Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

If it turns out that WWE knew that Benoit killed his family and went ahead with that "tribute" show last night, I can almost guarentee that will be the end of WWE.

I really hope they didnt know at all. I hope they only knew he had died.

Sadly, I dont believe that.

Given that I having just saw the "tribute" not knowing what the heck it was all about I looked around while they were doing said "tribute". Every news outlet at that point was reporting no details other than that Chris, his wife and son were found dead. Period. I can understand the general WANT to hate the WWE but in this case I think it is unwarranted no matter HOW bad you want to.

For those saying WWE should not have done that tribute, remember they did not have all the details. It is also not like this was premeditated, and it looks like he got in a fight with his wife, and went into a rage (probably due to the roids) and killer her. After that he was probably taking over by crazy emotions which made him kill his son.

My brother had has friend killed by his wife due to depression after giving birth. These were not crimes that were premeditated but crimes where people just lose it.

This happens, does not make someone a bad person, they just flip and lose it for whatever reason.

The ONLY thing to do. They should have waited until details were released. WAIT!!!! Vince is alive???? Man, I really thought he was a gonner! That wrestling **** is so realistic!

A helpful, insightful post as always.

The WWE did the only sensible thing and paid tribute to someone they thought was a good person.

And at 8pm last night, we all thought he was too. We all were devistated when we heard the news that he had died.

They had three hours to fill, and one of their marquee stars, who everyone liked & respected had just passed away. Nobody could have possibly thought that things would have ended up the way they did.

I saw this posted in the Bill Simmons chat today on ESPN.com, I think this sums things up pretty good......

Just one more thought on the Benoit situation for the non-wrestling fans. This was the equivalent of a Derek Fisher or Donovan Mcnabb or Derek Jeter committing the act, one of the most recognizable class acts of a sport. The man was known as classy individual and had the respect of everyone he worked with. If your kid was going to be a wrestler, you would have wanted him to be Chris Benoit. This is why it is so hard for the wrestling community to come to grip with this tragedy.

Just one more thought on the Benoit situation for the non-wrestling fans. This was the equivalent of a Derek Fisher or Donovan Mcnabb or Derek Jeter committing the act, one of the most recognizable class acts of a sport. The man was known as classy individual and had the respect of everyone he worked with. If your kid was going to be a wrestler, you would have wanted him to be Chris Benoit. This is why it is so hard for the wrestling community to come to grip with this tragedy.

Obviously Chris Benoit isn't or wasn't the person everyone thought he was.

I was flipping through the channels at a hotel last night (like I always do on travel) and caught the WWE tribute show. I don't think there's any way the WWE knew that Benoit was responsible... I still think the story is really bizzare, but I'd have to say the drugs, but more so the concussion link probably made him crazy and something just snappede in his brain. I can't imagine killing your 7-year old son.

I 100% agree with the tribute show... hell, I know wrestlers are professionals and all (and continued after Owen Hart's accident), but I can't imagine them feeling like doing much work the day they learn a good friend and co-worker is gone. I was touched by the tribute (before knowing the facts), although it's all gone south... especially when The King talked about going to your family and telling them how much you love them.

One of my favorite moments in WWF was when Edge and Christian were adding lyricst o wrestler's entrance musics, and they did Benoit... "Chris Benoit is here and he's really mad... Chris Benoit is here and he's really ang-ry... Here it is in full the Chris Benoit Song"

I wish the WWE would scrap storylines and just do wrestling for awhile.

Just read this on TMZ...

- Chris Benoit sent a series of text messages to WWE co-workers, some from his dead wife's cell phone. According to WWE.com, all five text messages were sent between 3:53 AM and 3:58 AM on June 24. He then committed suicide.

- The messages revealed that Benoit distributed information on where to find his remains, and the enclosed location of his attack dogs.

The WWE did the only sensible thing and paid tribute to someone they thought was a good person.

I still think they should have held back on the individual tributes. When Bradshaw was talking about what a good father Benoit was, I was thinking...."Um...we may want to hold off on that."

