Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't even like bringing my cell phone in, let alone cords that might get caught on something.  Headphones is like a universal way if saying "please don't talk to me", even as an introvert I try to leave the door open more, you never know.

I never have conversations with people while in the middle of exercising, nor would I try to initiate conversation with somebody in the middle of something. It's all in good nature, though. Just pointing out that a lot of people use earplugs nowadays, and in my case, it's to save me from the "Pop 100" station that most gyms are always on.

11 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No way Spiff.........He is great as Richard.  The Verizon commercials suck though.

Well than Richard sucks as a character cause I've never laughed once at anything he's done.  They should just give Dinesh and Gilfoyle their own spinoff and let Richard go deal with his anxiety somewhere else.  

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I put up with it because it works when I need it to. My perspective was never the same after switching to boost to save money and not getting signal in my own apartment.

I don't know if you can still do this, but I bought my first Verizon phone on eBay and they activated without a contract, which is pretty cool (been like 6-7 years now).

But the horror stories are true, ive seen family members bill that looked like a mortgage because they went the contract route.

They don't do contracts anymore, so you can buy a phone and pay an activation fee (iirc).  They just do the monthly leasing for 2 years, which sucks people in. 

Last contract I had with them was when they were partnered up with Costco and ran a special where you got the Galaxy S5 for like $60 or $70 if you bought a one year membership to Costco and committed to a 2 year contract with Verizon.  I remember my wife said the membership was something like $20.  And through the membership they gave you all these coupons for free food, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.  And after you used all the coupons for the free stuff, it pretty much broke even on the cost and you got the phone for almost free.  

What sucked is right after that they stopped with the contracts.  I  had my S5 for 2 1/2 years and then it  got fubar'd during one of those system updates where  android was  putting it into rebooting loops, could never get the thing to charge again and start up.  Went to Verizon, rushed everything and got the iPhone 7plus.  The only thing they offer is the upgrade to new phones after paying off half of the total price (which was full price for me - no trade in).  So you can either wait one year of payments (payment plan is set up for 2 years) or at anytime pay the difference to get you to the phone being half paid off.  

But when you upgrade, the new phone payments start over, for another 2 years.  It's such a ****ing trap.  I thought I could "upgrade" to the cheapest **** phone they had and pay it off.  I was thinking, ok, I'll pay the $350 (half of the iPhone total price - not exact numbers), get some ****ty flip phone for like $80, pay it off.  Then buy another S5 or S6 cheap and activate it and be done with them.  Cheapest phone allowed in the upgrades was something like $300-$350, which basically meant I might as well just keep the iPhone 7.  

It's almost paid off, few more months.  Then I'm out.  **** Verizon.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I never have conversations with people while in the middle of exercising, nor would I try to initiate conversation with somebody in the middle of something. It's all in good nature, though. Just pointing out that a lot of people use earplugs nowadays, and in my case, it's to save me from the "Pop 100" station that most gyms are always on.

Fair, and I believe most people, myself included, know better then start talking to people while they are actively pumping iron.  I joke with front clerk lady sometimes, but really it's a habit of wanting to be aware of my surroundings (hearing is a big part of that).  As for what's played, I can pretty easily tune that out, even play songs I have stuck in my head instead.  

Few things irk me more them someone hogging a machine to text as much as use it, so don't want to be that guy, either.  People I start to recognize and recognize me I give the head nod to, people I notice have been working out at same gym together few years heard just takin second to catch up.  It's hard to explain as its not meant to be a social setting.

@Dont Taze Me Bro I had a similar experience with tmobile, they all try to trap you I to something you don't want and have you in a bad spot if the phone is damaged.  I think Blu phones are genius, until something bad happens to it.  It's a systemic problem by insisting to keep the devices with glass to help make sure they break.  End if the day I need the 4g working as I work remote and some places block my VPN so have to us mobile hotspot. I look forward to paying off my Note 9 like I did my Note 4, though wish these phones were meant to last longer, going to another carrier won't change that

30 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fair, and I believe most people, myself included, know better then start talking to people while they are actively pumping iron.  I joke with front clerk lady sometimes, but really it's a habit of wanting to be aware of my surroundings (hearing is a big part of that).  As for what's played, I can pretty easily tune that out, even play songs I have stuck in my head instead.  

