Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I walked face first into a spider web so thick it pulled the branches down a bit before it snapped (and stuck to my face).  I didn’t realize spiders in NoVA could do that.  Of course I Immediately feared that whatever monster made such a web might have been deposited somewhere on my person and busted out the old “oh my god is it on me” dance in the predawn gloom.  Good times.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I walked face first into a spider web so thick it pulled the branches down a bit before it snapped (and stuck to my face).  I didn’t realize spiders in NoVA could do that.  Of course I Immediately feared that whatever monster made such a web might have been deposited somewhere on my person and busted out the old “oh my god is it on me” dance in the predawn gloom.  Good times.  

Better than what I did recently, which was " I will strike you invisible demons down with the might of Christ "

It MIGHT be true that everybody who drives a Tesla is a ****.  However, it IS true that everybody who drives a Maserati is a ****. Since the profanity filters will filter out the actual word, it's a reference to a male rooster. If you don't get the reference, there was a running joke on Top Gear from YEARS and YEARS ago that everybody who drove certain types of cars were, by definition a ****. 

So, with that said, I own and drive a candy apple red Tesla S60 (My license plate is a Redskins vanity plate which includes VOR. Which is a great conversation starter) Which I bought used in 2015.  Which MIGHT make me a ****. And I can live with that possibility.  Honestly, the combination of Tesla and vanity plate probably puts it over the top... But whatever. 

However, as I was driving my daughter to soccer practice this morning (she's four and a half, so "soccer" is to be taken very loosely) a guy in a Maserati was in the lane next to me, and gunned his engine.  Because while I MIGHT be a ****, he IS a ****.  Anybody who guns their engine at a stop light on Fairfax County Parkway in Reston is a ****. 

So he took off.  Made a lot of noise.  I just kept with him for the first little bit, he seemed frustrated he wasn't pulling ahead, probably floored it and made a lot more noise. So I put the pedal down.  Toasted him and put jam on it.  Got up to 65 mph (very quickly I might add), he was 2 car lengths back.  Then I backed off, let him go past me, because honestly I didn't care, didn't want a speeding ticket, and had my daughter with me, and leisurely went on to "soccer" practice. He kept accelerating and ran a red light. Fool. 

This experiment proves, while I MIGHT be a ****, he definitely IS a ****. 

PS: I'd like to thank Elon, for all his faults, for making a hell of a good car.  Even if owning MIGHT make me a ****. 

Thanks, Mary! I actually really like it where I live. I wasn't expecting to, as you know. 

No more house worries, repairs, just setting up the apartment and relaxing! 

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Thought your girls would look a little bit more like you LSF...?

Where's that damn "sarcastic" smiley...

;)

Actually they didn't fall far from the tree, all of us are pretty sarcastic! We are pretty entertaining, to ourselves!

At the laundromat using the commercial-size equipment to wash and dry our big blankets. Got the place all to myself, the hum of the dryer and this big ass fan. It’s kinda nice. Quiet. Peaceful. Reading. Watching shows on my phone. 

My kids aren’t screaming and fighting. Or interrupting me every few minutes for a snack. 

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

At the laundromat using the commercial-size equipment to wash and dry our big blankets. Got the place all to myself, the hum of the dryer and this big ass fan. It’s kinda nice. Quiet. Peaceful. Reading. Watching shows on my phone. 

My kids aren’t screaming and fighting. Or interrupting me every few minutes for a snack. 

I used to go to a laundromat right on the Chesapeake Bay in Norfolk.  When it got cold, if you got there early, you got to watch sunrise on the water while doing your laundry

29 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I can actually understand timing laundry to sunrise. 

Freshness abounds. 

Until you get to work & find out that no one brewed the tea for the 8 gallons that have to go out 15 minutes ago...and the machine only brews so fast, so don't blame me...

...there was a sunrise??

I used to work at a coffee shop on oceanfront for 5 years, every morning at 7am.  By time you finish tea or busy, you will miss it, its actually pretty fast : )

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I legitimately believe NFL Red Zone is one of the 5 greatest innovations in the history of television/entertainment

I agree! The last couple of years that's what I watched. I miss having here in TX. Maybe Amazon Prime or Hulu will get subscriptions.  I can't sit through a game anymore.

Archived