Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

That's what I'm saying.  Since people have solid bases, they include some wild techniques from other traditional martial arts.

You gotta have a crazy streak in you to try. Because there are so many way to lose a MMA fight, I don't think many fighters think the risk is worth it. By their nature, the wild techniques will fail far more often than they succeed. The wildness comes back to bite them if they're put into a bad position by their opponent. I'd like to see more fighters take the chance, but most of them have a hard enough time with fundamentals.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

You gotta have a crazy streak in you to try. Because there are so many way to lose a MMA fight, I don't think many fighters think the risk is worth it. By their nature, the wild techniques will fail far more often than they succeed. The wildness comes back to bite them if they're put into a bad position by their opponent. I'd like to see more fighters take the chance, but most of them have a hard enough time with fundamentals.

I hear what you're saying, but at a distance.  They can compensate when the fighter dodges and counters/closes.  The more I think about it, the more I think this has been the case since perhaps Anderson hit the scene. It's just that the bases for all the fighters have been getting better over time.  You get the timing and tendencies down and BOOM, Double Dragon wheelhouse.

I'm not trying to be a forseer of the future, but once everybody is a beast at everything, I think the surprise s*** is going to make (and break) wins and losses.

I will also add, most of the s*** is already in Muay Thai.  Axe kicks, front kicks, wheel kicks...

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Usman by Decision. Colby has a shot because the sheer volume of strikes he throws are advantageous to winning rounds. I think Usman is the better wrestler and better overall striker, but Colby's volume can make up the gap. Hoping for Usman to win, Colby's act change the channel bad. the less I have to hear of it, the better

Volkanovski by (t)KO. Upset pick here, but I dont think all 3 champs retain tonight. Holloway is more skillful, but I imagine the amount of damage he's taken has to show up sometime. Volkanovski has always fought pretty smart, even though he's much shorter, the reach is similar. I think he'll catch Holloway with something strong and actually get the finish.

Nunes by submission. Nunes would be very wise to use some wrestling to get this on the ground. GDR does not have an overall game, but she is the better technical striker and has enough power to drop Nunes. GDR's ground game is almost nonexistent and should be an easy night for Nunes once it gets there.

Aldo vs. Moraes: I am genuinely scared for Aldo. he made weight, but he looked alot like Dillashaw did getting to 125. Just don't die man.

Yan by (T)KO: I'm not sure any version of Faber beats this version of Petr Yan. Old man Faber only wins this because mma is stupid and stupid things happen within. Yan is the better striker, has enough defensive wrestling to keep it standing and is a pretty good scrambler himself.

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Aldo looked good that last round. Didn’t watch the first 2 rounds. 

he lost the first round, but came on late. He definitively won the 2nd round. I thought he wasn't active enough in the 3rd to win the round. He applied pressure, but didn't really throw anything. Moraes at least landed some clean jabs that round. 2-1 Moraes was fair to me

Even without the stoppage, Usman was on his way to winning a split decision since he would have definitely won the 5th round.

something very poetic about Colby potentially having to have his jaw wired shut for a while

he ran faster than Forrest did after Anderson destroyed him

Edited by StillUnknown

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

giphy.gif

ELzxezZUwAAEqzY?format=jpg&name=900x900

Heeeeyyy **** you Colby and your troll gimmick. Have fun eating applesauce for the next couple months. 

yaaaaaasssssssss  **** that dude, i was pretty trashed watching the fights but i remember scoring the fight for colby so once unman got the finished i was so happy. 

like i said i was pretty trashed so i barely remember the max fight, but i remember not being impressed with either one. Was it more volk neutralizing Max or Max not being the max we know. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

yaaaaaasssssssss  **** that dude, i was pretty trashed watching the fights but i remember scoring the fight for colby so once unman got the finished i was so happy. 

like i said i was pretty trashed so i barely remember the max fight, but i remember not being impressed with either one. Was it more volk neutralizing Max or Max not being the max we know. 

it was definitely Volk. he started with the leg kicks early which stifled some of Max's customary movement. He had a great gameplan and executed it flawlessly. Might want to catch that one sober, it was a tremendous performance from a technical standpoint.

that gym in Australia might be on to something with their striking. Small gym, 2 champs in Izzy & now Volkanovski

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The Korean Zombie just melted Frankie Edgar in the first round.  Pure domination, TKO.

Safe to say he's my favorite active fighter.  I rewatched the fight that made him famous yesterday, the first Garcia fight.  He was robbed, IMO.

Two years off and he's looked better than ever.

man judges used to love themselves some Leonard Garcia. KZ wasn't the only victim of Leonard Garcia and his 3 judges

interesting spot at 145 right now. KZ has a strong case, but he was also stopped by Yair recently. Zabit is also knocking on the door. Volkanovski had surgery on his hand following the bout with Holloway.

give me any combo of fights containing Holloway/KZ/Yair/Zabit for some clarity

6 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The Korean Zombie just melted Frankie Edgar in the first round.  Pure domination, TKO.

Safe to say he's my favorite active fighter.  I rewatched the fight that made him famous yesterday, the first Garcia fight.  He was robbed, IMO.

Two years off and he's looked better than ever.

Nice. 

Zombie would destroy Yair. He got lucky and he knows it. Yair ducking Zhabit too. 

On 3/7/2015 at 10:55 AM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

If society is going to evolve, its is going to move AWAY from men fighting women.

If society is going to devolve, it is going to move towards men fighting women.

I have been thinking about this.

And I have concluded that society is devolving.

Which totally changes the landscape of this issue.

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

DDDAAAAYYYYYUUUUMMMM.

You dug this up like a Tito Ortiz celebration without the burying part.

Ha. It didn't really take a lot of effort.

For starters, almost everything, no matter how old or trivial, gets stored and filed away in my brain, and that happens naturally, not obsessively.

Second, it only takes a few moments to find something in a thread, with the "search topic" function. ;)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository