Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

They canned the colonel in the kfc commercial. The new one is a lot more less creepy. Wtf was kfc thinking.

As a Darrell Hammond fan (he was good on SNL) it was super toned-down for him. Like his strings were being pulled by the corporate big wigs. Worst part about it for me was that it tarnished his image, glad it didn't last long.

Dude please don't let that Gump cousins take your job!

I didn't just laugh at this, I hollered. That's funny.

Hahahah

Just kept hitting the auto text.

I kind of figured that's what you were doing. That didn't make any sense towards the middle of the post. I didn't even finish reading it. lol

well, why waste time arguing if you know you're right? as long as you know it, thats all that matters. also, i think people should be able to live on past glory. its not hurting the team in any way. the moment you should really start to worry is when the people in charge start signing players based on past glory :lol:  and so far, with scot in charge, that hasnt happened yet, and hopefully never will. so really,  arguing with those that want cooley back does nothing except cure your boredom and lets you have fun.

but, im not in any position to stop anyone from doing that. i guess i was just trying to see if i could talk some common sense into people :D   

I guess I should have used some emoticons. -_-

Just yanking your chain. 

I see what you mean, but I guess I just get tired of our fans wanting to bring back the glory years.  Anyone who wants CC to come back is wanting him back purely for emotional ties/reasons and not to better the football team.  Scot has a plan whereas he wants young, strong, fast and nasty players.  At this point, any fan can see that CC has none of those traits and did not have those traits 3 years ago.

I look at it this way.  Take for instance the "Hogs." Everytime our fans talk of rebuilding the offensive line, several fans want to reincarnate the next version of the Hogs. Why?  They were a unique line at a unique time. You cannot replicate that.  Do you notice that Steelers fans NEVER talk about their defensive line as the second coming of the "Steel Curtain?"  No.  They recognize that they were a once in a lifetime line, never to be replicated.

Our fans tend to hang on to our "greats" for too long. I know my Mom still talks about Jurgenson, Hanburger and Fischer like those guys can still play.  I myself was a product of the 80s teams, so Riggins, Theismann, Green et.al. are my heroes. I guess it's harder for this current generation to identify with some of the older players that were during our glory years, so they tend to hold on to those fleeting moments we've had during the last 10 years. Steeler fans have been able to move on from the 70s teams because they had the Cowher era with 2 SBs (1 win) and the current era with 2 SBs (1 win). 

I hope Scot remains steadfast as he's our last hope. If he gets derailed in any way from what he is trying to accomplish, we will never come out of this funk and I would then go to the head of the class to try and get rid of Snyder. Everyone needs to stand back and let the man do his work for the next few years.

But again, just messing with you a bit.  I was bored and was having a little fun.  Cheers my man.

Probably so, but as a middle aged, white man who grew up in the "burbs," :P it just doesn't appeal to me. Not sure I could relate to the message of the movie. :wacko:

White suburban kids bought more NWA records than anyone else. That's not an excuse.

It's a Biopic...and from my memories of the stories...pretty accurate. Only a few things in the movie were new to my reference points.

Elvis doesn't appeal to me...but I certainly have read and watched plenty of things about him. Open your mind man.

I think you would enjoy the movie. Regardless of the music. The story is the important part.

White suburban kids bought more NWA records than anyone else. That's not an excuse.

It's a Biopic...and from my memories of the stories...pretty accurate. Only a few things in the movie were new to my reference points.

Elvis doesn't appeal to me...but I certainly have read and watched plenty of things about him. Open your mind man.

I think you would enjoy the movie. Regardless of the music. The story is the important part.

Elvis doesn;t appeal to you?  

which are you.... communist?  or terrorist ?

Why not the foursome ?

Hey anyone who's been in that situation knows...it's all about the females ( keeps the jealousy factor down)..no need for a male to try and jump in and screw up a beautiful show....I mean moment

The guy needs to wait until he is invited in

Love where your head's at

So many alternate meanings to this post

Hey anyone who's been in that situation knows...it's all about the females ( keeps the jealousy factor down)..no need for a male to try and jump in and screw up a beautiful show....I mean moment

The guy needs to wait until he is invited in

Yeah, you have to be patient and use that time to document the entire thing on your cell phone. Make sure the lighting is good, hair is out of faces that kind of thing. Just keep the party going, that's the idea. You'll get yours soon enough

Archived