Few things irk me more them someone hogging a machine to text as much as use it, so don't want to be that guy, either.  People I start to recognize and recognize me I give the head nod to, people I notice have been working out at same gym together few years heard just takin second to catch up.  It's hard to explain as its not meant to be a social setting.

Yeah largely the same here. I talk to the front desk people all the time. I'll talk a bit to people in between stations for a few minutes here and there (if they're not the headphones on at all times types, which I view as potentially dangerous, though the Planet Fitness I now go to has a loud ass siren and strobe lights). Ill talk in the locker room.

I just view the gym as hallowed ground, where you can sort of shut the whole world off and get it in for an hour or so.

Been going to gyms since I was old enough to and I've always seen people go in there and be nonstop chatterboxes, crowding near unused equipment, wasting their own money. Most of the time its people who look like they should probably be exercising instead of talking so much.

I just try to have a few iron clad rules when I go, other than that it's all good.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Or a suicide bomber

Or just plainly a sociopath.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't even like bringing my cell phone in, let alone cords that might get caught on something.  Headphones is like a universal way if saying "please don't talk to me", even as an introvert I try to leave the door open more, you never know.

They make Bluetooth headphones, luddite. ?

Wait...you leave your cell in the car? You asking to get it broken in to?

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

See. Sociopath. ?

17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

They make Bluetooth headphones, luddite. ?

Wait...you leave your cell in the car? You asking to get it broken in to?

I'm always worried it's going to fall off or I'm going to lose it, Bluetooth makes that easier because they aren't attached to anything.  Those apple buds that are floating around, no thanks, last thing I want to think about is them falling out mid push : )

Cell goes in the middle compartment, it's not sitting on the dash with a "please steal me" sign.  I did the same thing with my wallet, walk in with my keys and whatever I'm drinking a that's it (also so so I don't have to worry about it falling out or losing it).

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Bluetooth headphones? It's 2019 in 3 months.

32 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Some will scoff but being able to workout with near your weight on the bench is encouraging (to me, someone who's been lazy almost their entire adult life).

Less so for you pencil thin dorks. ?Another 10-15 to go though. I'll keep adding the 2.5 lb baby plates..I has no shame.

Nice, TEG! Keep pushin' bro.   

Didn't ES used to have a weightlifting emoji??

30 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Bluetooth headphones? It's 2019 in 3 months.

Im tired of losing them or them falling off.

40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Some will scoff but being able to workout with near your weight on the bench is encouraging (to me, someone who's been lazy almost their entire adult life).

Less so for you pencil thin dorks. ?Another 10-15 to go though. I'll keep adding the 2.5 lb baby plates..I has no shame.

Used to add small plates too before I put them in storage.  No spotter at home, I don't want to die like that.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I don’t go to the gym to socialize so of course I had my headphones on. I go to creep on women and lift heavy. 

Socialization shouldn't be the goal, ive already stated that.  Creep on women sounds creepy, sure that's not what you meant, when a simply "hi" works just fine.  I get a lot of smiles pretty much everywhere I go, so being single, yea, I leave the door open because you never know.

Just now, abdcskins said:

What the hell was that presidential alert I just got to my phone? Trump can read all my texts now? I guess I should move that kilo of cocaine out of my bedroom closet.

Lol, there was article stating he couldn't legally use it for political means, like his Twitter attacks.  It's a way for head of state to get direct message to all of us in event its necessary.  It's same technological concept with weather alert system and amber alert system.

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

What the hell was that presidential alert I just got to my phone? Trump can read all my texts now? I guess I should move that kilo of cocaine out of my bedroom closet.

time to order some Iodide tablets. 

What else necessitates a national alert system. Even a declaration of war doesn't necesitate that.

45 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Im tired of losing them or them falling off.

Used to add small plates too before I put them in storage.  No spotter at home, I don't want to die like that.

I have over the ear ones, not those ****ty, overprised "ear buds"

5 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I have over the ear ones, not those ****ty, overprised "ear buds"

I actually have a pair like most that come over the top of the head, but they don't leave the house.  I really just don't feel like allocating the patience or resources to it, I'm good in that : )

Archived