Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My brother,(with a little assistance from me),had a pretty open view of the video games with my nephew,(Being lifelong gamers ourselves). There's always that game that reminds you that maybe a little more...selectiveness in what games to be allowed or not allowed is in order. That game,in my nephew's case,was the Nazi Zombie for Call of Duty. Poor kid lost lot's of sleep over that one. He's even admitted that now,years later. I do remember thinking that Mortal Combat,(in its arcade,blood spattering version),was a bit much for some of the kids playing it. Hell I was in my early 30's when I played Doom 2 and that gave me the creeps. Though I think the one that got me most was Heretic. Eeep. 

Poor kid.

I was exposed to every goddamn thing. I remember playing DOOM when I was like 6. Pretty bad, but with all the crazy and horrific games I played, and movies I watched, nothing got me to rethink things quite like the first Max Payne. Just so dark and depressing.

Probably had a little to do with the fact that I was also recovering from the trauma of 9/11.

But that **** tore me up. The nightmare sequences with the blood trails from the babies room with it screaming off in the distance? Man....Thats one game I can absolutely say I had no business playing.

Sin, my man, taking me back to the original XBOX days. Max Payne was awesome. That acid trip of a level was just so off the wall. The rest of the game was vicious. Haven't played it in over 10 years. My XBOX and XBOX 360 are almost totally useless. Only discs the OG XBOX reads are Mechassault and Star Wars Battlefront. Not bad.

I bought Halo with the XBOX. Bro, them aliens were Taliban. September 11th was so fresh, MOWIN them aliens down. Perfection, barely touched, legendary difficulty. Anything less would be uncivilized. Max Payne got some 9/11 frustration taken out on it as well.

The nightmare sequences were the worst, but just the game overall. Just so damn depressing.

Running and gunning through all those dingy subways and dilapidated apartments, going past the crazed junkies, and the Mafia henchman serial killer that created that creepy ass altar/ church thing.

That game was just ****ed up in so many ways

Only game to legit freak me out like that besides the Payne crying baby sequence was PT (playable Trailer), the Silent Hill trailer that dropped exclusive on PS4 last August. Of course Konami is no more and the gsme has been cancelled :(

It was so ****ing freaky. Creepy floating lady, empty hallways, and dead babies in the bathroom sink

P_T_Red_Lisa_01.jpg

I only remember certain sequences of firefights, a little of the storyline. I should get a refurbished xbox, playing it again would blow my mind. Will watch a gameplay video to remind me of everything.

Luckily Hitman Absolution is on my 360 hard drive. Sorta kinda reminds me of Max Payne, especially when my cover is blown. ****storm of people trying to kill you, third person view, same feel from what I can remember.

Dont even wanna talk about that ****. So pissed still.

I was battle hardened by the time I got to the Silent Hill games, though, but it didnt lessen the creepiness.

Like the battle with Samael in SH1, where the radio is going super haywire, due to the amount of pure evil you're facing, or the stalking Pyramid, dragging that gigantic death blade..

Or the possessed doll from Homecoming. Yikes

I only remember certain sequences of firefights, a little of the storyline. I should get a refurbished xbox, playing it again would blow my mind. Will watch a gameplay video to remind me of everything.

Luckily Hitman Absolution is on my 360 hard drive. Sorta kinda reminds me of Max Payne, especially when my cover is blown. ****storm of people trying to kill you, third person view, same feel from what I can remember.

Played that last summer. Pretty fun. Though by the end you kinda just want to kill everyone and get it over with instead of sneaking

Poor kid.

I was exposed to every goddamn thing. I remember playing DOOM when I was like 6. Pretty bad, but with all the crazy and horrific games I played, and movies I watched, nothing got me to rethink things quite like the first Max Payne. Just so dark and depressing.

Probably had a little to do with the fact that I was also recovering from the trauma of 9/11.

But that **** tore me up. The nightmare sequences with the blood trails from the babies room with it screaming off in the distance? Man....Thats one game I can absolutely say I had no business playing.

We had the Doom shareware disc (also came with Heretic, Descent, and Warcraft). Also we had Wolfenstein 3D. Also our mother eventually gave up in trying to shelter us from violence.

Somehow, some way...I gotta have a beer with doc some day.

Is that a m-fin' Nickelback song or somethin'?  yeah, I made that **** rhyme in my head...you'll never be forgiven... :P

Chinese food has the quickest turnaround of hunger ever. I could eat 6 plates, I'm gonna be hungry in under 2 hours

Now that hubby's doing his "losing weight" thing, we go to our favorite buffet, he eats one plate, I eat two.  Not cool.

A day out from camp and I'm still completely 'meh' on things. 

I was gonna' write up a pre=camp hopes thread. But I was lacking positives so I left it. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't think we'll be a playoff team or anything, but I think we'll see improvement over the last 2 seasons. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if we won as many games this season as the last 2 combined.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't think we'll be a playoff team or anything, but I think we'll see improvement over the last 2 seasons. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if we won as many games this season as the last 2 combined.

I have us down as the same as last year. A 4 win team.

Biatch of a schedule and major concerns with both QB's and HC/ coordinators.

Hoping to be proved wrong. Expecting to be looking at 2016 for the full Mac effect to happen and this to become totally his team.

Hail.

People act like they have no choice but to listen to regular radio. You have options. You have a smartphone. That smartphone picks up podcasts. You plug that phone in your car. Problem solved.

"But I don't have an Aux jack in my car "

Neither did I. I got a portable speaker.

You're not gonna find a good sports talk radio program this time of year unless its 100% baseball.

All I wanna see this year is the progression of the rookies (and injuries to none of them), along with the drama at the qb position being eradicated.

Either one of them is the guy, or none of them are, and they can all get to steppin in '16

I can't even get clear fan reception in Columbia so **** that lol. Everything all static. Even if I did like the hacks on the fan how would I listen, I can't pick them up

I have no real commute anymore so I have no real reason to listen to them. I either get my news fix from WTOP or im listening to music

original playstation Alien Resurrection.

FML

Drunk as hell in the college dorms, stupid motion tracker

blup      blup     bleeeeeeeeeeeep blup  blup

You spin in circles, trying to figure out where its at

Turn around and "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"  Game over.

Fell out of my chair and couldn't sleep it scared me so much.  It was awesome.

01104689.jpg

I found that having music on my phone took up too much space and I hardly every want to "listen" to music on my phone. Granted, I have an I-Phone 4 that doesn't have a lot of space, but I have CDs and a player in my truck along with one at home, which is usually the time I want to listen to music. Yeah, probably sounds old fashioned, but I'm really getting to the age where I only want to keep up with technology to a certain extent.

When I had records, they went to cassettes.  So I bought cassettes.  When they went to CDs, I bought CDs.  Now everyone is downloading on their I-Pods and Phones. I don't have an I-Pod and I don't need it on my phone. I'm not keeping up anymore. I like my CDs.  They play fine.

Some things I don't mind keeping up with (paying bills online vs checks, internet/I-Phone vs flip phone), but some things I'll just have to be stubborn about.

Archived