Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yet MORE Community Feedback - Avatars

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

TK - I think its a great idea, and from a newer person to the boards, the time thing would make a lot of sense. I would like to see a few more options in the lower and mid range levels. There are been alot of suggestions in other threads about possibly tying in post counts/limits and such into avatars and i think it would encourage the newbies to do things right and reward them at the same time. Kinda stinks if you are reading threads and posting they way you are supposed to and you can only pick from one avatar once you get to the next level. :2cents: And whoever suggested the older redskins like Shuler or Westbrook...that would be kinda cool too..especially at the lower levels..Id rather have that than a "waterboy".....uh...i think:)

Yes.

Guy, I'm talking about adding 7 additional levels. As it stands now, to do that, you'd burn through avavars without ever knowing you'd moved up 3 levels. Hence the need to raise the 5,000 limit.

OK, OK...I wasnt sure exactly how many levels you had in mind. Thats a lot! Sounds pretty cool.

More is better. I don't know why I only have one choice at my current level, as I seemed to have more before.

I also don't know why I can't opt to have have no avatar. I can do it, but the next time I log in it gives it back to me.

More is better. I don't know why I only have one choice at my current level, as I seemed to have more before.

Might be because Marcus Washington was the only Pro Bowler last year when the current avatars were set up. ;)

I'm all for this idea.

I think raising the ring of fame to 10,000 posts is a great idea. It will make the group much more prestigous.

And the idea of adding on additional avatars will give users more options. Huge plus.

I have no idea what my current post count is. Nor do I care.

I like the tenure idea,however if I am sitting at Xs post now, would I need to reach 10K-15K posts to move to the next level from that point ?

More curious than anything.

My fear still lies with random post padding. I may make an occasional post that may or may not be considered pointless (for example in the congrats Jumbo thread). But for the most part I believe that I try to make posts, on topic and to further the discussion of the thread.

Thanks, S&T.

I vote, Yay.

The more the merrier as far as I am concerned. 5,000 posts seems so small when you are on this site everyday, hours at a time. I would love for the ring of fame level be raised. Sure, it may take me a couple years to enter the ROF but, thats ok in my book. It will just keep me focused and interested on this board even longer.

As far as the tenure idea, I think its great. Not everybody can be on this site and post hours at a time, so why shouldn't they experience the thrill in receiving a new avatar when they have been here for a while.

I voted nay under the current conditions. If tenure were factored in I would vote yay.

It just seems to me that adding more options and levels would only encourage the spam posting, which is the only thing I don't care for on these boards. Any thread that is more than 2 pages long I rarely even bother with :2cents: .

I like the more is better idea, but I'm very much in agreement with HOF, autograph, and Orenthal Mark about 'ciphering some way to include length of time on the board in with the number of posts. I tend to read more and post only when I have something to contribute (even if I am being a smarty-pants). Reading more and posting less is actually something I wish A LOT of new posters would consider doing. :2cents:

Archived