Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yet MORE Community Feedback - Avatars

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think the best way which may not be able to in the software is to judge by a combination of posts and time in membership. It's silly that someone thats been here since September can be closing in on the 5000 ring of fame, while an old timer since 2001 say is a starter.

Not a bad idea, have like a base multiplier to the total posts indexed by years of membership.

As an example

up to 1 year .25

>1 <2 .50

>2 <3 .75

>3 1.00

>4 1.25

>5 1.50 etc.

So 1000*.50 = 500 post credit toward your avatar.

These are just pulled out of thin air as an example. They could be adjusted to whatever you guys think is best. It includes time as a factor though.

Might be worth considering adding a TIME element to new avatar levels as well, as opposed to simply for number of posts. While many newer posters post like madmen for a few months and quickly reach the higher levels, we have many LONG time members who rarely post, but when they do tend to post solidly and contribute, and they never get the chance to enjoy the "cooler" avatars.

Good things should also come to those who wait.

:doh:

Not sure how I missed the above 2 posts. Good idea, guys.

Not a bad idea, have like a base multiplier to the total posts indexed by years of membership.

As an example

up to 1 year .25

>1 <2 .50

>2 <3 .75

>3 1.00

So 1000*.50 = 500 post credit toward your avatar.

These are just pulled out of thin air as an example. They could be adjusted to whatever you guys think is best. It includes time as a factor though.

:applause:

Thats a good first cut. This might also cut out some of the crazy posting just to bump the avatars.

:)

Might be worth considering adding a TIME element to new avatar levels as well, as opposed to simply for number of posts. While many newer posters post like madmen for a few months and quickly reach the higher levels, we have many LONG time members who rarely post, but when they do tend to post solidly and contribute, and they never get the chance to enjoy the "cooler" avatars.

Hey since I posted this first can you add some extra time to keep my avatar up there ;)

:doh:

Not sure how I missed the above 2 posts. Good idea, guys.

I really like this idea as well, I have been reading this board for quite some time and am a loyal reader. I check it 6 or more times a day usually but I very rarely post. I am more of an information gatherer then opinion sharer but no definately no less a fan.

I like the idea...and if you made it 15K I wouldn't mind at all. Sometimes I wish I could go back to current players! Maybe you can allow ROFers to choose whichever avatar they want? :2cents:

TK -- are those avatars set in stone? Will there be more added to that list? Also, are you going to add more ROF avatars?

If they can add the time factor, you'd be right up there anyway.

If they bump it up to 10K I don't think my time in grade, so to speak, would be enough to get me there. Even so, I'd hate to stand in the way of the whole board getting access to a cool new feature so my vote in favor of it stands.

I like the years of membership counting too. Although I've only been here a few months, I read A LOT but don't post much so it'll be 5 years later and I'll probably still be Camp Fodder under the current system.

BTW...it's JON Jansen :)

Although it makes more sense to inlcude virtually all the Redskins as avatars, IMO the less avatars the better.

Having that many different lvl's just doesn't seem like such a great idea to me. Might as well just let us have a huge selection at 1,000, maybe a selection of higher profile players at 5,000 and hall of famers at 10,000.

Just my :2cents:

The time factor is a great idea, though.

TK -- are those avatars set in stone? Will there be more added to that list? Also, are you going to add more ROF avatars?

No. But they're pretty damn close considering the time invested in it. Unless Pete gets really creative. :)

Yes, they'll be more. Hence the reserved spots for guys we don't have pics of & won't have picks of, in full uni, until pre-season. I'm going to tell all of this right now. If it weren't for Tarhog, I don't think there'd be a completely suited up, full length pic of Cambell in existence.

More ROF? Dude, you've seen the scavenger hunt thread. I think you can figure out what we're up to. :)

Archived