

This is what happens when fights press the pace against Woodley.

He has major flaws that get exposed against the right fighters.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Ā 

Honestly, if the fight had been even remotely competitive up to that point I'd agree, but I think Whitaker was acknowledging that he had been getting his ass kicked the entire time, so taking a DQ win would look cheap.

You mean smith??

Ā 

smith gave up in that 4th. Lion heart my ass. Iā€™m fascinated inĀ see who breaks first Colby or Usman. I hate Colby and shtick is pathetic but he has an impressive pace.Ā 

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big