Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

On 7/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, Captain Wiggles said:

I still haven't made it past August 1994. It's almost time for SummerSlam 94 with the Undertaker vs Fake Undertaker match. 🤣

Man '93-'94 might be one of the worst spans in wrestling history. 

Anywho, my nephew loves LA Knight, and I gotta say, he's a different breed. Expecting big things from him.

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man '93-'94 might be one of the worst spans in wrestling history. 

Anywho, my nephew loves LA Knight, and I gotta say, he's a different breed. Expecting big things from him.

He's crazy over right now, too. 

Got to wonder if creative has a real plan for him or if they'll blow the opportunity like they have with other people the crowd was dying to see win big. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1993 to 1994 started to see HBK take off as a singles, I think the continuing reign of Bret Hart - he wasn't my cup of tea, Razor Ramon and Diesel join the WWF.  Jeff Jarrett... I think Owen Hart also joined and there was a time when Owen and Bret had major heat. 

Just wait till you see the singles push Mabel gets (I think he wins the belt for a second... I don't even thing Lex Lugar won it). 

Stone Cold is riiight around the corner. 

I really love some of the stupid angles at the time.  Wait until you see "Diesel" and "Razor Ramon" after Scott Hall and Kevin Nash jump to WCW... one of their identities and future career will shock you!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Wait until you see "Diesel" and "Razor Ramon" after Scott Hall and Kevin Nash jump to WCW... one of their identities and future career will shock you!

Kevin Nash as the head booker for WCW handing out fat guaranteed contracts to all his buddies ultimately bankrupting the company? 🤭

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Just wait till you see the singles push Mabel gets (I think he wins the belt for a second... 

He was never the champ but he won KoR and main evented a SummerSlam. He also straight up pinned the Undertaker after minimal shenanigans.

Side note: I too have been reviewing old wrestling as that’s what I fall asleep to every night. I gotta say, Stone Cold is overrated. He was great his first few years there but after he became the face of the company, he was super repetitive (Allowing that this might be because McMahon told him to keep shoveling the catch phrases over and over). I’m to 2002 now and that, “What?” crap is annoying as hell.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Sad 1

Not sure if I am insane, but when they had Triple H, the Rock,  Kurt Angle, Stone Cold all feuding and sprinkle in some Benoit (yes he went psycho and WWE as erased him on current programming), Kane, Undertaker, and Jericho.... which I felt like they were all active from 1999 to 2004 at some point... it felt like a golden era.  I never felt like any one of them got exposed to the point of being overrated.  Especially after Stone Cold had his neck broken...

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

It was fun because of the same reason LA Knight is lighting it up today.  Fan participation.  Mic skills are critical... 

second time this LA Knight chap has come up so I just shot over to YouTube to check him out. You’re right. He’s good on the mic.

Anyway, here’s another annoying promo from Stone Cold.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That ending made zero sense.

Logan Paul might be the most must-see person on the entire roster.  It's incredible how good he is at this.

I still think they'll have Solo Sikoa turn on Reigns, take the title, and Reigns ends up going face. 

Has Reigns actually defended his title cleanly, ever?

Also..is Gunther ever going to lose?

Edited by The Evil Genius

I’m up to 2002 and this legitimately might be the best roster throughout the course of a year in wrestling history. You had a pretty strong group already then they picked up everybody from WCW when Vince bought them out plus the debut year of some future stars. I’m sure I’m forgetting some big names but here’s some of who all WWE had in 2002…

Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Angle, Hogan, Flair, Nash, Hall, Booker T, Cena, Batista, Orton, Lesnar, Edge, Big Show, Kane, Jericho, Guerrero, Benoit, Hardy’s, Dudley’s, Mysterio, RVD, HBK

It really wasn’t a great year. They really did a weak invasion angle, Stone Cold jumped the shark with his nonsensical heel turn followed by another one six weeks later and then just showing up right back as a good guy again out of nowhere like nothing ever happened and of course, he’s still the main guy even though his promos usually consist of him reading his grocery list while people say “what?” after every item. When he breaks from that tried and true formula, he comes up with such clever stuff as reciting the entire god damn theme song of Beverly hillbillies but it’s awesome because people say “what?” after every line.

• Thumb up 2

On 8/8/2023 at 12:26 AM, Fergasun said:

Are you just watching the PPVs?

Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs. I don’t watch them so much as I fall asleep listening to them. Been falling asleep to wrestling since I was 11 or 12. Can’t quit now and believe me, I’ve tried. In the end, I always come crawling back to my homoerotic master.

• Haha 1