Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Did you take the GRE as an undergraduate

Without a GRE and 3.0+ GPA most colleges just ignore your application

I'm acting like an old dude and watching 60 minutes right now. I have the Dodgers game on the radio. I just realized today Glaus was on the Braves.

GRE is only accepted by some business programs, so I'm taking the GMAT in a couple weeks. FIU requires a minimum of a 500 on the GMAT, but since my undergrad GPA is only about a 2.8, the woman who heads up their MBA admissions department told me I need to score around a 600 on the GMAT to compensate.

A 600 with my math skills will be pretty tough to pull off.

I need to somehow sneak SonOfWashington into the test center with me.

Speaking of girls dressing up like video game characters, I realized that a girl I'm decent friends with is a near clone of that "Bayonetta" chick.
:needpics: for proof.

Ruby or Olivia? :whoknows:

:idea:

BOTH! :ladiesman

:pimp:

FIU eh? I thought I saw you post about going there once before but I couldn't remember if that really was the case.

A good buddy of mine just finished his first year of law school there, and it's my #1 school for my MBA. I really like their full-time MBA program and everyone I've dealt with in their business department so far has been extremely helpful. I'm trying to get in for the fall but I'm not sure I'll make the cut this go around.

How do you like it?

I really love the school and the students there. On Saturdays, most of the classes we have are the PMBA classes. I've gotten to know quite a few of the students and they really enjoy the program and their professors. Plus, the Spanish girls down here cannot be beat :drool:

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

Food is good.

You'll also be pleased to know that Richt isn't on the hot seat...yet :paranoid:

Man I have been looking up SEC and Big 10 predictions (no ACC predictions, apparently ACC football is irrelevant) on Google and I am getting very excited about college football.

There are still 3 months to go but man...I can't wait till the first game of the season. I don't care if it's cupcakes being beat up by big boys, it's still football.

Georgia predicted 7-5 :ols:

A funny thing was how people keep picking Oklahoma. Oklahoma can **** off. Seriously. Nebraska will win the Big 12, and you can take that to the bank

Watch out for young and talented Bo Pelini team

You'll also be pleased to know that Richt isn't on the hot seat...yet :paranoid:

Man I have been looking up SEC and Big 10 predictions (no ACC predictions, apparently ACC football is irrelevant) on Google and I am getting very excited about college football.

There are still 3 months to go but man...I can't wait till the first game of the season. I don't care if it's cupcakes being beat up by big boys, it's still football.

Georgia predicted 7-5 :ols:

A funny thing was how people keep picking Oklahoma. Oklahoma can **** off. Seriously. Nebraska will win the Big 12, and you can take that to the bank

Watch out for young and talented Bo Pelini team

Richt is the best. I hope he stays there forever. He's like a mediocre version of Bobby Bowden, except he can't get the sick recruits from Florida like Bobby did in the 80s/90s. So in other words, Richt's a really nice guy who keeps Georgia stable and the boosters mildly content, but they're just a good program, not really a threatening program. It's not at all like having to deal with UF or Alabama.

You're really sleeping on Oklahoma. Landry Jones basically played the entire season and put up very solid numbers for his first season starting, their defense was top 5 last year (but will probably drop to top 10-15 after losing McCoy and a couple other guys, but top 15 still isn't bad), and they won't be shuffling their o-line around all the time. Last season the only consistent OL they had was Williams.

I'll say this- FSU goes to Norman in Week 2, and I'm not looking forward to that game at all. I think OU will knock FSU around.

Nebraska may be solid this year but while Oklahoma lost McCoy, Nebraska lost Suh, and Oklahoma will be getting their offense back to usual strength. Nebraska has to prove they actually have a real offense. And of course Texas will be involved somehow.

As for the Big 10, I think Ohio State will come out on top. Pryor will probably be a top Heisman candidate, not necessarily because he's that good, but because Ohio State will have a great season and Pryor will be able to make some signature plays with his athleticism. I think Wisconsin will have a good year as well.

For the SEC I have to go with Alabama. Saban's the best coach in college football today, and while Bama lost some pieces, UF lost even bigger ones, and Bama's offense should be even more consistent next year.

I don't really care too much about the Pac-10 but I'd guess that USC, Stanford, and Oregon will all be in the mix.

