Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Update: Mom is out of surgery, very groggy and tired, but otherwise doing OK. Unfortunately, they didn't remove the lump, so she's pretty bummed about that. They removed 12-15 lymph nodes, and are opting to do chemotherapy before removing the lump.

The news was not as good as we had hoped for. But fortunately, it's also not as bad as it could be.

Hopefully it will all end up being smoother than expected.

Good luck to your mom.

I'm going to win best Grandson/Nephew of the year award for my father's day gift this year...

Van Winkle Special Reserve

12 years old - 45.2% abv (90.4 proof)

riplotb.jpg

Van Winkle Special Reserve is the perfect combination of age and proof. This sweet, full bodied whiskey has been described by some as "nectar." We agree! The 12 years of aging and medium proof of 45,2 apy (90.4 proof) seem to be just right in creating a very pleasant drink of whiskey. This fine whiskey can compete with any excellent cognac as an after dinner drink. The overall impression is rich and deep.

The 12 Year Old Special Reserve was recognized with the "Trophy for Worldwide Whisky" and a Best-In-Class Gold Medallion in the International Wine and Spirit Competition for 2008. Click here for details of the award.

"Well crafted,... elegant, stately... balanced beautifully,"

-- Paul Pacult's SPIRIT JOURNAL

Rated 98 --

Beverage Tasting Institute

---------

I emailed a bunch of different stores in the area and happened to get the very last bottle available of any Van Winkle available in Montgomery County. It is UNBELIEVABLY hard to find. :D

Hope your mother makes a full recovery, HH :cheers:

What does that run a bottle, BLTO? The description sounds fanastic!!

I got it for $35, but most of the places in DC were telling me upwards of $50+ for the 12 year.

the 20 year is around $100, and the 23 year is $200.

I had the 20 year for my 21st birthday at a Bourbon bar in DC and it was amazing. The bartender said it was the 2nd best bourbon they offered, the number 1 being the 23 year old. It was 35 bucks a glass and worth every penny :ols:

An alcoholic finds an old battered tarnished but classic "genie" lamp in a dumpster behind a second hand store. He starts rubbing it to see if it's real brass so he might be able to hock it for a buck.

Sure as ****, it starts humming and vibrating, and out comes a cloud of purplish smoke, smelling like figs and incense, and your standard garden-variety genie appears, outfit and all.

The genie says "Well....it's been awhile...but you probably know the drill...you get three wishes, whatever you want. Let's have 'em."

The alky figures he going through DT's or is having a reaction to the Sterno he drank for breakfast or something, but decides to go with it and thinks of a wish. Looking at the back door of the tavern across the alley, he says to the genie: "Ok...I want a long-neck bottle of Bud, ice-cold, that will never break, never get warm, and never go empty no matter how much I drink out of it."

The genie says "Ok, that's one" and with a poof the bottle appears in the alky's hand. He feels its frosty chill and guzzles deeply. With a ****-eating grin, he sees that the bottle is indeed still full right to the top. He stands there thunderstruck with his amazingly good fortune.

The genie looks at him and says "Ok, let's get on with it. What's it going to be for the other wishes? Money? Women? Power and fame? Special abilities?"

The alky holds up the bottle and says "give me two more of these."

:pfft:

Lol I hope you didn't steal that one off of the interwebz Jumbo, that was a good one.

Nah, I've had that one even before there was an interweb and had just told it to a group of CD counselors I was addressing...and i'm proud to say that aside of the basic premise and punch-line, I had to craft the filler. :D

Archived