Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Yoel is honestly blaming Izzy for that fight being ****ty. he truly believes it

bless his heart

In the last two rounds... he kind of has a point.  You could see the plan solidify for Izzy there.  The Plan:  Kick him in the leg and run the hell away.  It's not a bad plan, but no one wants to watch that fight. 

Yoel was at least as guilty in the other three rounds, so the majority of the fight. 

• Like 1

Just leaving the fight. Not sure if it came across on TV, but they booed the HELL out of them. Plus, they were yelling this is BS, doing the wave and waving their cellphone flashlights like at a concert.

Great fight by JJ and Zhang. Izzy and Romero put on a stinker. 

rewatched Zhang/Joanna this morning. its in the pantheon with Bones/Gus, Lawler/McDonald, Shogun/Lil Nog 1.

the technique they were able to carry through 5 rounds is astounding. the only downside was that it was the kind of fight that shortens careers by a couple of years

41 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is there like an inverse of a Fight Bonus ?

Like, if you cheat the fans, and put on a ****-show, you get pay deducted from your check.

That might be a good motivation.

Fighters already dont get paid enough by the ufc, i'm not with taking money back for subjective reasons. This is still a sport, although they are chipping away at that daily, and winning should trump all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Fighters already dont get paid enough by the ufc, i'm not with taking money back for subjective reasons. This is still a sport, although they are chipping away at that daily, and winning should trump all.

I do agree. I'm with the crowd that fighters are underpaid, and there's a severe financial imbalance in how all the money is allocated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I do agree. I'm with the crowd that fighters are underpaid, and there's a severe financial imbalance in how all the money is allocated.

The system hasn't evolved as the sports has grown. the reebok deal took alot of money from fighters since it killed their endorsement revenue. I think the structure needs to change. Paying someone x amount to show & x amount to win has its own issues. the post-fight bonuses are completely subjective based on criteria that nobody seems to know, and it favors fighters who fight on the main card. if you do some spectacular **** on the early prelims, chances are, you're only getting the bonus if the main card fights are slow.

the biggest issue is that fighters aren't smart enough to do whats necessary to get real change. Dana has them right where he wants them. the few fighters that have talked up organizing haven't been the best of fighters so their opinions get disregarded and they get moved out the ufc after losing a couple of fights.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/ufcs-celebrity-investors-have-a-chokehold-on-300m-dividend/

Sources tell The Post UFC’s fighters cost the Las Vegas promotions company less than $150 million last year — or under 16 percent of its $900 million in revenue. By contrast, Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association and the National Football League all share between 48 percent and 50 percent of revenues with their players, data shows.

but the fighters themselves dont seem to be making much noise asking for more

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ksun247 said:

Just leaving the fight. Not sure if it came across on TV, but they booed the HELL out of them. Plus, they were yelling this is BS, doing the wave and waving their cellphone flashlights like at a concert.

Great fight by JJ and Zhang. Izzy and Romero put on a stinker. 

did you see what Helenius did ?

• Like 2

UFC taking away fighters ability to get their own sponsorship money hurt them a lot, especially fighters not making the main event money.  MMA as a sport might be growing but it seems like Zuffa/UFC have such a firm grip on the bulk of the revenue that they are able to step in and usurp the majority of financial gains at every turn. 

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

did you see what Helenius did ?

Saw highlights, but not the entire match. Heavyweight boxing is crazy. Things can change instantly with 1 punch. Even with his losses, Helenius put himself back into the mix. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

Saw highlights, but not the entire match. Heavyweight boxing is crazy. Things can change instantly with 1 punch. Even with his losses, Helenius put himself back into the mix. 

that man Kownacki was like -2000 or higher in some books. Kinda figured he was suspect after his fight with Arreoloa, but never thought he'd drop a fight to Helenius. Helenius wont beat anybody real, but he earned one more good payday at least.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What’s the over under someone from the ufc has corona? 

if it hasn't happened yet, its inevitable IMO

fighters can't afford to miss checks, so of course they're going to say they want to fight. the ufc is apparently too cheap to cover them despite having the funds to do so. Dana White's gambling habits ain't gonna pay for themselves. Bellator cancelled their card last night at the last minute and still paid everybody. but the #1 promotion in the world can't do the same for a fight night card?

so you have fighters continuing to train in ciose proximity to other fighters & coaches. just a breeding ground of close contact. but hey, Dana talked to trump so its all good apparently

then on top of it all, Kevin Lee missed weight for like the 5th time at 155 for the main event anyway. if I didnt like the main event fighters so much, i'd probably skip the card