Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Everything I've seen of Sullivan, I've liked for the most part

I watched a Netflix doc of him a while back

But **** the Dungeon of Doom tho lol

How the **** did Dr Robotnik Chris Benoit take his girl tho?

Jeez. I'm surprised Benoit was even interested in women. Every shoot I've seen with someone talking about him make him out to be a soulless drone.

I watched a Netflix doc of him a while back

But **** the Dungeon of Doom tho lol

How the **** did Dr Robotnik Chris Benoit take his girl tho?

Jeez. I'm surprised Benoit was even interested in women. Every shoot I've seen with someone talking about him make him out to be a soulless drone.

Sullivan booked his own divorce.

You know, if the Dungeon had been Vader, Faces of Fear, possibly Tenta as Tenta, and later The Giant....it might have been okay. Kamala, the Shark, the goddamn Zodiac....who was a freaking spy....none of that helped. And King Curtis should have stayed home.

Also, it didn't need an actual literal dungeon set for Hogan to get "lost" in.

He made no sense in The Varsity Club.

You know, Crocketts bought Florida and made Sullivan drop the devil gimmick because they were Born Again Christians. Seriously.

For those interested, New Japan Pro Wrestling has a 13 week 1-hour show on AXS TV starting this Friday at 8 (might be 9) est. They're going to see what the ratings are like and they may make it a permanent show.

I've never watched too much NJPW, but I have my DVR set to record and I may watch it live. Any competition for WWE is a good thing as it will only make the E's product that much more compelling. 

Great match last night for NJPW. The commentators were excellent. They equate stuff to US wrestling, but call all the action.

NJPW feels like an old school big boxing fight did. Totally different than the WWE atmosphere.

Last night was Okada vs. Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight Title at Wrestle Kingdom 7 in 2013. What a match. Okada is a star.

Really enjoyed it. Hope we get more NJPW in the States.

Also realized ROH airs late night here. Set the DVR and watched my first ROH show.

They're very athletic and its a wreckless style. Jay Briscoe is pretty good. You can tell he's got "it".

Del Rio err El Patron debuted on this episode with an in-ring interview.

Glad NJPW and ROH are in. Nice to have alternatives.

Is the commentary in English? I've liked the Japanese wrestling I've been exposed to (and have absolutely loved some of the stars that have come to the states). But I've never been able to get beyond the language barrier. I'm not a workrate nerd and can't get into wrestling if I don't know what the hell is going on around the match.

The idea of NJPW in English is really really really intriguing though.

Forced myself to watch raw on YouTube yesterday

1) 3 hours is wayyy too long

2) that Roman Reigns promo was awful. Why can't they let him be scary and quiet?

Was that the suffering sucatash promo or a new and better awful promo?

Apparently, the only voice they can write in is Cena's. Can you imagine if they did this in the 80s and tried to have Savage cut Hogan-style promos?

Is the commentary in English? I've liked the Japanese wrestling I've been exposed to (and have absolutely loved some of the stars that have come to the states). But I've never been able to get beyond the language barrier. I'm not a workrate nerd and can't get into wrestling if I don't know what the hell is going on around the match.

The idea of NJPW in English is really really really intriguing though.

Yes. Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett do the commentary. I don't speak Japanese and was able to follow every single move. They were awesome. 100% English commentary on AXS.

I'm going to Raw tonight. I plan to scream my head off one last time for the greats in attendance. I never thought I would be able to see DX and the NWO on Monday Night Raw like this again. I'm in the rafters so you won't see me and I won't be able to bounce around because two of my three boys are coming with me (for anyone that remembers my last Wrestling report from Texas) but you can bet you will hear me and I will do my best to have the house rocking like we did it when TNA showed up

Very excited...queue the music.....

Or will this tear down the house?

Either way with Hogan, Flair, Ron Simmons and others also attending I can not wait!

Edited by hankersonfan
  • Like 1

Well, the Ascension is officially buried. Awful mic work, bad delivery, and an ass kicking by 50-60 year olds.

The end of RAW was fun though. I won't spoil it in case some of you haven't seen. Best ending to RAW in, well... Ever.

Their mic work was AWFUL. I felt bad for them as I watching.

