Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I was listening to Rover's Morning Glory which is based in Cleveland but is played in Rochester and they had a caller this morning from Memphis who refused to come on the air.

But he said that he trained with Benoit alot, and Benoit owed ALOT of money to the people he gets his growth hormone from and he says it's going to come out that Benoit probably watched his wife and son get killed in front of his eyes and then he took his own life afterwards.

Again, take it for what it's worth, a rumor.

I was listening to Rover's Morning Glory which is based in Cleveland but is played in Rochester and they had a caller this morning from Memphis who refused to come on the air.

But he said that he trained with Benoit alot, and Benoit owed ALOT of money to the people he gets his growth hormone from and he says it's going to come out that Benoit probably watched his wife and son get killed in front of his eyes and then he took his own life afterwards.

This was one of the first thoughts to cross my mind. Grisly as it is, I'd rather not think of Chris Benoit as someone who murdered his wife and child. If this is true, I could imagine why he'd want to die after being witness to something like that.:(

Well, if they are getting anonymous hearsay from Memphis about a murder in Atlanta....I am completely on board.

I know everyone watches the Law and Order franchise and is now an expert, but my limited experience in criminal law teaches me a few things:

1. The simplest explanation for crimes is often the best.

2. The overwhelming majority of murder victims are killed by someone they know well.

3. In cases involving the death of women, a close relation is generally the perpetrator of the crime.

4. There are no "perfect" crimes. If the Russian mob executes a family, the police will at least be able to figure out the broad details.

Well' date=' if they are getting anonymous hearsay from Memphis about a murder in Atlanta....I am completely on board.

I know everyone watches the Law and Order franchise and is now an expert, but my limited experience in criminal law teaches me a few things:

1. The simplest explanation for crimes is often the best.

2. The overwhelming majority of murder victims are killed by someone they know well.

3. In cases involving the death of women, a close relation is generally the perpetrator of the crime.

4. There are no "perfect" crimes. If the Russian mob executes a family, the police will at least be able to figure out the broad details.[/quote']

Why the hell are you so hostile? I didn't make that crap up, I'm saying what I heard. Get a grip and back off.

I never claimed that's what actually happened.

This was one of the first thoughts to cross my mind. Grisly as it is, I'd rather not think of Chris Benoit as someone who murdered his wife and child. If this is true, I could imagine why he'd want to die after being witness to something like that.:(

I'm in the same boat as you.

There are no "perfect" crimes. If the Russian mob executes a family' date=' the police will at least be able to figure out the broad details.[/quote']

Maybe it was the Canadian Mafia. They were rumored to be who killed Dino Bravo if I remember correctly.....

I don't think I was particularly hostile.

I just think making up crazy-ass rumors does no one any good' date=' even though I know that is what the Internets are for.[/quote']

Like I said, I didn't make anything up.

So again, get a grip and back off.

I don't think I was particularly hostile.

I just think making up crazy-ass rumors does no one any good' date=' even though I know that is what the Internets are for.[/quote']

It's a last gasp, maybe?

Deep down, we probably all know what happened. The thing is, none of us want to believe it.

We watched this man perform for years, we followed his career. He was a favorite of some of us. It was a big deal when he won the title at Wrestlemania.

Now, we have to deal with the fact that the man we followed & rooted for killed his wife & child? We'd rather not think about that.

So theories are born. Hope for the best, but expect the worst......

It's a last gasp, maybe?

Deep down, we probably all know what happened. The thing is, none of us want to believe it.

We watched this man perform for years, we followed his career. He was a favorite of some of us. It was a big deal when he won the title at Wrestlemania.

Now, we have to deal with the fact that the man we followed & rooted for killed his wife & child? We'd rather not think about that.

So theories are born. Hope for the best, but expect the worst......

I totally understand. I'm basically in the same boat. I haven't watched wrestling for years. But it was a very big part of both my childhood and my early adult life. I watched the first Wrestlemania on closed circuit tv as - gosh - a ten year old, I guess, and I bought the first ECW pay per view as a law student. So, I'm invested.

And I thought Benoit was both the best performer of the last 20 years and a pretty good example of what wrestling should be. You never heard him connected with drugs or violence or insanity out of the ring. He never played politics. The most scandalous part of his life was his marriage and that had the advantage of a) being darkly humorous and B) being apparently succcessful. He was, in some ways, the hope that you could actually be a pro wrestler for twenty years and not end up a completely broken man.

And now that's gone.

What I find incredibly sad is that if you had to name two wrestlers who were true believers in "the right way" to do things, you would almost certainly name Benoit and Bret Hart.

And look at where they ended up. It's just so damn sad.

from PWInsider: In light of the Benoit family tragedy, WWE's Shopzone merchandise website has pulled all merchandise related to Chris Benoit. Searches for Benoit's name in the website's search engine are returned "discontinued." Benoit's name has been removed to the degree that the listing for the DVD of Wrestlemania XX now reads, "Triple H defends his World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels."

Go to WWEshop.com and do a search on Benoit.

This speaks volumes as to what has been revealed to WWE staff. :(

This get's more and more bizarre, when I heard about it I just thought home invasion was written all over it, while many bristle at the rumor KDawg "broke" that was on the radio I can see something like this happening if Benoit was dealing with "drug dealers" and not doctors or pharmacists.

The Hart family and those closely connected with them have suffered so much tragedy in the last 10 years they have caught the Von Erichs as wrestling's most tragic family.

Go to WWEshop.com and do a search on Benoit.

This speaks volumes as to what has been revealed to WWE staff. :(

That pretty much settles it right there. The worst is probably true.

We all know Vince McMahon, he lives by the motto that "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

For the WWE to cut all ties this quickly, it doesn't look good

That pretty much settles it right there. The worst is probably true.

We all know Vince McMahon, he lives by the motto that "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

For the WWE to cut all ties this quickly, it doesn't look good

Not at all, it still doesn't mean this isn't drug related but again I think we all knew when we first heard his entire family was gone what probably happened.

This get's more and more bizarre, when I heard about it I just thought home invasion was written all over it, while many bristle at the rumor KDawg "broke" that was on the radio I can see something like this happening if Benoit was dealing with "drug dealers" and not doctors or pharmacists.

The Hart family and those closely connected with them have suffered so much tragedy in the last 10 years they have caught the Von Erichs as wrestling's most tragic family.

90 percent of the Von Erich tragedies were self-inflicted. Fritz didn't seem to care how sick or high or drunk or out of control his boys were as long as business was good.

Let's send David to Japan even though he is a drug addict suffering from stomach pain.

Let's make Kevin and Kerry wrestle at Texas Stadium even though they are grieving.

Let's send Kerry into the ring against Flair even though he can't stand up.

Let's cover up the reason behind Kerry's motorcycle accident.

Let's not tell anyone that Kerry is an amputee.

Let's tell everyone we are good Christian boys even though none of us are ever sober.

Let's rush Mike back to the ring even though he probably has brain damage and can barely talk.

Let's put Chris in the ring even though he is 5'3 and can take a step without breaking a bone.

You know the sad part? This is a huge story if you ask me.. there are millions of people who know who Benoit is and respected him..

However....

Early this morning.. the biggest news story was that of Paris Hilton being released from prison and her driver was playing cat and mouse with the paparazzi. :doh:

Only in America does a million dollar 'princess' get more publicity then a big 'sports' star who is involved in a murder/suicide and could very well be the agressor. :doh: