Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

the whole two night model sucks. Give me 1 night LOADED with all the best stuff.

I love the 2 night model.  I was calling for that for years.  12-14 match, 5-6 hour slogs on a Sunday night are tough.  It needs to be big and larger than normal and one night isn't not enough to jam it all in.

Edited by justice98

47 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I love the 2 night model.  I was calling for that for years.  12-14 match, 5-6 hour slogs on a Sunday night are tough.  It needs to be big and larger than normal and one night isn't not enough to jam it all in.

But it's not "better" IMO. 

The 4 way women's tag has some of the most talent performers in that company and each spent most of their time watching from the side. 

Entrances used to be better and bigger. 

Maybe if the NXT was part of the main wrestlemania? Those folks work hard. Then you could spread it out over two nights. I feel like it's the same amount of value spread over two shows with more filler that is meh. 

28 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

But it's not "better" IMO. 

The 4 way women's tag has some of the most talent performers in that company and each spent most of their time watching from the side. 

Entrances used to be better and bigger. 

Maybe if the NXT was part of the main wrestlemania? Those folks work hard. Then you could spread it out over two nights. I feel like it's the same amount of value spread over two shows with more filler that is meh. 

They could have cut 1/2 the matches imo. To me the tag team mens, the Mysterios fighing each other, Flair/Ripley match, and the great with ****ty ending match between Cody/Roman were the only things worth the event. 

Maybe throw in Demon Balor vs Edge, if it hadn't been cut short due to Balor getting cut.  

55 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

They could have cut 1/2 the matches imo. To me the tag team mens, the Mysterios fighing each other, Flair/Ripley match, and the great with ****ty ending match between Cody/Roman were the only things worth the event. 

Maybe throw in Demon Balor vs Edge, if it hadn't been cut short due to Balor getting cut.  

Agreed. I feel bad for Dom Mysterio because he's kind of a ****ty heel. Like they aren't booing him because they hate him I think. They are booing because he's not a convincing bad guy. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants

8 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Agreed. I feel back for Dom Mysterio because he's kind of a ****ty heel. Like they aren't booing him because they hate him I think. They are booing because he's not a convincing bad guy. 

I suspect he legit will turn Face soon. Although I'm not sold that he'd be in the WWE without his Dad. 😆

He still seems really stiff for a non big guy. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect he legit will turn Face soon. Although I'm not sold that he'd be in the WWE without his Dad. 😆

He still seems really stiff for a non big guy. 

Right. He has a few moves. But looks like he should be quicker. He def needs to get leaner.

and look, I'll never say no to Trish Stratus...... and Lita put herself out there. But that's now what I want to see at WM with Becky. She deserves her own 1:1 match with Bayley. 

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

WWE probably should have Roman/Solo Sikoa turn on the Usos and make the Usos face now. Then have Reigns drop one of titles since he hardly ever wrestles and isn't that interesting for most fans. 

I'm out on all of them except Solo right now. Now that they are probably pushing Roman for 1,000 days as champ. I could see him and Solo getting the tag titles also. 

22 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

WWE probably should have Roman/Solo Sikoa turn on the Usos and make the Usos face now. Then have Reigns drop one of titles since he hardly ever wrestles and isn't that interesting for most fans

That couldnt be further from the truth.  Roman is the biggest, most popular, most interesting guy they have.  All that "needle mover" stuff isnt just for show.  He is the top draw (by a mile) specifically because people are into him.

Imo Roman will always be the guy that Vince shoved down the fans throat as champ. His most interesting role was part of the Shield and nothing he has done since then has been 3 yrs as champ fan worthy. 

(Imo) He has little charisma (which is why he's a protected heel) and probably can't ever turn face or straddle the line like Austin, average mic skills (hence the need for a spokesmen like Heyman), and I'd say his popularity is a mixed bag. People don't really hate him. They just don't care. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Imo Roman will always be the guy that Vince shoved down the fans throat as champ. His most interesting role was part of the Shield and nothing he has done since then has been 3 yrs as champ fan worthy. 

(Imo) He has little charisma (which is why he's a protected heel) and probably can't ever turn face or straddle the line like Austin, average mic skills (hence the need for a spokesmen like Heyman), and I'd say his popularity is a mixed bag. People don't really hate him. They just don't care. 

He's ok on the mic. But his character design doesn't allow for more. When he and Cody were going back and forth a few weeks ago talking about Dusty. I was surprised Roman was able to do that. Then they didn't do it again.

Always thought that on top of having a performance training center. All the people coming up should also be working in improve troops to practice their speaking skills and creating different characters. 

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He's ok on the mic. But his character design doesn't allow for more. When he and Cody were going back and forth a few weeks ago talking about Dusty. I was surprised Roman was able to do that. Then they didn't do it again.

Always thought that on top of having a performance training center. All the people coming up should also be working in improve troops to practice their speaking skills and creating different characters. 

Maybe it is me and maybe it's unrealistic to compare him to people like Rock, HHH, or even Cena/Austin. But considering he's supposed to be the Tribal Chief and has held the title for almost 3 years...I think he falls well short.  

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe it is me and maybe it's unrealistic to compare him to people like Rock, HHH, or even Cena/Austin. But considering he's supposed to be the Tribal Chief and has held the title for almost 3 years...I think he falls well short.  

#1. I agree

#2. Have both belts makes it worse

#3. How little he defends those belts makes it every more terrible. What's the point? 

Two brands are dumb. There is only one US or Intercontinental title. Only need one brand and pump up the other titles more. Bring back Cruiser weight. 

I feel like y'all are watching a different guy than me.  lol  He's become really good on the mic since the Tribal Chief gimmick started.  I feel like you could tell the difference between his first program with Cena in 2017 where Cena mocked his promo skills vs the second program in 2021.  His style is not overly verbose or bombastic and it works perfectly.  This Bloodline story doesn't work if Roman couldn't have carried himself on the mic.  Especially in those early days with no crowd.

12 hours ago, Forehead said:

For you 80's/90's guys like me, Bushwhacker Butch passed away.

I know they undoubtedly made more money and is more famous as the Bushwhackers, but they'll always be the New Zealand Sheepherders to us old school fans. They were pioneers of hardcore wrestling. 

RIP

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

This hasn't been bumped in awhile.  This song from my early 90's childhood popped into my head today.  I won't accept counter-arguments, this was a hot theme.  Captures the early 90's perfectly and as someone else said, kind of makes you feel like firing up Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Thumb up 1

AEW announced that it has sold 43,000 tickets for their All In event at Wembley Stadium in August. And those are just presale numbers. They go on sale to the general public on Friday. 

WWE fans aren't happy to say the least. Lol

26 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

AEW announced that it has sold 43,000 tickets for their All In event at Wembley Stadium in August. And those are just presale numbers. They go on sale to the general public on Friday. 

I think its hilarious personally. WWE hasn't been good since the Shawn Michaels days. At least AEW tries something new every once in awhile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Good for them.  People said they were crazy, Wembley was too big, etc.  

I think the biggest crowd WCW ever got was 60k in the Georgia Dome.  So AEW could challenge that, if not smash it.

• 1 month later...