Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

26 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually, Romero probably could lay claim to that feat.

Of course, pending what happens tonight.

good call, but I like Benavidez's resume a little more than Romero's. He doesn't have a bad loss like Romero losing to Feijao

taking Adesanya & Zhang to win retain their titles tonight. I'm a little concerned the main event could be a slow burn or boring fight altogether. Both Adesanya & Whitaker are counter strikers by nature and Romero is usually very patient as he likes to build a book on what his opponent is doing. I'm hoping he remembers that he is olympic silver medalist in wrestling. Been awhile since Romero has ragdolled someone. Izzy has shown good strategy in his takedown defense, but he hasn't seen anyone remotely close to Romero's pedigree, few exist. That said, Romero usually has issues holding people down even if he does take them down. Adesanya might have to survive a scary moment or two, but i think he gets the decision. 

Haven't seen much of Zhang, but the power she showed in the Andrade fight was either an evolution to her game or just the best timing of a shot of her career. She's a better athlete than Joanna and I think her speed with her counters will give Joanna problems.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

This fight is an instant classic.  GREAT fight.  I think Zhang is winning but I can’t defend it too well, both are landing by the dozen.

The announcing team has largely stopped talking and are just reacting.  “Ooohhh!”  haha

11 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

taking Adesanya & Zhang to win retain their titles tonight. I'm a little concerned the main event could be a slow burn or boring fight altogether. Both Adesanya & Romero are counter strikers by nature and Romero is usually very patient as he likes to build a book on what his opponent is doing. I'm hoping he remembers that he is olympic silver medalist in wrestling. Been awhile since Romero has ragdolled someone. Izzy has shown good strategy in his takedown defense, but he hasn't seen anyone remotely close to Romero's pedigree, few exist. That said, Romero usually has issues holding people down even if he does take them down. Adesanya might have to survive a scary moment or two, but i think he gets the decision.

i had a sinking feeling something like this was going to happen

Edited by StillUnknown