Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Am out of touch with my generation. Never heard of "all my ****es love me" but the girls at the hookah bar sure did love it. Actually kinda catchy and I've been awake for 24 hours Must be the energy drinks.

:ols: That's the only place that line will work, anywhere else and you'll need an icepack for your nuts.

And I know you just didn't compare Nascar to soccer. Nascar venues regularly draw 100,000-200,000 fans, weekly. They get great ratings

:ols: I cant believe you find NASCAR more interesting than soccer. Rednecks in a car, going in circles, pit stop to change your tires, gas, etc, go back to more circles...how in the **** is that exciting? I can see the same thing if I sit out on my balcony and watch the traffic. :pfft:

I agree, soccer can be boring as hell, but to say that NASCAR isnt boring too? Cmon dude...cmon.

I NEVER watch Christams themed movies in the spring/summertime, but hey, I guess thats just me.

Well, we have it obviously on VHS so I didn't watch it and I only watched the very end of Hocus Pocus. Today has and will be:

Ghana vs. Serbia

Germany vs. Australia

Strasburg's second start

NBA Finals, Game 5

Soccer >>>> Stock Car Racing (or even F1); and I don't even LIKE soccer.

"Wow, they're taking a left turn and the cars are going really, really fast...for hours on end...oooooooooh."

Soccer may be frustrating and tedious, but when something happens, it might be the most heart racing experience in sport, especially if you've got a horse in the race.

Furthermore, I have a tough time believing NASCAR ratings are that high in this country. I can't imagine it'd come close to the NFL. Maybe in certain areas of the nation, but not in the country as a whole.

:ols: I cant believe you find NASCAR more interesting than soccer. Rednecks in a car, going in circles, pit stop to change your tires, gas, etc, go back to more circles...how in the **** is that exciting? I can see the same thing if I sit out on my balcony and watch the traffic. :pfft:

I agree, soccer can be boring as hell, but to say that NASCAR isnt boring too? Cmon dude...cmon.

Way to stereotype, man. Because a guy races he's automatically a redneck? And just from the reponses above, its clear that you have no clue about Nascar.

Bubble Screen - The English Premier League ANNIHILATES every other sporting league in viewership and attendance percentages around the world by staggering amounts.

Great, man. But like I said, no one in "this country" gives a rat's azz about the sport.

Soccer >>>> Stock Car Racing (or even F1); and I don't even LIKE soccer.

"Wow, they're taking a left turn and the cars are going really, really fast...for hours on end...oooooooooh."

Soccer may be frustrating and tedious, but when something happens, it might be the most heart racing experience in sport, especially if you've got a horse in the race.

Furthermore, I have a tough time believing NASCAR ratings are that high in this country. I can't imagine it'd come close to the NFL. Maybe in certain areas of the nation, but not in the country as a whole.

blue, You're smarter than this, bro. You live in the south. You of all people should know how much this sport means to this area. It got its start here. And as with BLTO, you don't have a clue about the sport, just by reading your comments. And if you would like me to post the ratings of Nascar compared to soccer, I will. But it shouldn't be necessary. And im not just talking about comparing the race today at Michigan to the World Cup. That's not a fair comparison (although Nascar ratings today were probably better). I'm talking about pro soccer vs Nascar. Or comparing random soccer games on ESPN to a race that week, etc. The ratings aren't even close.

And I never said anything about Nascar ratings being better than the NFL. Not sure where you get that.

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't mean a lot to the south. Trust me, after living here for the past 7 years, I KNOW the south east LOVES NASCAR.

The country as a whole? No way.

And though you didn't say it was better/equal to the NFL, you did mention it was right up there with it.

Here's the thing about NASCAR. It's the most popular (or second most popular) sport in a portion of a nation. Soccer is the most popular sport IN THE WORLD.

Millions love NASCAR. Billions are fanatical about soccer. Riots and wars have started because of it. Hell, governments have toppled because of it. It never caught on here, but we can't marginalize it's popularity or impact on the rest of the world; or its growing popularity in the United States.

The United States love gridiron football, baseball, basketball, and yes, hockey; but elsewhere in the world, whole societies revolve around soccer. It is the end all, be all sport in the world and there's no disputing that.

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't mean a lot to the south. Trust me, after living here for the past 7 years, I KNOW the south east LOVES NASCAR.

The country as a whole? No way.

And though you didn't say it was better/equal to the NFL, you did mention it was right up there with it.

Here's the thing about NASCAR. It's the most popular (or second most popular) sport in a portion of a nation. Soccer is the most popular sport IN THE WORLD.

Millions love NASCAR. Billions are fanatical about soccer. Riots and wars have started because of it. Hell, governments have toppled because of it. It never caught on here, but we can't marginalize it's popularity or impact on the rest of the world; or its growing popularity in the United States.

The United States love gridiron football, baseball, basketball, and yes, hockey; but elsewhere in the world, whole societies revolve around soccer. It is the end all, be all sport in the world and there's no disputing that.

The country as a whole DOES love it! That's why there are now racetracks spread all throughout the country, and not just in the south. And people are watching from all over the country. And fans that go to the races are from all parts of the country. Nascar, is without question, way more popular in the US than soccer. That isn't even a question.

And I didn't say it was up there with the NFL. I said it probably got the second highest ratings of any sport. And, without looking it up, im sure that's true.

And you keep bringing up that soccer is popular across the world. I'm not disputing that. But you and I live in the US. So your argument doesn't hold water.

Anyway, we should probably take this to PMs. I'm sure everyone else doesn't really care for this debate.

Mom goes in for surgery tomorrow...well, possibly. They're going to check her sentinel node first. If it tests positive for cancer, they'll stop and do her first round of chemo. If it is negative, she'll have a lumpectomy, and begin chemo once she recovers from the surgery.

Any prayers or good thoughts you might like to send her way would be most appreciated. I must say though, she's got an excellent attitude about the whole thing; and she has a great network of friends and family around her for support. As one of her closest friends, herself an 11-year breast cancer survivor told her, "this is just another bump in the road."

Archived