And I don't think I could care less about the Big East right now. I've heard good things about Pitt and how they're shaping up though.

Pretty solid predictions.

As for ACC, North Carolina I've said it before is the team to watch, I hear they have done well recruiting on Defense and I really like what Butch Davis has done in Chapel Hill. Miami is also looming in the mix, Jacory is insane, VT, and FSU.

By the way...Clemson's quarterback Kyle Parker? He got drafted today in the MLB draft, so if he signs with them Clemson needs to find a new QB. And without Spiller...ouch....lol

I think those 4 teams are going to make the ACC a little interesting, as you said before, that conference is wide open. There might be a few underdogs too that I'm not giving credit or ignoring, such as GT and BC ;)

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

Food is good.

I don't understand how you can go that long fasting. I couldn't make that, no way. I'm eating almost all the time (and surprisingly I'm still kind of thin).

I really love the school and the students there. On Saturdays, most of the classes we have are the PMBA classes. I've gotten to know quite a few of the students and they really enjoy the program and their professors. Plus, the Spanish girls down here cannot be beat :drool:

Yeah, my friend in law school says the Cuban girls around that area are pretty easy on the eyes. I've visited the campus, but it was in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday, right before finals week, so there wasn't too much going on.

I'm really hoping to get in there, but we'll see.

Pretty solid predictions.

As for ACC, North Carolina I've said it before is the team to watch, I hear they have done well recruiting on Defense and I really like what Butch Davis has done in Chapel Hill. Miami is also looming in the mix, Jacory is insane, VT, and FSU.

By the way...Clemson's quarterback Kyle Parker? He got drafted today in the MLB draft, so if he signs with them Clemson needs to find a new QB. And without Spiller...ouch....lol

I think those 4 teams are going to make the ACC a little interesting, as you said before, that conference is wide open. There might be a few underdogs too that I'm not giving credit or ignoring, such as GT and BC ;)

Jacory isn't that great. He has to stop being such a turnover machine.

I think UNC's going to be very good. SkinsHokieFan hates on Butch Davis and tends to disagree, but we'll see. UNC doesn't have a QB though.

Clemson's been expecting Parker to get drafted for awhile now. They have Tajh Boyd behind him, who was somewhat of a highly touted 4 star QB prospect in the 2009 class, but most reports say that Boyd's been awful with learning the playbook so far, and he looked like crap in their spring game. Parker's due something like 1 million guaranteed if he signs in August and most people think he will, since he really loves baseball. In turn, Clemson with Boyd instead of Parker means they'll likely lose an extra 2-3 games this year. Which is fine with me. I ****ing hate Clemson.

Clemson's also having issues getting their defensive players to go to voluntary workouts, and their 1st sub DT, Jamie Cumbie, was just dismissed from the team after nearly beating a random kid to death in the middle of the road at 2 in the morning.

So yeah, Clemson's in kind of a messy situation.

I don't understand how you can go that long fasting. I couldn't make that, no way. I'm eating almost all the time (and surprisingly I'm still kind of thin).

Yeah, my friend in law school says the Cuban girls around that area are pretty easy on the eyes. I've visited the campus, but it was in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday, right before finals week, so there wasn't too much going on.

I'm really hoping to get in there, but we'll see.

Jacory isn't that great. He has to stop being such a turnover machine.

I think UNC's going to be very good. SkinsHokieFan hates on Butch Davis and tends to disagree, but we'll see. UNC doesn't have a QB though.

Clemson's been expecting Parker to get drafted for awhile now. They have Tajh Boyd behind him, who was somewhat of a highly touted 4 star QB prospect in the 2009 class, but most reports say that Boyd's been awful with learning the playbook so far, and he looked like crap in their spring game. Parker's due something like 1 million guaranteed if he signs in August and most people think he will, since he really loves baseball. In turn, Clemson with Boyd instead of Parker means they'll likely lose an extra 2-3 games this year. Which is fine with me. I ****ing hate Clemson.

Clemson's also having issues getting their defensive players to go to voluntary workouts, and their 1st sub DT, Jamie Cumbie, was just dismissed from the team after nearly beating a random kid to death in the middle of the road at 2 in the morning.

So yeah, Clemson's in kind of a messy situation.

Wow...TJ Yates is still there :ols:

He's okay

Archived