Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yet MORE Community Feedback - Avatars

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No. But they're pretty damn close considering the time invested in it. Unless Pete gets really creative. :)

Yes, they'll be more. Hence the reserved spots for guys we don't have pics of & won't have picks of, in full uni, until pre-season. I'm going to tell all of this right now. If it weren't for Tarhog, I don't think there'd be a completely suited up, full length pic of Cambell in existence.

More ROF? Dude, you've seen the scavenger hunt thread. I think you can figure out what we're up to. :)

I think we have a few that may fit the bill for the ROF ;) :laugh: Check the graphics thread :D

I'm kind of torn. I'd like to have the cool new avatars but d@mn, I'm soooo close to hitting 5K.

Okay,:kickcan: I'll take one for the team. I'll vote yes.

i'm torn too.

i like the idea of variety, but...........well, i guess all i got is i'm a creature of habit and change sometimes worries me.

i don't know. right now, i'll abstain from voting and let the chips fall where they may. if i formulate an opinion, i'll come back and vote.

Of course, by the very nature of this poll... where 99% of the membership does NOT have 5000+ posts... the results are going to be skewed.

My 2 cents... for what it's worth - When I originally set up the system... it was an incentive-based system to get people to post when the community first started. But it was also a way to recognize people who contributed to the community...

At this point in the process.... getting people to post isn't problematic. The incentive now is to get people to "register"... and additionally to recognize tenure. Therefore, the avatars should reflect how long a person has been a member of the community...

This will completely discourage any incentive for post-padding... and still accomplish something meaningful with the avatar system.

Guest santana4prez
im one of the youngest here, i have plenty of time to get in the ring of fame :)

I was thinking the same thing.:laugh:

I'll admit, I was giddy my first day with 5000 posts. After awhile I realized that there weren't going to be any new avatars, no new levels, just a higher post count everytime I came here to give my 2 cents. I'd support upping the ROF to 10,000 because it'd be fun getting there. 10,000. 100,000. It's all good to me. I'm going to give my opinion regardless.

The incentive now is to get people to "register"... and additionally to recognize tenure. Therefore, the avatars should reflect how long a person has been a member of the community...

I agree emphatically. It should be by duration on the board (although there could be a minimum post count for folks who joined 3 years ago but never appear). Or, you could disable accounts after so many months of inactivity.

I think its a great idea + as some others have said, that you can choose any past avatar that you've already achieved...cuz some of those new avatars of like Sellers, Cartright and the Field Goal Unit are just plain awesome. I'd love to just randomly pick those ones sometimes just cuz they are cool. That, along with the time incentive seems like the best plan to me.

I think it'd be a good idea to have the player's names right under where it says, "the veteran or the starter" too, it looked like that's what you were doin anyway though.

That's not Ramsey, that jersey is way too old school.

Actually I think it is Ramsey. If you look carefully at the pic you can see underneath his feet where it still faintly says "The Rookie"...unless they were passing off an old pic of Rypien as Ramsey. :)

I think it would be a good idea that once you get to a certain level, if you want to make your own avatar you can... as long as it's team related.

I like that idea... as long as it's a Redskin player or team member, right? It's that what you meant?

CarrollsMine99.

EDIT: P. S.: 100 posts in just under three weeks! I'm moving up! This board is addictive, and I don't know why! :)

CarrollsMine99.

Archived