Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

The Boogeyman?

Edit, just looked.

Man, wtf... Thats some creepy ass ****. Awesome gimmick though lol.

That guy got into wrestling when he was 40 I think. He lasted a few years but he was pretty good for a period of time.

My favorite weird gimmick will always be Heel Doink. Somewhere on the Web is a gif mashup of him doing his entrance and little kids in the crowd crying. Awesome.

Speaking of Kamala, did anyone hear Jerry Lawler talking about him on the Steve Austin podcast?

"Jerry, why are you painting a banana on me?"

Wrestling is insane.

And I would pay good money to watch a wrestling version of the UN Security Council. Abdullah the Butcher would represent the Sudan and attack anyone who threatened sanctions with a plastic fork.

Vince McMahon is scheduled to be in the podcast soon. That should be good. Wonder if he'll ask the same questions about Stossel.

Cornette is coming on the podcast, too. That's always a fun listen.

That guy got into wrestling when he was 40 I think. He lasted a few years but he was pretty good for a period of time.

My favorite weird gimmick will always be Heel Doink. Somewhere on the Web is a gif mashup of him doing his entrance and little kids in the crowd crying. Awesome.

Thats funny. I stopped watching wrestling in 2004, but I was always aware of what guys were coming and going, and making waves (Edge, Orton, Batista, Cena, Punk,etc). Thats my first time hearing about he dude. Just looking at his pics, thats some freaky ****. Dude was eating worms and ****. And that freaky facepaint/attire.

Anyways, I remember reading somewhere that Doink was crazy as **** backstage. Apparently no one wanted to mess with him (or something like that)

Thats funny. I stopped watching wrestling in 2004, but I was always aware of what guys were coming and going, and making waves (Edge, Orton, Batista, Cena, Punk,etc). Thats my first time hearing about he dude. Just looking at his pics, thats some freaky ****. Dude was eating worms and ****. And that freaky facepaint/attire.

Anyways, I remember reading somewhere that Doink was crazy as **** backstage. Apparently no one wanted to mess with him (or something like that)

Matt Borne is the original Doink. He is a second generation wrestler like Dustin Rhodes. He was very talented but they gave him the Doink gimmick in WWF. Vince has been criticized before for taking him and making him a comic relief character but he played it so well especially as a villain.

Edited by Big Weirdo

Go to YouTube, Look Up Boogeyman and Jillian Hall. 

Evil Doink was awesome.

FYI....Matt Borne is dead. And that probably shouldn't surprise anyone who watched wrestling in the 80s. He was a hell of a wrestler and could work pretty much any style. He was also one of twenty or thirty dudes that basically became Mickey Rourke's character in The Wrestler. He was always into drugs. He also nearly killed a guy in a bar brawl when he was in Mid South, which got Bill Watts sued apparently. (Though, those Mid South stories are like the tales of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday at this point).

There were several Doinks. Borne was the first and best. Evil Doink was about six years ahead of its time. If that had come along in the Attitude Era, he would have made a fortune. (And spent it on meth probably).

By the way, Borne wrestled on the first WrestleMania card in a match I did not see. The closed circuit feed conked out until the David Sammartino/Beefcake match in the arena I was in.

PS

I wouldn't place money on Vince showing up on Austin's podcast. Apparently, they talked recently and Vince said he'd think about it. I'm assuming Vince hung up, called HHH and asked, "What the **** is a Podcast?"

I just read that AJ Styles is free of the TNA. Or is that some angle they are working??..I'm not a huge Styles fan but he would be a hell of an add to the WWE.

I think its an angle. I have always liked Styles, and he would be a good get for WWE if they booked him well, but they probably wouldn't. For every Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, there are dozens of guys that don't fit the mold that have not been used well. Not that TNA is ever going to do anything big with him, but maybe it is better to be a big fish in a small pond.

AJ Styles isn't ever going to WWE. Vince doesn't think he can sell. And he's right, he can't. Guy can wrestle but he can't cut promos and isn't marketable at all. That's what the WWE is about.

