Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Oh definitely some really good wrestlers in AEW..but to me they lean too heavily on factions and a ridiculous number of title belts. And that turns me off from the product more than anything else. 

MJF is definitely a star though. 

It is a lot to follow. I like the Stables. It gives more people TV time without everyone needing to be in the ring. Reminds me when all of DX would roll out (when they had the Outlaws and X-Pac). 

MJF is a star for sure. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Edge is 49 with a neck that could go at any second. Jericho is 52 and seems to still like taking those crazy bumps. 

Both must really love that AEW $s. But I can't see AEW lasting more than a few more years with these dwindling viewer #s. 

Here we go. Guys look old in AEW, but you'd mark out when the Undertaker, The Rock, Shawn Michael or Stone Cold come down the aisle. You guys have been putting TNA out of business from day one and they're still here. Get used to it, the WWE isn't the only game in town anymore. 

And if I'm not mistaken, many of you said the exact same thing about Angle when he went to TNA and he had a very good run there. 

Edited by No Nonsense

Hey, I grew up with 80s NWA (WCW) moreso than WWF (WWE). So I hope AEW stays around, but I also think it has some issues (like WWE) does. Both have roster bloat, but WWE has started pairing down. AEW only seems to keep adding. AEW (and the orgs it partners with) has way way way way too many titles. And again, I'm not a fan of everyone being in a faction. Or 6 and 8 man matches that AEW always seems to feature (which probably occurs because of the rosrer bloat). 

But I get that appeals to some. 

WWEs problem right now is title longevity and some of their stars only wrestling a few times a year. Do we need Roman Reigns to be a champ for 3+ years? Or boring ass Gunther to hold the IC for over a year +? Probably not. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Do we need Roman Reigns to be a champ for 3+ years? Or boring ass Gunther to hold the IC for over a year +? Probably not. 

I'm so indifferent towarda Reigns that even with pea**** to see ppvs, I don't remember the last time I saw him on a match.

Gunther at least is out there and in some long ass matches. 

I think AEW will survive. Probably not to be a WCW level company. But it feels bigger than it is. They have some top talent men and women. I think their stories could be tighter and like was said. Too many titles. 

I think AEW is already on the level of WCW. They have a major TV deal and even WCW never put 80K plus in a stadium. Plus, AEW is a legitimate alternative to the WWE. Something that hasn't happened since WCW.

What you guys have to understand is that this is not a boom period for wrestling right now. Everybody's attendance and ratings are down. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He doesn't look "young" but he looks fine. Jericho is looking old. I know when he's a heel, he adds more fat to his body. But he's 50 something now. I hope AEW gives him a stable. 

He looks fine. He also looks old. I mean, all those guys from our favorite era are at least 50 or close to it. It's OK. But yeah, He looks old.

I say it bc in my mind he's still Edge with the sleek black tailcoat, coming out to Rob Zombie with the fog machine, a fresh faced 20-something. I just never got to see him grow and cement his legacy as a singles guy

*Also, Gunthers chops sound like a man hard at work in a Queens butcher shop in the early '70s.

He legit is the greatest chopper I've ever seen. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

When it comes to chops..Ric Flair.

Hide contents

Wooooooo!

I never saw prime NWA/WCW Flair, so idk. Gunther has a chop hand like a Mayan warlock

Honestly Chris Benoit might be number 2 for me, also above Flair

Edited by Mr. Sinister

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Bret Hart once threatened to punch Flair in the nose because of Flair's brutal chops. 

Yeah, I mean there's a reason everybody goes "Wooo!" In every arena when a chop fest starts. He will go down as the father of the chop, regardless of what rando on Commanders message board says (and I also never said he wasn't the best, to clarify)

Also, that's funny as hell, cuz Bret and that whole family probably ate full Nelson's and arm bars for breakfast in that household. Some of the toughest mf'ers to ever lace em up. You gotta go hard af to make that man wanna punch you

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...

My kid and I are DVRing and watching every show now.  I may be wrong but I feel like they spend way more time talking now than actually wrestling.  Then again, growing up there may have been more wrestling but most of them were squash matches to build the monsters.

He's decided his favorite wrestler is LA Knight.  I'm not a fan, mostly because his whole "Yeah" schtick reminds me of Stone Cold Steve Austin's "What" phase which was annoying as hell.

I'm surprised how into it the audience gets considering how they don't even try to pretend it's real anymore.  I will say the entrances have come a long way, the audience is constantly singing along and some of the computer visuals are insane.

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

WWE will probably screw it up but I think Bronson Reed could emerge as a real star for that company. 

I can't believe DX returned for one night a few weeks ago. That gif of that guy thrusting with DX was absolutely hilarious and got me hooked

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Seth Rollins/CM Punk thing is keyfabe, right? 

My gut is telling me that SR was playing up the dramatics for the crowd since he knew the clips would be all over the net. He knows there's money in Punk's return and that's all he truly cares about at the end of the day. 

Of course I could be totally off here.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

My gut is telling me that SR was playing up the dramatics for the crowd since he knew the clips would be all over the net. He knows there's money in Punk's return and that's all he truly cares about at the end of the day. 

Of course I could be totally off here.

Both could be true. He dislikes the guy and he really went over the top like you said. Makes sense. 

So many Alpha guys right now and not enough storylines until you pair some up like Rhodes and Orton again for a tag run. That actually makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1