Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Having Turner at their back again is pretty big time. This isnt going away. I would def be trying to tap into that Japanese/Mexican pipeline too, if it still exists.

I think so too, TNT behind them along with a billionaire funding it.  I thought TNA got pretty good at one point, but they just could never get over that next hurdle and become actual competition for the WWE.  I actually thought their women's division back then was far better than WWE's and more entertaining than a lot of the story lines/matches the male roster was involved in.

Back then, that wasn't enough though.  What's crazy now is the WWE women's division has turned into one of their strongest focal points.  It really turned the corner when they started putting them in cage matches, TLC matches, etc.   

I read that the contracts for AJ Styles, Gallows and Anderson were expiring in 2019, not sure if they already resigned or when they actually expire.  But it would be pretty cool if they could lure all three of them and reform the Bullet Club in AEW.  From what I've seen trying to look up contracts for current WWE wrestlers, it looks like Vince locks them in for a good while, which makes sense for them to sign when there really isn't any legit competition.

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I read that the contracts for AJ Styles, Gallows and Anderson were expiring in 2019, not sure if they already resigned or when they actually expire.  But it would be pretty cool if they could lure all three of them and reform the Bullet Club in AEW.  From what I've seen trying to look up contracts for current WWE wrestlers, it looks like Vince locks them in for a good while, which makes sense for them to sign when there really isn't any legit competition.

AJ re-signed already. 

Last I heard was that Anderson and Gallows turned down a new WWE contract.  But that was a couple months ago.  Dont know if they're still working it out, or if they turned it down cuz they decided to leave.

I would have loved to have seen Styles in AEW.  

Edited by justice98

Just now, justice98 said:

AJ re-signed already. 

Last I heard was that Anderson and Gallows turned down a new WWE contract.  But that was a couple months ago.  Dont know if they're still working it out, or if they turned it down cuz they decided to leave.

That sucks, Anderson and Gallows would be a decent sign for AEW.  I'd love to see Braun Stroman end up there and hold their title, but Vince probably locked him down until 2090......

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That sucks, Anderson and Gallows would be a decent sign for AEW.  I'd love to see Braun Stroman end up there and hold their title, but Vince probably locked him down until 2090......

AEW doesnt seem like the place for the super heavyweights though.  You gotta be able to work.  

• Like 1

I have been out of the ProWrestling lane for awhile, but if I could advise AEW of one thing, it would definitely be that their best bet is to be their own product, don't try to be WWE-lite.  What made the 90's so fun was that WWE, WCW, & ECW all felt like different products and succeeded in establishing their own brand & style.  Sure there was some crossover, especially with wrestlers going back & forth between promotions but even with that, they felt almost "re-born" as a different version of themselves when they were make the jump. 

My ProWrestling fandom died the day ECW & WCW closed their doors, not because I hated WWE (at the time), but because I knew that without legitimate competition Vince McMahon was just going to strong-arm his vision of what ProWrestling should be back onto the promotion unlike the 15-20 year period where he had to let other's into the creative operation to better compete. 

Is AEW the pathway back to that?  Who knows.....but I hope so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• TK changed the title to The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW
  • 3 weeks later...

This is desperate Vince. Instead of trying to innovate. Maybe the Next Attitude Era will work. But not if you keep trotting out the Undertaker.

The whole brand thing is still going to be a mess. Different champions at the same level.

They need to bring back more Stables so you can get air time for these people who might not perform on TV every week. But you have the Cruisers against each other, the women, the tags. When DX was HHH, X-Pac, the Outlaws and China or Tori or whoever. That worked because they could come out all to support X-Pac and get into it with the Nation.

Get rid of the one coming out to do guest commentary. Or their little fake talk show. What a waste of time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What a shame. I wouldve thought both Bischoff and Heyman wouldve had enough of being face****ed by Vince.

This is really it then, huh? I actually might start legit watching again (wrestling, not necessarily WWE). They seem truly shook, from the top down, and they need to be. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

As long as Vince still has his fingerprints over it, I dont think much will change.  Between Vince, these two, and the networks, it's liable to be a cluster.  However, I may have to amend that if Vince is preoccupied with getting the XFL off the ground.

Edited by justice98

4 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This is desperate Vince. Instead of trying to innovate. Maybe the Next Attitude Era will work. But not if you keep trotting out the Undertaker.

The whole brand thing is still going to be a mess. Different champions at the same level.

They need to bring back more Stables so you can get air time for these people who might not perform on TV every week. But you have the Cruisers against each other, the women, the tags. When DX was HHH, X-Pac, the Outlaws and China or Tori or whoever. That worked because they could come out all to support X-Pac and get into it with the Nation.

Get rid of the one coming out to do guest commentary. Or their little fake talk show. What a waste of time. 

miztv is the only good fake talk show

• Like 2

No pun intended, but I"m all in on AEW. I've been hoping the Young Bucks/Generation Me would catch a break.

It's nice to see they got tired of waiting and created their own with Cody. I can't WAIT until they find a way to get CM Punk to come over. I don't know how or when, but it's going to happen one day. lol

That was the most fun I've had at a wrestling show in years! Moxley vs. Janela was absolutely nuts!! I knew it would be a wild match but I didn't imagine they'd take it to that level of crazy(barbed wire chair, barbed wire tables and bags of tacks)! The crowd was amazing, the level of excitement was amazing. I wanted to get a souvenir shirt after the event but the line was at least 100 people deep and I had a long drive home. Two breakout stars from the show in my mind were MJF and Darby Allin. Both were great, MJF's promo was gold! The production aspect still needs a little work. They had two trons but they only had the AEW logo on them 90% of the time. We were almost floor level and when the action spilled out of the ring on certain sides we couldn't see. They need to tighten that kind of stuff up. But hey, only their second show. I'm very excited to see where they go from here. I'll be going to their next show in Jacksonville with my wife. Will be interesting to see what they do with their weekly show this fall.