Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

True that. No real sense in just randomly flipping anyone off,even in anger. Been guilty of that in years past,now I just take a breath or 5. That way I don't feel stupid later. :)  It's not against the law either. Hasn't been for awhile. Still a silly thing to do though. 

Is it free speech to randomly flick off a cop (love the cop emoticon ìs a brother) or is that some law you're breaking?

They'd probably get you for disturbing the peace

It's free speech:

Federal Court Says It's 100% Legal to Give Cops the Finger

Man Arrested for Giving Cops the Finger Wins $15K Settlement from the City

But, as others have said, why would ya?

True that. No real sense in just randomly flipping anyone off,even in anger. Been guilty of that in years past,now I just take a breath or 5. That way I don't feel stupid later. :)  It's not against the law either. Hasn't been for awhile. Still a silly thing to do though. 

What's the point in doing that for?  Why bring that kind of negative attention to yourself?  

Yeah, I know some cops, federal and local (US Marshals, down to state, county and city/town). You're just asking for a hassle. What is the point ?

Sure, I was, and still act like a knucklehead here and there...but not really.

Therefore anybody can beat someone for flipping them off because it was a threat?

Hey, take it to the FSU QB/Justification Punch thread!

What's the point of flipping off a cop? Stupidity.

To express one's immaturity?

What's the point in doing that for? Why bring that kind of negative attention to yourself?

Gotta keep it 100 I suppose

I threw up all over a cop the early hours of one morning in my youth, 

Hence to say he wasn't amused and got rather pissy when I was and innocently asked was that worst thing I could to a policeman without getting in trouble which I thought was uncalled for. 

But I digress

Doc! STILL WAITING!

Hail. 

My bad, but man I saw that live (on TV) and it was awful. Just devastating.

Was really hoping he would catch on in the NFL after how hard he battled back

Ha! All good, brother. I'm just a hardcore sc fan, and that broke my heart when he destroyed his knee AGAIN. last I heard he was with San fran, no idea where Lattimore is now

I gotta say, nothing is worse than feeling like you do a lot more work than your fellow coworkers.

There is always that one day where you do a little less than you normally do and get called out for it by the boss.  Because you pick up all the slack and if you don't they notice. 

I remember when I was working in grocery, I asked one guy if he wanted to learn how to do something, can't remember specifically and his reply was along the lines of:

"No way man.  I want to know as little as possible.  When you know how to do everything, they expect you to do everything all the time.  Less I know, less accountable I have to be."

I just laughed at the guy.

I gotta say, nothing is worse than feeling like you do a lot more work than your fellow coworkers.

I felt that way for so long I completely checked out. I coast now 24/7. I meet expectations and never exceed them. I spend probably 75% of the day bored to death. Come in 20-30 min late, take long lunches. I've been doing this for over a year now.

I got motivated in the last week though once I felt really lazy. So I started lookin for other jobs. Haven't applied anywhere yet.

I've been here almost 9 years and started when I was 20. Started at the bottom entry level position and was promoted up all the way through client services where im at now. Needless to say, I haven't had a job interview in 9 years and the only ones I ever had, were not nearly on the same job level as what I'll now be looking for. I'm a little nervous about that.

I just realized I had lost so much ambition and drive getting fed up and deciding to coast. But I'll find sometning soon that I can believe in and and dedicate myself too again.

Archived