Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

If the dude that hit on you was good looking, you should take it as a confident boost. Seriously. Gay dudes don't openly hit on anybody (at least hip gay dudes). You gotta be the absolute ****

that is simply not true!   Gay men are still men... and men are sluts.  

fact.

I can honestly say that when I'm looking at a one dollar bill, five dollar bill, twenty dollar bill, etc. that I could really care less about whose picture is on it, it doesn't cross my mind when I dig into the wallet to pay for something.  

With that said, if they want to replace Andrew Jackson on the twenty dollar bill because he was a slave owner, then I'm fine with that.  I understand the reasoning behind it and negative feelings towards it.  

Found it interesting that he was against paper currency in his time, yet he got placed on paper currency.  Back to topic though.  I don't think by removing him from currency erases him from history.  Kids, students will still study about him and other historical figures.  

Kinda like the Redskins and name change debate.  I understand why some are offended by the name and understand why some support the name (speaking to Native Americans).  I'll roll with what happens in either case.  

Let's analyze the nba against the other sports in the USA. Nfl. The best team does not necessarily win it all. Patriots and Seahawks were the best teams and they deserved to be there. It displeased me but that's how it goes. Favorites win a lot in the NFL playoffs of late but it's also a one game series where anything can happen.

Nhl as said has incredible parity and the best team didn't win it all. This is due to random nature of the game. The Rangers were the best team during the season. They were eliminated . The ducks were the best west team in the season. They were also eliminated. This playoff system is pretty good imo because it's 7 games at most plus these series often go 7 games. Case in point. Both conference finals went 7. Neither nba one did. In fact one of them was a sweep.

MLB has an incredibly random system which is agitating to dc fans but is pretty good for the game. In baseball it is very difficult for the best team to win it all. The nats had the best record and got beat in four. The angels had the best AL record iirc and got swept by Kansas city. So you had two wild cards in a seven game world series. That's good. The NBA could use some of that.

So favorites winning is good for some people. I've seen nba fans say time and time again they love their playoffs because there aren't upsets. The better team always wins most of the time. A hint of this bias, several teams have blown 3-0 leads in a 7 game series. Yankees. Old hockey team. Bruins. Sharks. It might never have happened in the nba. It might have happened once. Houston was also one of a few nba teams to come back from 3-1. The caps by themselves have the worst record when up 3-1...They've lost the series at least four times!

A less predictable playoff is better imo. And you can all disagree and you can say there are less stars because the best teams were eliminated. But I prefer a postseason that isn't chalk and predictable. It seemed the nba playoffs were preordained before the playoffs started. Yes, I know the same could be said for football. But football is more physical and the packers nearly eliminated the Seahawks.

I can honestly say that when I'm looking at a one dollar bill, five dollar bill, twenty dollar bill, etc. that I could really care less about whose picture is on it, it doesn't cross my mind when I dig into the wallet to pay for something.  

With that said, if they want to replace Andrew Jackson on the twenty dollar bill because he was a slave owner, then I'm fine with that.  I understand the reasoning behind it and negative feelings towards it.  

Found it interesting that he was against paper currency in his time, yet he got placed on paper currency.  Back to topic though.  I don't think by removing him from currency erases him from history.  Kids, students will still study about him and other historical figures.  

I hardly ever carry cash anymore, which is probably true for most people I know. So I really couldn't care less what they do with it lol

But if you don't carry cash how do you pay for food. The food truck prefers cash. They tell me this on Fridays. I need my pulled pork son

Speaking of which everyone go to potbelly and get their bbq pulled pork sub. It's better than boogs. I'm serious

I hardly ever carry cash anymore, which is probably true for most people I know. So I really couldn't care less what they do with it lol

Same here, I try to always have $20-40 in the wallet, in case I need some emergency cash or I get mugged.  Don't want to get shot over no cash and only credit cards.  

But I pay for just about everything with a debit/credit card.  

Same here, I try to always have $20-40 in the wallet, in case I need some emergency cash or I get mugged.  Don't want to get shot over no cash and only credit cards.  

But I pay for just about everything with a debit/credit card.  

I usually have just 10 bucks in there nowadays

*Learned after getting mugged with about $180 in my wallet.

Wait, you were in here yesterday talking up soccer, but then don't watch one of the bigger events?

Man this potbelly bbq sub is honestly better than boogs I'm not kidding

They put on whatever you like

Tomatoes

Ettuce

Onions

BBQ sweet sauce

Hooooo boy

Archived