Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Tired of this notion that only men can do play by play for games...when a woman does it it's sacrilegious and horrible. "PAM WARD SUCKS GET HER OFF THE AIR BECAUSE OF HER GENDER

GET A MAN ON"

**** that, Pam Ward is a great ESPN broadcaster

Amazing how rampant sexism is in society, there really is no reason why a woman cannot call a professional sports game in MLB / NCAA / NFL / NBA / NHL

Yeah, my friend in law school says the Cuban girls around that area are pretty easy on the eyes. I've visited the campus, but it was in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday, right before finals week, so there wasn't too much going on.

I'm really hoping to get in there, but we'll see.

Good luck :cheers:

Wow...TJ Yates is still there :ols:

He's okay

Yates doesn't really count. He might be the worst QB in the ACC.

TGI Fridays style mozzarella sticks plus cinnabon pretzel, banana muffin and coffee this morning = WIN, and possible headache later today lol.

I bussed tables at a Fridays for an entire summer once. Most miserable job I've ever had. The only good thing about that job was the really cute hostesses, who were also all really nice. Every single other thing about that job totally sucked.

Just ordered my first set of business cards. I'm legit!

Talking about business cards reminds me of the scene from American Psycho:

"It even has a water mark!"

Good luck :cheers:

Thanks. I'll have my final application work in by the end of the month, so I should hear from FIU by the middle of July. I love South Florida, I'd be really excited to move down there for school if I get in. I'm not much of a hunting/camping kind of guy, so North Florida's not really my thing, and Central Florida is just awful.

I'm getting ready to buy my first new car next month, can't wait!!!! :)

I might be in the market as well (although hopefully not).

I left my car yesterday at this local auto shop my family always uses, so they could give it a little check-up on some things, rotate the tires, etc., just real basic stuff.

The police call my house at 4:30 AM last night to tell us that a small tree fell on top of my car, breaking the sunroof and severely denting the roof and hood panels.

It's fixable, but it'll probably cost a couple grand, and it's a 97 Maxima with about 90,000 miles on it, so the insurance company might decide it's totaled and tell me to write it off.

Which would then leave me in a bind because a new used car would cost a lot more than the couple grand I'd probably get from insurance. Even though it's the auto shops fault, since they didn't park my car where they were supposed to (which would be in or near their garage, instead they decided to park it off to the side by itself under an old tree overnight).

So either the insurance company is going to give me a check to cover it getting fixed, the auto shop will eat the cost of fixing it and get it done for me, or my family is going to sue the auto shop into paying to fix my car, since this is their fault.

^ I hate stuff like that. Back in the winter when we were getting apocalypsed by snow storms, some high school kids thought it would be funny to throw frozen snowballs, but one brat missed his target and cracked my back window. I didn't see them do it because I was at a friends house, but when I came back, my neighbor told me that they did it.

It wasn't bad enough to cause real damage, but it was noticeable enough for a State Trooper to pull me over and order me to have it fixed. I couldn't find a replacable window at any junkyard because it was so rare and out of date, so I had to pay 600$ for that POS. That's why I'm getting my own apartment soon, so I don't have to deal with freaking kids playing outside their front doors.

It's fixable, but it'll probably cost a couple grand, and it's a 97 Maxima with about 90,000 miles on it, so the insurance company might decide it's totaled and tell me to write it off.

So either the insurance company is going to give me a check to cover it getting fixed, the auto shop will eat the cost of fixing it and get it done for me, or my family is going to sue the auto shop into paying to fix my car, since this is their fault.

Buddy of mine bought a new used car and was rear-ended. He owed 3k on it they gave him 5 k for it. It was enough to fix the truck and buy it back from the salvage company. Win-win. He now has no payments and the truck is just fine.

I don't understand how you can go that long fasting. I couldn't make that, no way. I'm eating almost all the time (and surprisingly I'm still kind of thin).

Hunger is all in the head. :) It takes a good amount of mental toughness, patience, and the ability to resist temptations.

Hunger is all in the head. :) It takes a good amount of mental toughness, patience, and the ability to resist temptations.

Can you start a fast in January until the Cowboys win another Superbowl ?

How about until the Mavericks win a ring ? You can start that one in May.

:silly:

Buddy of mine bought a new used car and was rear-ended. He owed 3k on it they gave him 5 k for it. It was enough to fix the truck and buy it back from the salvage company. Win-win. He now has no payments and the truck is just fine.

That would be really nice. Problem is, my car's a 97 model and it has about 95,000 miles on it (a lot of driving between Florida and DC)...if it were a newer model with less miles, I might get more money to cover it, but with things as they are, getting about 1500 to 2000 dollars would be my guess.

The strange thing is that exactly 7 years ago, give or take a week, my older brother's car was parked in front of our house in DC and a huge branch from a tree fell from our neighbor's property onto his car during a storm in the middle of the night. It was totaled and the insurance money helped pay for the car I'm driving now.

It's basically going to come down to whether or not the owner of the auto shop (who's this rich land developer in my area) is going to pay the difference between what insurance actually offers and what it's going to cost to fix it.

When you fasted did you stop eating completely or just one a meal a day, how did you fast? I do ramadan for fun and after the first couple of days it gets a lot easier.

When you fasted did you stop eating completely or just one a meal a day, how did you fast? I do ramadan for fun and after the first couple of days it gets a lot easier.

It was no food for seven full days. And yes, after the first few days it does tend to get easier. That is unless of course you have friends who are putting delicious food in your face and trying to entice you with it.

Any of you guys or gals in this clip?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRCVm-1r2k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRCVm-1r2k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Just go ahead and freeze me in cyrogenics now until September.

Nothing to do until then.

Without hockey the only thing even remotely close to entertainment is football...well I guess you can dethaw me for preseason football. You know no one loves that useless crap more than me :)

Archived