Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yet MORE Community Feedback - Avatars

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted nay under the current conditions. If tenure were factored in I would vote yay.

It just seems to me that adding more options and levels would only encourage the spam posting, which is the only thing I don't care for on these boards.

I agree, more options will lead to diarrhea of the keyboard for some posters.

Can I just have something other than Lavar Arrington as the Franchise Player?

I remember ****ing about this during the season as well. He hasn't been the franchise player for at least 2-3 seasons.

Now he isn't even on the team.

How about Portis, Washington, or Jansen? I'd prefer Jimoh as the franchise player to Lavar at this point actually. :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
Might be worth considering adding a TIME element to new avatar levels as well, as opposed to simply for number of posts. While many newer posters post like madmen for a few months and quickly reach the higher levels, we have many LONG time members who rarely post, but when they do tend to post solidly and contribute, and they never get the chance to enjoy the "cooler" avatars.

Good things should also come to those who wait.

:doh:

Not sure how I missed the above 2 posts. Good idea, guys.

I like this idea personally, as a member who doesn't post just to get numbers. Adding time would be a great idea if it could be worked out to be fair to everyone.

And adding the time element may cut down on the number of posts that are made just to increase numbers and really don't say anything. Then again... it may not.

:2cents:

My :2cents: :

I voted yay to the new system because more choices at each or certain levels will be a pleasent change. Also, the # of posts to get into the ROF raising is also a good plan because it make it that much more of an elite group.

I also believe that time should also be a factor in consideration to the Ring of Fame because then the posters that "lurk" and further the dicussion are the posters that I look forward to. These posters are well informed and bring something to the discussion 99.9% of the time they post. Therefore, it should be to the mods discretion who is placed in the ROF without reaching the 10,000, 15,000, etc. post count.

Also, for those posters that bring the special something to the table each and every time they post, there should be a special avatar for those posters (like Andyman).

Finally, the abilty to create your own avatar once you reach the ROF should be a given because that is an elite group and each member of that elite group should have their own unique avatar.

Once again just my :2cents:

I don't care about how many posts anyone has either, but I see people in her with 42, 20, 15 thousand post in less than 3 yrs. No offense to any of my fellow redskin fans, but how in the world do you post that much? do you ever come out of the house? Mind boggling. I love me skins too, but WOW

How about more than 1 choice For all levels

At what level can we use our own avatar?

I don't know about others but I have a Full time job 6 days a week

& I don't spend all night on this board, so 5000 posts would

take 10 years to accumulate.

Where's the Mark Moseley avatar?

Also when I joined I didn't like either of the cheerleader avatars

so I selected No avatar,but everytime I logged on An avatar was

selected for me,Could this be a glitch in system?

its called inflation and it is unstoppable. if takes more frequent flyer miles to get a free flight, why shouldn;t it take more posts to get to the ring of fame?

Thats a great point.

Archived