Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Preaching to the choir in your first paragraph man. It really sucks as a fan to watch a school's program in the most major sport sink and feel as though the administration just flat out doesn't care. Especially while watching the other programs flourish. For example, while football is in turmoil, y'all have put together a hell of a basketball team. Same deal at UVa with basketball, baseball, and soccer. You're sitting there watching the other programs put together solid runs and winning titles. Happy about it, sure. But the contrast with the apathy in the football program tends to just make it a little sour.

Yeah, I thought y'all had something going there a few years back. Lol The downfall just haaaaddd to be in Blacksburg didn't it?

A good point brought up on the other forum in the Manning thread about Brady being suspended four games because of shaky evidence and questionable sources. So when there is smoke there is not necessarily fire.

But Brady cheated.

I had no problem with it at all, but let's not pretend that he didn't want those balls at his preferred feel. Competitive advantage.

Everyone in the league cheats.

Preaching to the choir in your first paragraph man. It really sucks as a fan to watch a school's program in the most major sport sink and feel as though the administration just flat out doesn't care. Especially while watching the other programs flourish. For example, while football is in turmoil, y'all have put together a hell of a basketball team. Same deal at UVa with basketball, baseball, and soccer. You're sitting there watching the other programs put together solid runs and winning titles. Happy about it, sure. But the contrast with the apathy in the football program tends to just make it a little sour.

Yeah, I thought y'all had something going there a few years back. Lol The downfall just haaaaddd to be in Blacksburg didn't it?

Naturally. I mostly blame Jacory Harris for the Blacksburg meltdown. One of the gumpiest, non caring-est dudes I've ever seen.

But anyway, I knew what would eventually happen with the bball team, just because I followed what Larranaga did at George Mason. Guy is a hell of a basketball coach. Even though I'm not a huge college bball fan, I want then to do well, and was bummed when they went out a few years ago after being one of the top teams all season. They also have a legendary baseball program.

It just comes down to $$. Miami is a private institution. They can't print money and **** rainbows like a Alabama, Texas, OSU, etc. Everything great there was built by the players and coaches

Speaking of Miami, I hope we make a run at my boy Lamar Miller in the off season.

I would love that. He shows flashes of what he can do sometimes, but Miami doesn't use him right. He hasn't spoken on it, but im sure he's unhappy there.

A good point brought up on the other forum in the Manning thread about Brady being suspended four games because of shaky evidence and questionable sources. So when there is smoke there is not necessarily fire.

That's not a good example. Everyone knows Brady was certainly guilty of at least knowing what was going on, the problem became in the NFL trying to prove it actually created a competitive advantage(in the games focused on it didn't). People get off from stuff all the time because there was little to no evidence to convict, that doesn't mean they're actually innocent of wrongdoing. 

This is different, looks like Peyton actually had nothing to do with taking HGH to recover from his neck injury at all. And honestly, even if he did take it I wouldn't have a problem with it. It is common for HGH and steroids to be prescribed for everyday citizens recovering from neck and spine surgeries, why should athletes are trying to achieve a higher level of functionality in their recovery be forced to not use the same LEGAL methods you or I could use. It's just stupid. 

I'm back...

Christmas was so tight man. Chilled with my girl the whole weekend. It was tight. She even watched the game with me, I'm a blessed man.

Oh speaking of the game...

celebration-o.gif

I'm so siced man. I still can't believe. I read through the thread during the game and was laughing my tail off when I saw the posts after Kirk's kneel down. I was confident we were still going to win, but if we lost that game by three points or less, I would've been pissed.

But all is well. I am happy. And my birthday is in a week.

I don't blame Peyton for taking hgh if he Indeed did. I don't blame anyone in football. These guys should be in Hospitals after games. Their bodies get absolutely ravaged. I can't imagine playing 16-20 games and NOT getting some kind of pick me up to keep your body parts from falling off

Peyton had a severe neck Injury. I don't blame him for potentially taking it. I just hope he's telling the truth. I believe him, but if it comes out that he's lying and they can prove it, he will be forever damaged

And in regards to Russell Wilson media apologists, these are the same assholes who gave every excuse in the book for Andrew Luck when he played poorly, and pretended like he was elite for beating the worst division in the league. I am not surprised. The fact is these national media analysts pretend like they watch everything, but it's just impossible to follow every team in detail. They have no idea that Cousins has accomplished what he has by supplementing a short passing attack to make up for the woeful running game, because they've only watched the Redskins on national TV, and not following the all of the games. 