He also would have to go through developmental in WWE because Vince doesn't believe you're trained until you train there. And does anyone think at 34 or whatever he is he's going to go to WWE developmental?

Edited by Big Weirdo

Isn't Davey Richards already in Developmental?

I would like to see AJ go there just so Vince could show up one day and ask "Are we restarting the midget division?"

By the way, I like to imagine a lot of Vince McMahon conversations. I picture a man sort of stuck in 1991 culture who has enough money to basically live in 1991 if he chooses to do so. He's trying to be modern but is really only up to 2002 or so on some things. I picture him using a Motorola cell phone from like 2000. I like to picture him only halfway through the first season of The Sopranos on DVD. He'll get through it soon and start demanding that the writers create a character like Christopher Moltisanti.

There was a shoot a few years ago with Paul Heyman where he explained basically how Vince absorbs information and it's kind of incredible. Like, he eventually heard about UFC and wanted to be educated. So it was someone's job to put together a two hour UFC DVD and deliver it to him. He watched it and said, "We need to do our version of that." 

I think a real Vince documentary done by an independent crew would be fascinating. Like who wouldn't want to see how Vince's house is decorated? I imagine Ray Liotta's bedroom in Goodfellas but ten times more expensive. With an oil painting of Vince in a bodybuilder's pose.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I would like to see AJ go there just so Vince could show up one day and ask "What's with all the midgets?"

I think Richards is. Maybe Styles would too but it's moot since Vince doesn't like him. I never understood the fascination with him. He's boring as hell. His last character was a poor man's Sting without the makeup.

I could not imagine Vince would make Sting go to developmental school if Sting was to agree to come to WWE. Just imagine the conversation. Sting: hey I am willing to join WWE. Vince: Sorry Sting. I don't think you have developed enough. You need to go to WWe developmental school. Sting: I could beat most of your talent now. Vince: Sorry Sting no deal. Sting: Forget that.

Edited by Gallen5862
  • Like 1

I could not imagine Vince would make Sting go to developmental school if Sting was to agree to come to WWE. Just imagine the conversation. Sting: hey I am willing to join WWE. Vince: Sorry Sting. I don't think you have developed enough. You need to go to WWe developmental school. Sting: I could beat most of your talent now. Vince: Sorry Sting no deal. Sting: Forget that.

Here, let me edit that:

Sting: Hey, I am willing to join WWE

Vince: Sorry Sting. I don't think you've developed enough. Time to go to developmental.

Sting: I could beat most of your talent now.

Vince: See what I mean? You still think this **** is real. It's a script, ****head. SCRIPT!

I would like to see AJ go there just so Vince could show up one day and ask "Are we restarting the midget division?"

By the way, I like to imagine a lot of Vince McMahon conversations. I picture a man sort of stuck in 1991 culture who has enough money to basically live in 1991 if he chooses to do so. He's trying to be modern but is really only up to 2002 or so on some things. I picture him using a Motorola cell phone from like 2000. I like to picture him only halfway through the first season of The Sopranos on DVD. He'll get through it soon and start demanding that the writers create a character like Christopher Moltisanti.

There was a shoot a few years ago with Paul Heyman where he explained basically how Vince absorbs information and it's kind of incredible. Like, he eventually heard about UFC and wanted to be educated. So it was someone's job to put together a two hour UFC DVD and deliver it to him. He watched it and said, "We need to do our version of that." 

I think a real Vince documentary done by an independent crew would be fascinating. Like who wouldn't want to see how Vince's house is decorated? I imagine Ray Liotta's bedroom in Goodfellas but ten times more expensive. With an oil painting of Vince in a bodybuilder's pose.

Smells like a 30 for 30!

I listened to the Austin interview with Cornette. I think I have now officially heard all of Cornette's stories.

I did like the image of a pissed off Ole Anderson showing up to a tv studio and telling Bill Dundee to stop making a wrestling show. Also, they may have marked the first time in human history that two wrestlers got together and both had positive things to say about Ole.

Gallen in his very Gallen way made a good point.

Sting may be the last active wrestler who could enter the WWE and not be sent to developmental. Maybe Samoa Joe if they ever had any interest in him, which I don't think they have.

