Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

19 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

so i'm going to LA to show my parents around. Where do you recommend?  I would like to visit santa monica for the beach one day at least. 

My experience is you can't show people around places you don't know very well. Just figure out what you want to do while there and plan a location based around that. 

If I didn't know the town...I would probably stay at Loews. It's a great hotel. Thing with me is...I am rarely in the hotel room, so I don't think about it that much, besides if I am going somewhere else. So typically it would be JW to be near the Staple Center or what ever I may have planned to go there for to begin with. 

For example: if I am going to Malibu...Four Seasons or the Ranch Live Oak. Drive is not that far from Malibu to Downtown LA. 

If I am thinking Santa Monica..Loews, Shutters, or Fairmont. 

Santa Monica with traffic is less of a drive than going anywhere in DC. Thing is in LA...same as here...you have to have a car. NYC, Boston, Chicago, DC...you can work around it. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yall in here talking about nasty, salty ass Red Lobster and Popeyes biscuits (just get a big bucket of salt and butter and eat that).

Bo knows biscuits...

Well, if they could only figure out chicken that is as good as Popeye's. 

Biscuits need more than butter, same as pancakes need more than butter. 

Either way it's biscuits...it's bread...I have bread right here at home. I did not go out ever because a sandwich had good bread, or because a restaurant had bread...it's ****ing bread. I'm paying for the rest of the food. Bread is an afterthought. Know why ? Because it's just stupid bread. 

8 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Well, if they could only figure out chicken that is as good as Popeye's. 

Biscuits need more than butter, same as pancakes need more than butter. 

Either way it's biscuits...it's bread...I have bread right here at home. I did not go out ever because a sandwich had good bread, or because a restaurant had bread...it's ****ing bread. I'm paying for the rest of the food. Bread is an afterthought. Know why ? Because it's just stupid bread. 

So you admit defeat?

50 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My friend who manages a Panera would beg to differ. 

We have one near my job.  I should go check it out again.

Yup, still bread. I do enjoy going there rarely. 

46 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I got a rotisserie chicken, baked a gigantic sweet potato that we can easily split, and have butter beans and corn for sides.

And King's Hawaiian rolls.  Somebody wanna argue that?:chair:

And cupcakes for dessert.  <Hey, they were on sale.>

You are already sharing the chicken, be greedy and have your own potato. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So you admit defeat?

No. Not even close. Biscuits are generally the same. I would rather have a biscuit from Red Lobster than ANYTHING else. 

I would rather have CHICKEN from Popeyes than any other fast food chain. 

Biscuits are simply bread. Nothing special. Toast is good enough for most meals. 

@skinsmarydu , There is literally nothing at Panera that makes me say to myself...need to hit that spot up again on a regular basis. Been once in 4 years or so. I would rather go to McAlisters, those baked potatoes...delicious. 

27 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

My experience is you can't show people around places you don't know very well. Just figure out what you want to do while there and plan a location based around that. 

If I didn't know the town...I would probably stay at Loews. It's a great hotel. Thing with me is...I am rarely in the hotel room, so I don't think about it that much, besides if I am going somewhere else. So typically it would be JW to be near the Staple Center or what ever I may have planned to go there for to begin with. 

For example: if I am going to Malibu...Four Seasons or the Ranch Live Oak. Drive is not that far from Malibu to Downtown LA. 

If I am thinking Santa Monica..Loews, Shutters, or Fairmont. 

Santa Monica with traffic is less of a drive than going anywhere in DC. Thing is in LA...same as here...you have to have a car. NYC, Boston, Chicago, DC...you can work around it. 

I mean i'm sticky to the main tourist attractions like the walk of fame, the sign, chinese theatre and the main sights. 

if anyone is interested, i am running a $10 bracket for college bball

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you invite me over for burgers and dogs on the grill and you didn't step up for Martins Potato Rolls, I'm turning right around and leaving and we are no longer friends.

Edit: I might even kick your dog.

Martin's are my favorite.  Just grabbed the king's cuz they were close,  ftr. 

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you invite me over for burgers and dogs on the grill and you didn't step up for Martins Potato Rolls, I'm turning right around and leaving and we are no longer friends.

Edit: I might even kick your dog.

Gotta be Martins

If it's Schmidt or house brand, might as well be eating wallpaper.

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Re-listening to Velvet Underground and Nico, which is 50 today. Amazing how modern it sounds, especially in comparison to Sgt. Pepper, which sounds like it was recorded in 1967.

Lou Reed and the crew really crafted a gem.

My dad's favorite band, gonna have to tell him that album is 50.  As if he needed another reminder that he's old.  

Maybe I should tell him it's 25 and let his dementia work its magic. 

22 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Worst time of year when everybody becomes a college basketball expert and tries to tell you why Wichita State is gonna beat Dayton.

Seriously. It's the problem with sports fans in general—there are a few degenerates that really know a lot about a lot of teams. But most fans are just regurgitating sports talk here. 

Archived