Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Snow day policy change for federal employees effective now

http://www.wusa9.com/story/local/2014/01/01/20576609/?storyid=20576609

Basically what this means is I won't have anymore paid Snow Days. I either have to tele-work, or use leave. It's kind of hard for a student employee/IT person to tele-work. It ain't going to stop me from trying though.

I'm sorry, but good!

Federal employees get so many bull**** days off. These are people being paid with MY money. This ain't a ****ing charity, go to work like the rest of us!

I'm sorry, but good!

Federal employees get so many bull**** days off. These are people being paid with MY money. This ain't a ****ing charity, go to work like the rest of us!

All I could think about when reading this...

I used to be like that too... Until I started working for them bammas. However, I still get mad at bammas that get to work for the government, yet they don't be trying to put in work. I want to slap people in this office sometimes for not doing stuff...

we bought a dining table and the numb nuts that delivered it damaged it a bit too. My wife took delivery and didn't see the damage. It's minor in the grand scheme of things but I walk by it daily and it's a source of annoyance. 

My wife didn't mark down damage to the appliance when the guys delivered it. "they were nice", "I dont' want to get them in trouble, they worked hard bringing that thing up the stairs".

Dealing with their claims dept has been pretty easy. They just wanted pictures of the damage, and an invoice from my contractor. It was settled a day after that. It was more difficult getting an invoice for the repairs from my contractor (he had subcontracted the painting etc).

I just called hhgregg and spoke to my claim rep. She said she doesn't know where the mystery gift card came from. She said a check was cut 12-16 for my repairs. I got the gift card on either 12-15 or 12-16..i forget which. Either way, there's no way the refund check was processed and cut and in my mailbox on 12-16.  Odd how they operate. Any inconvenience, they shoot giftcards at people.

I'm sorry, but good!

emily-blunt-2.jpg

A smiling picture of beautiful Emily Blunt to diffuse your anger toward Federales. Be happy for others when they got good **** going for them. 

I live in the frozen tundra. Icy roads, foot of snow? Still gotta go to work and be at work on time at 8. 

As a Blackhawks fan living in Charleston, SC I would kill to go to the game. Those prices make it hard through :(

I hadn't checked in a while but it looks like they've added (?) SRO tickets to stubhub, approx $150 right now. Last time I checked it was all seats starting at a minimum of $300. Going to think about it at $150. I am in a lot of trouble in the Christmas gifts department, 7 days to go..

Man, that was the death blow right there. Just because of the new policy, I can now guarantee we will get punished with Snow.

Years ago i worked in credit card collections. We set our own hours with certain stipulations. 2 nights a week we had to be there until 9pm. And we had to work 2 saturdays a month 8am-12pm.

I would frequently work mondays 8am-9pm to knock out a bunch of hours in 1 day. I was scheduled one monday for 8-9. We got a blizzards. We were open. If i didn't show up, i would have lost 11.5hours of leave. I got my ass into work. to hell with using PTO on a snowday.  

Years ago i worked in credit card collections. We set our own hours with certain stipulations. 2 nights a week we had to be there until 9pm. And we had to work 2 saturdays a month 8am-12pm.

I would frequently work mondays 8am-9pm to knock out a bunch of hours in 1 day. I was scheduled one monday for 8-9. We got a blizzards. We were open. If i didn't show up, i would have lost 11.5hours of leave. I got my ass into work. to hell with using PTO on a snowday.  

Exactly. I'm not setup for tele-work yet. I will be by the end of next week. I'm not losing my leave for some freaking snow. If the building was open, I'll hop in the Vic and get the slipping and sliding up 395 if need be. 

Exactly. I'm not setup for tele-work yet. I will be by the end of next week. I'm not losing my leave for some freaking snow. If the building was open, I'll hop in the Vic and get the slipping and sliding up 395 if need be. 

I don't think it's right to punish fed workers for snow....especially those who don't have the ability to tele-commute. And I suspect you'll see them close more often now than in years past.

Interesting. I'm sure it's not how I picture it but CC collections would be, I imagine, a job built for teleworking, no?

Interesting. I'm sure it's not how I picture it but CC collections would be, I imagine, a job built for teleworking, no?

I was just thinking about that. This was back in 2000-04. So it would have been more difficult....and I'm sure data security would play a large role in that. I mean, we had access to SSN, credit reports, every bit of sensitive data that could possibly be available.

[qu

I see you a Sunset Blvd, and I'll raise you a Mena Suvari in American Beauty. That was 1999. Before the white girl Ass Phenomenon.

Damn bro, well played. I'll see your Mena and raise you a Jessica Alba circa 1999 before she got skinny. Peep dat ass tho

yeah dude, i won't lie.  I had to scroll for a while to find a cute pic lol.  

I was asking the wife if she knew who this person was...she was unsure (because I never even heard of her) , looked it up and said they are sweating that girl and showed me a pic. Then proceeded to tell me that she hadn't even heard of any of the stuff she had been in. Neither had I.

God dammit

I told you to wear a rubber with that one.

The stupid adds on the side of ES really piss me off. Must click the stupid things like 10x a day on accident. 

Where exactly are the ads ? I have never seen them.

Public Service Announcement: Never buy anything from HHgregg.

Sounds like you got a serious hook-up. They just screwed up from the beginning.

Hope that you fall in love

And it hurts so bad

The only way you can know

Is give it all you have

And I hope that you don't suffer

But take the pain

Hope when the moment comes

You'll say...

I, I did it all

I, I did it all

I owned every second

That this world could give

I saw so many places

The things that I did

Yeah, with every broken bone

I swear I lived

I was asking the wife if she knew who this person was...she was unsure (because I never even heard of her) , looked it up and said they are sweating that girl and showed me a pic. Then proceeded to tell me that she hadn't even heard of any of the stuff she had been in. Neither had I.

She became popular after staring in the new Doctor Who series reboot.  Then she stared in Secret Diary of a Call Girl that was on Showtime, now Penny Dreadful on Showtime.

Only reason I even knew about her was cause my wife is a huge Dr. Who fan, so I watched it with her.  So unless you're a fan of Dr. Who or watch those other two shows, most likely one won't have a clue who she is.  I'm pretty sure she hasn't done anything else that's popular. 

Archived