Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Just now, StillUnknown said:

"My teeth are falling out." - Anthony smith tells his corner

and they just tell him to sell out for the final round. damn shame man

His corner treated him like an essential worker.  Get back out there hero, and get us paid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I expected the broken orbital bone.  There was an exchange where it looked like a possible eye poke that turned out to be clean.  His reaction followed by turtling up immediately after it suggested some real damage was done.  

His corner failed him last night.  They put him at risk when it was clear that he wasn’t really able to fight back.

I recommend taking note of Song Yadong on Saturday's card.

Great young prospect, who I raved about prior to his fight against Alejandro Perez, and he did not disappoint at all.

After that he had one more fight that was "flukey" and ended up a Draw, due to a point deduction, but this young man is very polished, skilled, and very promising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Did the UFC really expect him to fight Ngannou for the same money?  I doubt he wants that fight to begin with, so it's going to take some convincing.

I think he wants that fight more than any fight at 205. probably one of few fights he would be a legit underdog in. I think he could win that fight. He's hard to hit and when he has been hit, he's never really been hurt. Of course, Ngannou has the chin breaker in his arsenal. As impressive as Ngannou has been, I still have no idea if he's any better than the guy who was defeated by Stipe & Lewis.

If Bones can get out of the first few minutes of round 1, I think he could outstrike Ngannou over 5 rounds.

51 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I think he wants that fight more than any fight at 205. probably one of few fights he would be a legit underdog in. I think he could win that fight. He's hard to hit and when he has been hit, he's never really been hurt. Of course, Ngannou has the chin breaker in his arsenal. As impressive as Ngannou has been, I still have no idea if he's any better than the guy who was defeated by Stipe & Lewis.

If Bones can get out of the first few minutes of round 1, I think he could outstrike Ngannou over 5 rounds.

I don’t think Bones looked very hard to hit against long tall opponents.  He’s certainly looked like the better fighter as the fights went into the later rounds though.  He grinds out victories in his tougher fights... but he can’t do that against Ngannou.  If he gets touched early he’s done (as is everyone else on the planet earth).  

I think he’s going to get back to that superior wrestling of his.  Nothing takes the pop out of punches like an empty tank.  

On paper this isn’t a safe fight for him.  A lot of risk with limited upside.  The only thing to really gain is a truck load cash.