Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

It’s amazing Olivera fought at 145 for so long. He looks solid at 155. Looked just as big as Lee

I couldnt believe he's 30. He debuted in the ufc at like 19 or 20

Not cutting weight seems to have improved his chin. His defense is still leaky, but he takes shots better at lightweight. He doesnt have the best technical ground game, but it is constant. He's always looking for a submission, which can tire out his opponent as they get frustrated trying not to make that one mistake

I dont like his chances against the top dogs at 155, but he's damn sure earned the right to fight them. Match him with Gaethje, Hooker, or Prorier nexr

Edited by StillUnknown

On 3/16/2020 at 5:37 PM, StillUnknown said:

they finally postponed the next 3 cards

they're tryin hard to make sure that Ferg vs Nurm happens, as many times as that's been cancelled.

I can see them holding that in the literal desert sand somewhere, out of desperation.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

they're tryin hard to make sure that Ferg vs Nurm happens, as many times as that's been cancelled.

I can see them holding that in the literal desert sand somewhere, out of desperation.

before they cancelled the 3 cards, they sent out a memo literally asking for any warm body from bantamweight to welterweight who was willing to fight. if that doesn't show the current crop of fighters how replaceable the UFC thinks they are, and it won't, nothing will.

ufc has conditioned their fans that as long as fighters are wearing ufc gloves, they are worth seeing. fighters aren't willing to sacrifice short term gains for long term viability. Dana has them right where he wants them, and they seem comfortable to stay there. 

it boggles the damn mind.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That actually might be kinda cool.  :)

• Like 1

This Jones dude just can't stay out of trouble. 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/26/jon-jones-arrested-driving-under-the-influence-gun-ufc/

UFC superstar Jon Jones was arrested for DWI and a gun charge in New Mexico Thursday morning, TMZ Sports has confirmed.

Cops say they responded to reports of gunfire in Albuquerque at around 1 AM -- and when they arrived to the scene, they found Jones inside a 2019 Jeep with the engine running and the car in park.

Jon denied firing a gun -- but officers say he appeared intoxicated (bloodshot, watery eyes and reeked of booze) and conducted a field sobriety test, which he allegedly bombed.

Edited by spjunkies

Bones needs help.  Like, serious help from people that give a **** about him as a human being.  His ego is ruining him.  I used to like him a lot when he broke onto the UFC scene, but after Cormier exposed him for the narcissist he is and the fake persona he began to portray (or maybe he always did?), I can't stand the sound of his voice or listen to a word he says. 

Officers' written accounts

Police reports reveal more details of UFC’s Jon Jones’ DWI, firearms arrest

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/3/26/21196519/ufc-jon-joness-dwi-firearms-arrest-police-report-more-details-marijuana-alcohol-gun-casing-mma-news

Here is Brown’s account of what happened:

“On 3-26-20 at about (12:58 a.m.), I was at 3rd and Central in the parking lot. I heard a single gun shot to the west on Central. I drove west on Central and observed a black Jeep on the south side of the street parked in front of 312 Central. I observed a male in the driver’s seat and a subject on the sidewalk by the passenger side door. I observed no other subjects in the area. I pulled up behind the vehicle and turned on my overhead lights. The vehicle was running. I contacted the driver and asked him to roll down the vehicle windows. I observed an open bottle of alcohol on the floor behind the passenger seat. It was a 1/4 full bottle of Recuerdo, 40 percent alcohol. I asked the driver to hand me the bottle. I also observed that he had green leafy substance on his shirt and pants, consistent with marijuana. I identified the driver as Jonathan Jones. I asked Jones about the gun shot and he stated he did not know. I asked him why he was out and he stated he wanted to go for a drive. I asked him for his vehicle registration and proof of insurance. Jones fumbled with his documents and was not able to locate proof of current insurance. I also observed that Jones had an odor of alcohol coming from his facial area. I requested the assistance of a DWI officer. Officer (Brian) Johnson was working a DWI saturation patrol and responded to my request. After Officer Johnson completed his investigation, he placed Jones under arrest for DWI. I had the vehicle towed from the scene. During an inventory of the vehicle subject to arrest and tow I located a loaded handgun under the drivers seat. I also located a spent round just outside the drivers side door. The spent round was the same caliber as the firearm that was located. A video of my investigation will be uploaded to APD evidence. The handgun was tagged into APD evidence.”

Johnson’s statement overlaps to a degree with Brown’s, but he does provide some additional information:

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They're trying to "save" this card.

If you find a sub, then it just pushes back Ferg and Nurm and further into the future.

Just postpone the original fight

Dana's ego is the only reason they wont fold up shop on this. there is absolutely no reason hold the damn card, but Dana drew his line in the sand

• Like 1