Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Interesting... Would you have done what Cerrone did and say **** it i'll fight him at 157, or would you say he's gotta weigh in 156 and sweat out that lb? Not even sure if it really makes a difference besides psychologically.... maybe someone with more knowledge can say.

Interesting... Would you have done what Cerrone did and say **** it i'll fight him at 157, or would you say he's gotta weigh in 156 and sweat out that lb? Not even sure if it really makes a difference besides psychologically.... maybe someone with more knowledge can say.

its inconsquential really because nate still has a hour to sweat out that last pound which i think he can and did do.

He had a couple fights in that division, didn't have an intention of making a title run. He's been Middleweight champ for quite some time.

He needs to spend some time in LHW because retirement is fast approaching. If he can take out Rashad, Rampage, and Jones in one year and retire he will cement his legacy as one of the greatest all time. If he loses to Jones I still think he walks away as an all time great and the fight is seen as a passing of the torch.

He needs to spend some time in LHW because retirement is fast approaching. If he can take out Rashad, Rampage, and Jones in one year and retire he will cement his legacy as one of the greatest all time.

I think with the downfall of Fedor, he's already the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. If he ran through Rashad and Jon Jones, (Rampage isn't what he used to be) then he would, without question be the greatest ever IMO.

UFC 141: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Cage

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko: This is a prospect check. If Gustafsson is as good as he seems to be, he should have no troubles with Vlad at this stage. Vlad will obviously try to use his wrestling, but AG's got a decent takedown defense. If it stays standing, AG should batter Vlad from any location. AG will look good and move on to bigger competition.

Gustafsson by (T)KO, Round 2

Jon Fitch vs. Johnny Hendricks: Hendricks has a slim chance in this one, but there are a couple of paths to victory. Hendricks has some of the best wrestling credentials in MMA, but he also undersized for a WW. Rick Story was able to stop just about all of his takedowns and I expect Fitch to be able to do the same. If it stays standing, I give Fitch the advantage, but Hendricks has some pretty good power on his shots so there's always the chance of him putting Fitch down. At the end of the day though, Fitch is gonna Fitch. We know what to expect from his game and he does it well.

Fitch by Fitching

Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone: Can't wait to see this fight. I give Cerrone a slight edge standing because his game is more diverse. Nate will use his combination punching well, but Cerrone could keep him at distance with leg kicks. If it turns into a brawl, they both have great chins, but I think Cerrone's is a little bit better. I could also see Cerrone surprising some people and hitting a takedown or two, although he will want to be cautious if it goes to the ground because Nate could catch him similar to how Ben Henderson got him. I think the chins of both fighters allow them to see the final bell, but Cerrone will land the harder shots on the feet leading to a win.

Cerrone by Unanimous Decision

Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem: No secret to how this fight will play out. Brocks looking to close distance and get the takedown, Overeem will be looking to make Brock assume the fetal position once more. Its easy and accurate to say that early in the fight things should favor Overeem. If Brock can push Overeem against the cage and start to drain his gas tank, Brock would have a much easier time at getting things to the ground. Then again, its almost impossible to know which Lesnar we will see. Its been awhile since he's been in the cage and he's coming off a major surgery. I think Brock will come in looking for the takedown, whether its from a shot or the clinch, and he will find that Overeem isn't the easiest guy to get down early in the fight. I see Overeem tagging Brock with big shot and Brock will turtle up as it seem to be his natural reaction to getting hit.

Overeem by (T)KO, Round 1