Their mic work was AWFUL. I felt bad for them as I watching.

I'm not entirely sure why EVERYONE has to be able to talk in the WWE. They aren't a talking gimmick. Even with the stupid LOD/Demolition gimmick. They have been portrayed as bad asses who kick ass and don't say much. Now they're simpletons who get their asses kicked.

Same thing with Reigns, though to a lesser scale. Reigns needs to talk, but not with Cena material. Let him be simple. Talk sparingly and let it carry tremendous weight when he does.

For instance, SPOILER ALERT: Last night when he was checking on Flair, why would a bad ass keep asking, "is he okay!?" in a panicked voice? Have him roll out and actually check on him, all the while turning back to Show with a look of anger and frustration on his face. The panicked thing is a Cena thing. They need to stop trying to make Reigns Cena.

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure why EVERYONE has to be able to talk in the WWE. They aren't a talking gimmick.

Because Raw is now two hours of promos, half an hour of commercials, and half an hour of wrestling. So much talking. So so so much talking.

Go to Youtube:

Dusty's Hard Times promo was 3 minutes long - and that was one of his longer deals. It would not be remembered if it was 20 minutes and hard charts and graphs and economic figures. The one I really love is where he talks about Baby Doll turning on him and going to Flair - under 2 minutes. There's a great clip combining, I think, 4 promos between Dusty and Cornette over 4 shows that is 5:30 in total.

The average Flair promo on TBS was 2 minutes long.

The Piper's Pit with Snuka lasted 4 minutes. The Frank Williams Pit lasted 2 minutes. The one where he and Valentine established that they were both heels who no longer had beef was 1:50. The one where he threatens Andre is 1:50.

That insane promo/skit where Sullivan calls the Purple Haze out of the goddamn ocean -  2 minutes.

The man could conjure a sea demon in a shorter period of time than it takes Cena to make a poopy joke.

The Austin 3:16 promo - 1 minute 46 seconds.

I think the entire Hogan Bash at the Beach post-match promo is under 6 minutes - including Mean Gene setting it up, the fans throwing insane amounts of trash, and Tony Schiavone telling Hogan to go to hell. And Hogan was really long-winded at that point in his career, and - also - it was probably the most important promo in wrestling history to that point that had to set up an angle that was going to run for the next 4 years or so.

So not going to ruin last night for anyone but let me say this.

I grew up watching wrestling in the early 80's, went to the Capital Center many times to see them live, watched WCCW and the AWA on ESPN like some of you and remember it all. Been going to wrestling live events in many different states over the past few decades, I've been to PPv's, I've been to Raws and Smackdowns in the past and WCW events.

Last night was the best night of live Wrestling I have ever been too.

Maybe it was the nostalgia, maybe it was seeing the Legends knowing I may never see them live again, maybe it was the surprises, maybe it was the ending, maybe it was the seats, maybe it was the realization that Dallas is hosting next years Wrestlemania and this was the start to the road to that Wrestlemania....whatever the hell it was that was amazing.

I'm not entirely sure why EVERYONE has to be able to talk in the WWE. They aren't a talking gimmick. Even with the stupid LOD/Demolition gimmick. They have been portrayed as bad asses who kick ass and don't say much. Now they're simpletons who get their asses kicked.

Same thing with Reigns, though to a lesser scale. Reigns needs to talk, but not with Cena material. Let him be simple. Talk sparingly and let it carry tremendous weight when he does.

For instance, SPOILER ALERT: Last night when he was checking on Flair, why would a bad ass keep asking, "is he okay!?" in a panicked voice? Have him roll out and actually check on him, all the while turning back to Show with a look of anger and frustration on his face. The panicked thing is a Cena thing. They need to stop trying to make Reigns Cena.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Stop forcing guys to be something they arent

Batista's face turn from 04-05 was ****ing brilliant and he barely spoke. He just stuck his thumb up and down

when he did speak, it was a simple"I'm gonna kick your ass!!!" When you look like a Greek god like Batista and Lesnar do, you don't need to speak

So why is Roman Reigns cutting Cena promos??!

WWE overthinks everything.

Same thing happened with Sheamus.

And I knew the Ascension guys were screwed the minute they made their gimmick a comparison of similar teams in the past

That never works