Anyone else has already been in the WWE or would be considered an absolute nobody.

I know it was over a decade ago. But when the WWE went hard after Jericho...I can't imagine they made him go to developmental. Then again, I think Jericho while not underrated per say, is a "great". Even when he shows up and has to work putting over a younger talent. He's excellent. Him and guys like Golddust. are technically crisp still.

Remember how I talked about Vince being years behind on pop culture? Here you go:

Leo Kruger will now be known as "Adam Rose." His character is going to be that of a crazy rock star, reportedly based off of Russell Brand's "Aldus Snow" character from the films "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Get Him to the Greek."

Needless to say, Vince probably had himself a little Judd Apatow viewing fest last week and wants to get on board this train.

Maybe there will be a character based on Johnny Drama from Entourage in the coming months as well.

Remember how I talked about Vince being years behind on pop culture? Here you go:

Needless to say, Vince probably had himself a little Judd Apatow viewing fest last week and wants to get on board this train.

Maybe there will be a character based on Johnny Drama from Entourage in the coming months as well.

There is a character that is based on an internet hacker... He keeps tweeting about spreading the virus, I guess. I don't follow him. 

I watched that "Greatest Finishers" bit on Netflix last night. Glad they payed respect to my boy Brock Lesnar. I still think thats some of the best 5 month work I've ever seen (debut to WWE Champion). And everything was perfect. I 'd love to know how involved Heyman was in that character, being the manager and all. They brought old school (heel w/'manager) and meshed it beautifully with new school brutality.

Man that dude came along at the perfect time. I have never seen such a combination of freakish power, agility, technique, and overall presence. Vince probably busted a nut after his debut. I mean generally, even the greatest wrestlers start out from small beginnings, and work their way up. This guy was like an asteroid... sudden impact. No vignettes, so subtle hints, just BAM!

Presence, innovative moves ( I mean seriously, dude has the greatest generic powerbomb of all time. Then you have the spinning powerbomb, the double/triple powerbomb, the serial killer shoulder thrusts, that nasty bearhug (greatest bearhug of all time, second to Mark Henry) and the cherry on top... the F-5. Most innovative move ever. I remember seeing that for the first time when he did to Rikishi IIRC. I remember saying "I don't know what the hell that was, but that was beautiful, and looked like it ****ing hurt".I think on one F-5 he launched Shannon Moore like 10 ft in the air. Dude looked like he got launched through the windshield in a car wreck.

Every kick, every slam looked like he was trying to kill dudes. And Paul Heyman was masterful. They were the perfect combo. I hated how they broke him up with Heyman once he became their next cash cow though. He should've been a heel his entire career. I mean I can understand Austin not wanting to give up his spot and put him over, but they could've done some major work together.

The Rock was part time at that point, and the whole "Rocky build up" thing leading up to SummerSlam just had a low ceiling. Either that or he shouldve been drafted to Raw to be Trips protege, and with Batista and Flair, they still could've done Evolution. 

I wish his heart was truly in wrestling. That dude had it all. I mean how can you get any higher mark than making the Big Show look like a viable number one contender, carrying a decent feud? Dude was like the Reggie Bush of the WWE at that point. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Some of you are crazy. This is why I.can't stand the WWE and its flock.of sheep. AJ Styles is way established enough to not have to go through developmental. It's insulting to suggest otherwise. Hell, if they can make stars out of some of the no-talentless guys they have in the past, why couldn't they make a star out of AJ Styles?

And it's a mute point anyway, Styles leaving TNA is a work.

Some of you are crazy. This is why I.can't stand the WWE and its flock.of sheep. AJ Styles is way established enough to not have to go through developmental. It's insulting to suggest otherwise. Hell, if they can make stars out of some of the no-talentless guys they have in the past, why couldn't they make a star out of AJ Styles?

And it's a mute point anyway, Styles leaving TNA is a work.

Actually, it was a work at first. But his contract genuinely expired after his second or third Indy show TNA Title defense. They're working on a new deal now.