Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Did I hear that right - the temperature, or rather the heat index INSIDE the arena is 120 degrees ?

I knew it would be hot, but that's crazy, especially for a fighter, going for 5 minutes straight, and then again and again.

30-27 Felder

30-27 Barboza

Great example of how judges can see completely different things.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

7 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I don't know how you can watch his progression over the years and say nothing is impressive. He outstruck Holloway, fought 3 wars with Alvarez & Gaethje and did not lose. I'm not exactly a fan, but he's definitely impressive. His hands alone deserve attention, he probably has the best boxing at 155.

could see some funny performances overall if thats the case

In everyone of those fights it looked like he was on the way to losing. Max just looked smaller. 

Khabib is a different animal. That RnC looked like Dustin was going to get his head cut off. 

7 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I don't know how you can watch his progression over the years and say nothing is impressive. He outstruck Holloway, fought 3 wars with Alvarez & Gaethje and did not lose. I'm not exactly a fan, but he's definitely impressive. His hands alone deserve attention, he probably has the best boxing at 155.

could see some funny performances overall if thats the case

In everyone of those fights it looked like he was on the way to losing. Max just looked smaller. 

Khabib is a different animal. That RnC looked like Dustin was going to get his head cut off. 

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Bader and Kongo comin up soon.

Kongo on a pretty good streak for a 44 year old, even for Bellator.

Still can't get over what he did to Pat Barry,

i really like their FW tourney, pretty much every name they got is in the field. Interested to see how far AJ McKee goes. I really like him as prospect

khabib-nurmagomedov-dustin-poirier-ufc-2

this image kinda depicts what I suspect is the fear of inevitably having to grapple with Khabib

14 hours ago, Chachie said:

I don't have upset vibes for Dustin but I haven't seen anyone rock Khabib with a punch since Michael Johnson (who KOed Poirier, btw) did it in the first round of their fight. Maybe he's due for getting rocked again. Dustin's got that power and he's a tough cookie. 

I think Nurmogo.. Nurmogomed.. Nurm-- KHABIB gets him to the mat and gets it done in 3.

I hope you bet that prediction, it was accurate on all accounts. Khabib got stunned a bit in the 2nd round, but was able to push enough volume of strikes that Poirier was never able to fully follow-up like he would have liked

Edited by StillUnknown

Khabib saw it coming and tried to get his head out of range and it ended up clipping him on the chin. Took him a few seconds to get his footing back after. Game of inches, if he takes that punch a little more flush, could have been really interesting. Underrated part of Khabib's game is that he has shown absolutely 0 panic in the cage even in the couple of times we've seen him in bad positions. You just never know how a fighter will respond until they actually have to do it. Poirier's guillotine in the 3rd finishes most of the 155lb roster, but whats a guillotine when you've wrestled bears?

a little disappointed with Poirier's overall strategy. He didn't do enough with combinations or footwork. Moving in straight lines against Khabib is death, you have to be able to angle away while throwing some measure of meaningful offense if you want to keep his hands off of you. And you most definitely want to keep his hands off of you. His grip strength is terrifying, once he locks on you, he's there forever it seems. He makes you wear his pressure, methodically breaking you down piece by piece. You can tell just by Poirier's facial expressions throughout he fight. He had the look of a man who gameplanned for those clinch situations against the cage, but it just didn't matter because you can't replicate Khabib's skill level and athleticism in sparring.

A fight with Ferguson still intrigues me. Ferguson is a notoriously slow starter, but I think he offers more a fight once it hits the ground and he would have a 6 inch reach advantage to potentially keep Khabib at range while standing. More than anything, he may be the only man at 155 who's cardio could stand up to wearing Khabib for a couple of rounds.

Nice main event tonight. I worry a little for Cowboy in fights with fast-starting, aggressive bangers. Cerrone is beginning to show his octagon years. Still deadly but killable. I'm rooting for him but Gaethje should jump on him early. If Cowboy survives the first 2-3 rds, he can take this. I'd recommend body kicks and avoiding Justin's leg kicks, which are definitely coming.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 8:34 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lol they are going to a BMF belt for Jorge vs Nate Diaz. Makes no sense. 

On 9/9/2019 at 10:02 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

That is definitely awkward as f***.  Means nothing. It's like Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Belt from back in the day.

I can see what you mean about it sounding silly.

But if we're talkin BMF belt, you could make an argument that the 2 guys in tonight's main event are the LW version of it, especially JG.

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

Nice main event tonight. I worry a little for Cowboy in fights with fast-starting, aggressive bangers. Cerrone is beginning to show his octagon years. Still deadly but killable. I'm rooting for him but Gaethje should jump on him early. If Cowboy survives the first 2-3 rds, he can take this. I'd recommend body kicks and avoiding Justin's leg kicks, which are definitely coming.

I hope Gaethje wins.

I think he might pose the greatest threat to that belt. Although it's debatable.

Connelly : "He was getting tired before the fight started"

Duffee known for being the recipient of the hammer fist to the head ; This time he received the other side of the hammer head - the hammer claw - to the eye.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Duffee known for being the recipient of the hammer fist to the head ; This time he received the other side of the hammer head - the hammer claw - to the eye.

Twitter's MMA world was flooded with #gassed posts. He may have quit.