What sort of bothered me about the show was I got the sense that they were hoping that Nancy triggered all this and they could then make her the villian.

"Nancy killed son because she is a crazy woman. Then she killed herself. Benoit finds the bodies and kills himself in grief." That's what they were hoping for, I think. Even a story of Nancy kills the son and Benoit snaps and kills her before offing himself in grief is fairly Shakespearean. You can spin that to make Benoit look human. It didn't quite work out that way.

The tribute portion felt like the beginning of a spin cycle. And it burned them in the end.

The best bet was just three hours of Benoit matches.

It's not like the WWE didn't pull a 180 tonight... so I don't think the tribute was bad, in fact I thought it was and still think its the classy thing to do... especially for other wrestlers who are probably still greiving... despite Benoit's hands being the cause of all this.

you have to realize a couple things here

1 they di not find out until 1 hour ( texas time) befor they go live at 8 last night

2 I dont think under the circumstances they could have went on with a show that WAS dont forget was goin to be all aout a MEORIAL service for Vince

do with that in mind I think it was a smart decision to just regroup and start5 all over tonight

it was not like any body knew (may have epected} BUT DI NOT KNOW WHAT THE SITUATION WAS AT THAT POINT OF LAST NIGHTS SHOW

I just saw on pwinsider.com that some fans that were at the SanAntonia event tonight for ECW/smackdown that ALL Chris Benoit sign were conviscated by security there were a few on smackdown but sure they will edit those out I can not link it from work because it has spy ware blocker on this computer and cant link it to other things anyway they also had the SPOILER for smackdown on there

no real ongoin storylines but one ting that was mention is that there was a 4 way match between funaki Jamie Noble Jiimy Wang Yang and Chavo and Chavo was CHEERED VERY LOUDLY

I found this line just plain stupid, nobody knew what had actually happened when the tribute show went on, this writer makes it sound like the tribute show was done after everyone knew.

I guarantee you he didn't watch a single second of that "travesty"

The media likes to pile on pro wrestling, and this is all the fuel they need.

Chris Benoit was one of my favorites..it is so hard to believe he could do this. I agree with most of you in regards to the WWE paying a tribute show for Chris(it wasnt wrong at the time). Now that the truth is out..there stance has changed and rightfully so. We all obviously thought we knew what kind of a man benoit was..but in the end sadly we didnt. Condolences to the family..I as a wrestling fan am heartbroken.

Owen Hart, Eddie Guerrero, now this tragedy. Man...

The WWE didn't make a mistake of airing a tribute to Benoit show, USA Network did. They should have put on a "Best of Raw" after Vince's announcement at the beginning of the show with a crawler on the bottom stating it's a best of show and the reason. Everyone is blaming WWE, but they don't control the network.

I hate to say it but the sports illistrated article is right on the money ( I dont agree with the tribute part) but every thing he is saying is pretty right on the money like it or not

sometimes as fans we just need to face facts that theses athlets put alot on the line not just to them selfs but their families and it starts to take a toll

I dont know if any of you seen the other day but on Scarbourough (sp) country hosted by Dan Abrams yesterday he had Bret Hart on and he was saying once you are out of the spotlight even for just a split second you start getting SEVERLY depressed and that one cause of all these guys loosing their minds ( his words not mine)

if we think ECW sux now if Vince does not get a grip and get a documented drug policy in place if Congress does coming down on Vince not just ECW will suck but World Wrestling Enternainment as a whole

ok i am off my soap box now have a great day

I checked out that chat, the one thing I noticed was that the son was suffering from dwarfism, and that was reported by the police.

That's the first I heard of that, which is interesting because I've heard about how he was pumped with growth hormone at least 100 times since yesterday. I guess the media left that out while they were piling on the roid rage theory.

I think the WWE is taking too much heat here. The story should be on Benoit, not about how Vince McMahon is the reason that X amount of people have died the past 10 years.......

But, that doens't draw ratings