They focus on the stars, and make excuses for their failings because they've made bombastic remarks they need to defend. Likewise, when they've dismissed developing players like Kirk they need to continue the mantra until doing so makes them look ridiculous....like now. 

We won't get any respect until we send someone's ass home in two weeks.

And we will. I believe it 100%. These dudes may not be as talented as previous Skins playoff teams, but they have more heart. They won't go down without a fight

Preach, bruh!

I see a lot of folks shook to face Seattle.  Man, forget that.  Seattle, GB, Minny, who cares.  If we play the way we've been of late, we can take any of those teams.  Won't be easy, but we've got a good shot especially at home.

We have a real team, that is brimming w/ confidence.  On a hot streak.  They are not scared!

31263250.jpg

I'm back...

Christmas was so tight man. Chilled with my girl the whole weekend. It was tight. She even watched the game with me, I'm a blessed man.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy asshole and I'm alone on this but I hate watching games with my girl. Why this, why that, blah blah blah. Just stfu and let me enjoy this. Please just leave me alone for these three hours a week. I got no problem watching other games with you. Just not this one. Then they start rooting for Dallas or somebody (I like the colors in their uniforms) just to **** with you. Yeah, I'm never getting married again.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy asshole and I'm alone on this but I hate watching games with my girl. Why this, why that, blah blah blah. Just stfu and let me enjoy this. Please just leave me alone for these three hours a week. I got no problem watching other games with you. Just not this one. Then they start rooting for Dallas or somebody (I like the colors in their uniforms) just to **** with you. Yeah, I'm never getting married again.

That's what made it good though, she didn't ask any questions. She just watched and commented on the funny things (like when the ref hit the ground while back peddling). There was also other great aspects of watching the game with her that I pretty much enjoyed... ;)

A better comparison would be kirk kneeling or Gibbs calling a timeout twice in a row.

Both situations were due to gametime confusion

I'd still go with Kirk. Bills were probably going to make the FG had Gibbs called the TO or not IMO. What Kirk did had the potential to be unforgivable.

I'd still go with Kirk. Bills were probably going to make the FG had Gibbs called the TO or not IMO. What Kirk did had the potential to be unforgivable.

In the comparison I posted I would go with Kirk as well. But Gus still gets the ultimate bone head move...outside anything named...swinging gate

That's what made it good though, she didn't ask any questions. She just watched and commented on the funny things (like when the ref hit the ground while back peddling). There was also other great aspects of watching the game with her that I pretty much enjoyed... ;)

See I'm always dating foreign chicks for whatever reason (the one white chick I've dated was Russian (she was in law school at Berkley. I should've stayed with that one)). I think because I find girls with the same background as me boring. It's got its up and downs and watching American sports defintely isn't an up.

But yeah, if she's not bugging you during Redskin games you need to put a ring on it.

My man.  Took a while to train the wife on this ****.  First couple years we were dating, she'd always be like "you never talk to me when you're watching football."  yeah, no ****.  its the redskins.  they're more important than you are for the next three hours.

Now a days she'll just go upstairs and chill or sit on the laptop next to me...quietly LOL.  

In return, I have to watch Grey's Anatomy though. :(

I lucked out big time.  

You're not lucky.  You did your homework and groomed her LOL.  

When deciding to settle down with one woman for the rest of your life, knowing that she understands how important the Redskins are and that they'll take priority over her 16 days a year is a pretty big deal.

I met my wife in high school and she was a Redskins fan back then.  She's a sports fan, with the exception of baseball, she hates MLB, but loves going to minor league games.   There was never a problem watching sports in this house.

Now though, Tazette is in the picture and only 7 years old, so my wife will give in sometimes on the TV and let her watch cartoons/movies.  It's cool though, cause there are 5 TVs in the house to watch the game on anyhow.  And all I have to do is put the game on and tell Tazette if she wants to watch something else, do it in her room or the bonus room.

She watches for a while, until boredom sets in, usually close to one half of football lol.  She cheers though while she's watching.  

Archived