Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

32 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sorry ix. AEW Rampage averages 700k viewers. They estimate they might have had 1.2mil on Friday night for Rampage featuring Punk.

WWE had 2.4mil that same night for Smackdown. 😁

But good for AEW for pushing WWE. It's always needed. 

Smackdown is on network TV and how long has the WWE been around compared to AEW? 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sorry ix. AEW Rampage averages 700k viewers. They estimate they might have had 1.2mil on Friday night for Rampage featuring Punk.

WWE had 2.4mil that same night for Smackdown. 😁

But good for AEW for pushing WWE. It's always needed. 

Monday Night Nitro wars were good for WCW and WWF.

The same should be done here. WWE cannot be allowed to stagnate a mediocre product.

Also if memory serves me correct AEW is not relying on old talent like "Oldberg" and Brock Lesnar (who will return very soon, possibly today) to headline events lol

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

Monday Night Nitro wars were good for WCW and WWF.

The same should be done here. WWE cannot be allowed to stagnate a mediocre product.

Also if memory serves me correct AEW is not relying on old talent like "Oldberg" and Brock Lesnar (who will return very soon, possibly today) to headline events lol

No but they are still using guys like Sting and Jericho. I don’t mind old guys, my issue is with using part-time talent. It’s obviously just a cash grab from them. Not that I blame em. At least Y2J and Sting are there almost every week.

• Like 1

Punk during his rant Friday made it known he was also there to help mentor new talent

Jericho has said similar things

Meanwhile who is up and coming in WWE? Nobody that you have heard of. Because they aren't being pushed. No, WWE would rather let you know some legend is wrestling again (Lesnar, Taker) or that Roman reigns exists.

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Punk during his rant Friday made it known he was also there to help mentor new talent

Jericho has said similar things

Meanwhile who is up and coming in WWE? Nobody that you have heard of. Because they aren't being pushed. No, WWE would rather let you know some legend is wrestling again (Lesnar, Taker) or that Roman reigns exists.

Maybe Big E?

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Punk during his rant Friday made it known he 

Keith Lee, Karrion Kross, Austim Theory, Matt Riddle all come to mind.

Also..how did I miss that the late Luke Perry of 90210 fame was the father of AEW's Jungle Boy.?

Atleast it didn't autocorreect to Autism Theory.  😁

5 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

@The Evil GeniusYou have to include Reigns in this group as well. He is currently doing the best work of his young career.

Just hate the obvious push he has gotten from WWE.  Wasn't really earned and not really sure he does much to help others in (and out of) ring. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Just hate the obvious push he has gotten from WWE.  Wasn't really earned and  other sure he does much to help others in and out of ring. 

You and a lot of other fans. I don’t think WWE brass were expecting Bryan Danielson to be so over with the fans. I believe this directly impacted Reigns becoming the heir apparent after winning the Royal Rumble. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Keith Lee, Karrion Kross, Austim Theory, Matt Riddle all come to mind.

Also..how did I miss that the late Luke Perry of 90210 fame was the father of AEW's Jungle Boy.?

All I know from NXT is the guy bragging about gamestop and basically becoming the next Million dollar man

otherwise WWE's farm system is terrible

30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Just hate the obvious push he has gotten from WWE.  Wasn't really earned and not really sure he does much to help others in (and out of) ring. 

The problem is WWE pushes 4 wrestlers (Roman Reigns, Alexa Bliss, Becky lynch, and Lashley)

Everyone else basically doesn't exist

14 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

watched the first 25min of Smackdown last night. I think they are trying to make Lynch a heel, but the crowd still loves her. If that's their plan, it's not going to work. 

I think she fits the role of Steve Austin personally.  Or the female equivalent of her husband...always straddling the line between face and heel. Never afraid of stabbing someone in the back. 

That said, I think Bianca Belair is more impressive right now. 

Lynch is immensely overrated. People say she delivers great promos but the promos pale in comparison to Rock and Stone Cold who would just go off for long periods of time.

I saw Becky deliver a promo she paced it so slow, and kept taking breaks to let the audience take it all in. Just go.