Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yet MORE Community Feedback - Avatars

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Raising the level for posts seems counterproductive. Most of the people on here will never reach 500 posts, much less 5000 or 10,000. I'd like to be able to have some choices at the lower levels, even if we can only get some of the role players. Give me Eric Yarber, Joe Howard, Terry Orr, Robert Green or Mo Eliwonebi. Just keep Max Zendajas out of the mix.

Is anything gonna become of this thread?

11 pages, 90% want more avatars...

I think the question has been answered...

I remind you, that this thread was started by a mod, and pariciptated in by other mods. I'm pretty sure they didn't start this just to say "nevermind". Though no recent posts by them, I can assure you that even the newest opinions have been noticed. As several members have stated already on this thread, they have jobs, families, that kind of thing. Same thing for the mods only they have to also try to moderate this asylum. Then they have threads like this one, and the one currently hanging around in the Graphics Library that is dedicated to finding new sources for avatars to sift through.

The last page.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2512936#post2512936

I won't speak for them but it's probably safe to say something will happen with this thread. But it takes time to implement things. Discussions have to happen. Decicisions made. Then they have to put things into the board to make things work. This place didn't grow to be the best, ( before and after the merger), because things were rushed. Not picking on you specifically skins84, but more to several others who have demonstrated some impatience in the recent past and others who may be tempted to do so. In other words. Patience for crying out loud.

See. PCS be knowin, yo. :D

Pete & I are currently kicking something new around with a few variations on it. If/when we can get it to work, it should be pretty cool.

See. PCS be knowin, yo. :D

Pete & I are currently kicking something new around with a few variations on it. If/when we can get it to work, it should be pretty cool.

And another thing, ( was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?), let's keep in mind the general maintance that has to happen with the board on a daily basis as well as the work the fellows do behind the scenes to bring us some of the other features of the board.

Might be worth considering adding a TIME element to new avatar levels as well, as opposed to simply for number of posts. While many newer posters post like madmen for a few months and quickly reach the higher levels, we have many LONG time members who rarely post, but when they do tend to post solidly and contribute, and they never get the chance to enjoy the "cooler" avatars.
What can I say, great idea. I don't know about posting solidly and contributing but I visit every day. :applause:

You what I don't get? The people that want to be recognized because they've been here for a few years. There's a JOIN DATE directly below the avatar. :gus:

It makes NO sense to me to give people special avatars because they've been here for 4 years & have 50 posts. Guess what. If you don't post, no one will see your special avatar. D'uh.

You what I don't get? The people that want to be recognized because they've been here for a few years. There's a JOIN DATE directly below the avatar. :gus:

It makes NO sense to me to give people special avatars because they've been here for 4 years & have 50 posts. Guess what. If you don't post, no one will see your special avatar. D'uh.

There you go using logic again. What's wrong with you?

Guess what. If you don't post, no one will see your special avatar. D'uh.

That's the point of a special avatar. Then people will realise that the post is from someone who tends to keep their powder dry and doesn't chip into every thread.

It makes NO sense to me to give people special avatars because they've been here for 4 months & have 5000 posts (and every one of them is mindless garbage).

I'm all for it. By raising the post count, it really adds to the whole feeling of "eliteness" when you are rewarded with your new & improved avatar.

I think that Sean Taylor's Endzone Dive during the final game of the season (vs. Philly) should become a "Play-Maker" avatar, btw

you and om can duke that one out. :silly:

This is a good point but if u just reward post counts it certianly encourages post padding. maybe i'll go on to every thread i see and write "i agree with u" or "i don't agree with u" or just put :cheers: something like that. Is that what it takes to get a cool avaitor. doesn't exactly encourage meaningful posts. i've been here since october 2005 and hate it or love it try to post stuff that has more than that. i couple of times i found myself posting stupid stuff just to get my post count up and had to ask myself what the he*l i was doing. can u keep track of how many log ins somebody has. i doubt it but just asking.

Yes to more levels! And to more choices at those levels!

But no matter what you do, you ought to update the rookie and franchise player avatars.

I also like the idea of having avatars for fans of other teams.

And I really like the time-based multiplier idea.

Archived