Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I just came back from the car shop when I read the news I felt sick to my stomach. Iron Sheik was the best on twitter. He ripped LeBron in LA for being a disappointment (before this year), and routinely lambasted professionals, becoming the top hater on social media. "IF YOU WANT TO BOUNCE LIKE A BOUNCEY BALL...GO **** YOURSELF" He lampooned social media trends and let's get this straight, he was the all American Champion, Wrestling Champion, sold out the Madison Square Garden and no other jabroni not even the Jabroni Hulk Hogan could do that 

So RIP Bubba, I pour a cold beer out for you

I'm pretty old so I remember him selling out the Madison Square Garden and the Silverdome when he fought the jabroni Brian Blair before the Bob Backlund come and save him.

"You was lucky, punk."

Shiek transcended from being just another wrestler to the iron sheik class, and his appearances on media were even funnier. He had so many classic appearances on O&A and Howard Stern. They're too vulgar obviously to post here but his shoot on Pork was hilarious. "LAMB AND SHEEP, THEY EAT GRASS. THAT NO GOOD SON OF A **** PORK EAT DEAD ANIMALS. FOR THIS REASON, MUSLIM PEOPLE, JEWISH PEOPLE, WE DON'T EAT PORK!"

His shoot on the Ultimate Warrior was hilarious, he ripped into him for vulgar reasons, check out the video of him in the NJ convention where Mr Warrior refused to shake his hand. The way Shiek tells it is hilarious, likely untrue, but hilarious. "I go to Mr Warrior I say shake hands, he said no, shieky baby, I don't want to shake your hand. You tell everyone, I am a REDACTED"  and Shieky baby is like "I didn't say that. I never said that."

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm pretty old so I remember him selling out the Madison Square Garden and the Silverdome when he fought the jabroni Brian Blair before the Bob Backlund come and save him.

It was the Hacksaw come and save him. Big man, American, 2x4. He was so lucky that that the Hacksaw come and save him before he break his back and then **** his ass.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It was the Hacksaw come and save him. Big man, American, 2x4. He was so lucky that that the Hacksaw come and save him before he break his back and then **** his ass.

The funniest was his misremembering

"You are worse than the Michael jordan...Jackson"

Colonel Mustafa's passing made me wonder about why I stuck with early 1990s WWF.  The gimmicks.  

A Dentist!  A Garbageman!  IRS Agent to team up with Milliondollar Man.  A Cop and a prisoner.  A Repo Man. A fat African from Uganda. A Viking. A Native American. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Colonel Mustafa's passing made me wonder about why I stuck with early 1990s WWF.  The gimmicks.  

A Dentist!  A Garbageman!  IRS Agent to team up with Milliondollar Man.  A Cop and a prisoner.  A Repo Man. A fat African from Uganda. A Viking. A Native American. 

Huss! 🖐👈

He's no Friar Fergasun that's for sure. 🤭

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

He's no Friar Fergasun that's for sure. 🤭

God, Mike Shaw may have had the worst luck as far as gimmicks.  First as Norman the Lunatic in WCW, then Friar Ferguson.  Then they ditch that and bring him back as Bastion Booger.  At some point the writing has to be on the wall there.

It might have only been worse if he had been forced to be Mantaur.

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Then they ditch that and bring him back as Bastion Booger.

I discovered his glorious wwf run only within the past two months. 🤭

Bastion Booger > IRS > Rob Bartlett on commentary. 

Watching the early days of Monday Night Raw for the first time recently. So many bad gimmicks yet still incredibly entertaining.

12 minutes ago, Forehead said:

It might have only been worse if he had been forced to be Mantaur.

I'm excited to witness his legendary debut. Only ever seen him in his one royal rumble appearance. 

Edited by Captain Wiggles

5 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I discovered his glorious wwf run only within the past two months. 🤭

Bastion Booger > IRS > Rob Bartlett on commentary. 

You have got to watch Survivor Series 93.  Bam Bam Bigelow attempting to lead a team of Bastion Booger and two Samoans against four Doinks.  It is the ultimate so bad it's good/funny match of that early 90's era.

55 minutes ago, Forehead said:

You have got to watch Survivor Series 93.  Bam Bam Bigelow attempting to lead a team of Bastion Booger and two Samoans against four Doinks.  It is the ultimate so bad it's good/funny match of that early 90's era.

Watched it not to long ago. Bushwhacker Doinks on scooters. 🤣

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

One of those two Samoans in that match was Fatu (aka Rikishi aka The Usos and Solo Sikoa's dad).

Edited by The Evil Genius

@Captain Wiggles

@Forehead

Early 1990s WWF is do rough.  If there is no Undertaker - not only did the gimmick work, the wrestler was awesome -  I don't make it as a fan to the Rock, Austin, Foley, Triple H era when it was the pinaccle of sports entertainment between mic work, ring work and male drama (but mostly the mic and ring work).  

I will say, I remember "The Kid" as one of the early Monday Night Raw surprises... and when WWF went away from jobbers and squash matches it turned into "must see TV".  I suppose that may have been part of the Monday Night Wars.  I would switch between MNF and Raw.  Unsure why I never gave WCW a peek... 

That early 1990s tag team division may have been more entertaining than the singles...  but I was never a Hogan, Flair, Savage guy (i don't seem to remembee Savage doing much and it surprised me to hear him on the mic on some clips.).   I never realized for the longest time Vince was the owner....the announcer?!?

I don't think many people knew Vince was the owner outside of wrestling. I didn't know he was until the Steroids trial. Had the same reaction. The announcer?!?

Unfortunately the Undertaker was one of the reasons I stopped watching. The bit where he locked the Ultimate Warrior in the coffin was just ridiculously bad. So that and bull**** like The Mounties cattle zapper dealy I was done. Missed out on the attitude era. 

Been to a number of the Monday Night Raws here at the Greensboro Coliseum over the past decade plus tho. They alway seem to come to town around this time of year.

9 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Early 1990s WWF is do rough.  If there is no Undertaker - not only did the gimmick work, the wrestler was awesome -  I don't make it as a fan to the Rock, Austin, Foley, Triple H era when it was the pinaccle of sports entertainment between mic work, ring work and male drama (but mostly the mic and ring work).  

Interesting because January 1993 was when I first got really into wrestling.  Royal Rumble 1993 was the first pay-per-view I ever bought, the one that ended with Yokozuna bench pressing Savage over the top rope.

I had rented tapes from video stores and caught shows on TV occasionally, so I had seen late 80's/early 90's WCW like Sting and the Great Muta, and some random WWF content but January 1993 was when I went full in.  Weird time to pick in hindsight, but I loved the Undertaker, Razor Ramon, etc.

Twelve year old me didn't know jack. So many of the wrestlers I disliked then I now enjoy as a adult and some of the ones I liked then,  like say Tatanka, I absolutely can't stand now.

IRS for example is incredibly hilarious. Berating the crowd for being tax cheats is pure gold. Highly repetitive and surprised ihelasted as long as he did but maybe that's because of Rotundas commitment to the bit. His tax tips are incredible. 

One time IRS was talking about this young single mom asking for tax exemption because she can’t afford to raise her kid and he said something to the effect of “guess she should’ve thought about that before she hopped in the sack”. Nine year old me found it highly entertaining.