Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Flair's been talking about Mulligan's health for a while on his podcast. Apparently, he weighs close to 500 pounds and is basically bed-ridden. Flair's been talking about how he's near the end for a few months now.

It's kind of a shame, because a healthy Blackjack at any age would be the perfect guy to show up to try to "talk some sense" to Bray or Bo or whoever and take a bump for his troubles.

It's always fun when a giddy Flair tells Blackjack stories. I mean the guy punched Andre the Giant AND got arrested with his son for counterfeiting. That's quite a life.

Mulligan was my first favorite wrestler. I still remember watching a late night wrestling broadcast where he put the claw on someone and blood came running out of the guy's head, then the big red X blocked the rest of it.

I'm always fascinated how freaks of nature (athletically) like Ryback aren't bigger stars. Poor writing? Poor mic skills? What is it?

I mean..to me he's Brock Lesnar (almost the exact same size) but with more personality. 

edit..just read up on him some more and I guess other wrestlers have criticized his ring skills and potential to injure other guys. I guess it makes sense now.

Edited by The Evil Genius

I think a part of it is that it's harder to book monsters now than ever before. I'm not entirely sure that The Road Warriors would get over today unless they were on a Brock Lesnar contract.

You have Ryback go through the roster for six months and then set him up with, say, Ambrose for some kind of title. Maybe you do an injury angle and Ambrose has to come back in four months and get his revenge. Once the monster has been slain, what do you do with him? You just put him in a case with Kane and The Big Show where they are kind of a comedy act until you need them to be a killer for a few weeks.

Ryback would be incredibly well-served going to Japan for a year, getting the **** stiffed out of him, figuring out how to get over, and then coming back in some kind of new ring gear.

(The Road Warriors were able to keep their unbeatable vibe for year despite the fact that they never really held title belts because they would spend a year in a territory, draw huge money, and move on. If they were on Raw once a week for five years, what the hell do you do with them?)

I criticize the booking all the time, but I'm also sympathetic to it. When you have 20 guys locked into 5 year contracts who are on tv every week, eventually you just run out of **** to do with them.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

A guy like Ryback would have been huge in the 80's. He could have been a part of a tag team. He could have went from territory to territory as hired muscle. Many wrestlers like him became huge in Japan. Stan Hanson, Terry Gordy, Dr Death and The Road Warriors come to mind. Now, he would probably be better served in TNA or ROH.

On the list of guys that I think should be stars but aren't, Ryback would be near the bottom of the list.

But how is Ryback different than say Lesnar? Is it all Heyman?

Some guys just have charisma, some don't. Even years ago before Heyman was in the picture, Lesnar was magnetic and a big deal.

But how is Ryback different than say Lesnar? Is it all Heyman?

I feel like people overlook a pretty simple fact when it comes to Lesnar: He's one of the biggest physical freaks in the history of the universe.

He won the NCAA wrestling title. He had a debilitating motorcycle accident, said screw it, and still attended an NFL training camp where he nearly made the team despite the fact that he did not play college ball. He said "Oh well," trained for UFC and won its heavyweight title. At some during all this, he lost a large part of his intestines.

On top of that, he's weirdly charismatic. Not good on the microphone, but just has a presence that is amazing.

I put it this way: I do not like UFC....and I'm not even a particular fan of Brock. But I watched all of his UFC fights.

The weird thing about Lesnar is that I honestly think he just wants to drive a tractor all day.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Man, just got caught up on Raw tonight........Thanks Daniel Bryan!  It was a cool ride watching you rise to the top.  Loved it when he said that he wanted to have kids, crowd chants yes, then he's like, "That's what Bree says!".

Very emotional, wish the best for that guy.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Word is Titus O'Neil is suspended following an incident with Vince during Bryan's retirement speech. Did anybody catch that? Apparently, you could kinda see something going on on the Network portion, but it wasn't entirely clear the nature of it.

I didn't catch it, but evidently he grabbed Vince and Vince got mad, shoved him and suspended him for 90 days the following night for the Smack Down taping in Portland.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=99695

Ninety days seems excessive for that. I can't imagine Titus is crazy enough to go at Vince in front of an arena full of people and all his colleagues and been serious.

Just seems like a misunderstanding. Like something an apology and explanation couldve cured. Suspend him for Smackdown and the following Raw if you have to do something.

This seems bizarre, mainly because of who it is. Titus seems to have a pretty stellar reputation there.

Edited by justice98