Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I thought you liked yan and feel like he deserved it? I thought aldo beat morares

His coach has corona tho. So I don’t know how that works. 

I love Yan & Aldo is probably my favorite fighter ever. That said, Aldo losing to Moraes wasnt some robbery of a decision. It was a close fight. I dont like the idea of ufc disregarding results of fights that happened to suit what they think should happen. Its the same type of **** that i hate about boxing. There are multiple fighters at 135 with a better claim to a title shot than Aldo, who really hasnt looked that good in his last 2 fights. As much as i love him, there's not much evidence of him being the type of fighter that will demonstrably increase ppv buys.

5 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

tenor.gif

This is such a crappy card. You would think the UFC would load up a card with a landmark number like 250. The only fight I'm really looking forward to on it is Garbrandt vs Assuncao and that should not be a co-main on a card like this.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:51 PM, StillUnknown said:

Why do i keep up with this "sport"?

I was looking at the lineup for tonight's event:

UFC FIGHT NIGHT - WOODLEY VS BURNS

and I realized I didn't recognize any of these fighters, even the former champion.  I'm not sure how much of that is me not following the sport closely versus how much of it is that there don't seem to be many big names that stay at the top of their game for a while to create recognition and the dilution of the talent pool because the UFC is always putting on events, so that have to put somebody up to fight, even if nobody knows who it is.

It seems to me that there used to be more recognizable fighters.

Edited by China
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, China said:

I was looking at the lineup for tonight's event:

UFC FIGHT NIGHT - WOODLEY VS BURNS

and I realized I didn't recognize any of these fighters, even the former champion.  I'm not sure how much of that is me not following the sport closely versus how much of it is that there don't seem to be many big names that stay at the top of their game for a while to create recognition and the dilution of the talent pool because the UFC is always putting on events, so that have to put somebody up to fight, even if nobody knows who it is.

It seems to me that there used to be more recognizable fighters.

its one of the bigger downsides to the UFC's typically overcrowded schedule. When we do see brilliant performances, we dont have time to sit back and appreciate it because the promotion has already moved on to UFC Fight Night: Wherever the ****

I think back to Gaethje destroying Ferguson and it feels more like a blip on the radar rather than the potentially seismic shift it should be for the deepest division in the game

8 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Woodley never looks good but then he lands the right hand. He has terrible output. 

he's a boxer who can't box

its weird. I've heard him break down other fighters quite accurately, but his own fight IQ is just not there at all

Edited by StillUnknown

10 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Woodley is so frustrating to watch. Kinda remarkable he ever won a title. He looks like the same guy who lost to Shields. If he doesn’t land a big right hand, he automatically loses the round. He literally has no other tools. 

somewhere along the line, he just completely abandoned his wrestling

he's 38, i wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up soon if he can afford to do so

Question.  I have ESPN+ and have been ordering the last 4 or 5 PPVs.  If I decide to not order UFC 250 this coming Saturday, how long until I can watch it with just the ESPN+ subscription?  IIRC, back in the day on Showtime/HBO, the boxing PPVs would show like one or two weeks later.  

Just curious because I don't necessarily need to watch it live, especially now without fans at the events, and could wait a week or two to watch the replay.

19 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Question.  I have ESPN+ and have been ordering the last 4 or 5 PPVs.  If I decide to not order UFC 250 this coming Saturday, how long until I can watch it with just the ESPN+ subscription?  IIRC, back in the day on Showtime/HBO, the boxing PPVs would show like one or two weeks later.  

Just curious because I don't necessarily need to watch it live, especially now without fans at the events, and could wait a week or two to watch the replay.

I don't have an answer to that question but I'll say this: If I don't order a PPV (which is RARE), I end up not feeling the need to watch it at all. It's the anticipation of the event that pulls me in. Once it's over, I'm over it. 🙂

• Like 1