Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I thought it was ridiculous that Modell moved his team to Baltimore but to pee on the man's grave is insane.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11253861/cleveland-browns-fan-urinates-late-baltimore-ravens-owner-art-modell-grave

Disgusting

Suddenly the battle royal in the MLB thread seems pale in comparison.  That is a ****ty thing to do.  It's just a ****ing team, get over it.  You won't see me pissing on George Shinns grave when he dies for moving the Hornets.  It's this type/level of "****ing Stupid" that makes me fear for my 6 year old baby girl's future.

Stiffed on a 1000 dollar tab tonight.. Guest was upset about a private room fee, which was known and signed for beforehand. Service was flawless and I spent an hour and half getting the room ready for them. Also didn't take any tables so they could get fine dining service. Ugh.

Stiffed on a 1000 dollar tab tonight.. Guest was upset about a private room fee, which was known and signed for beforehand. Service was flawless and I spent an hour and half getting the room ready for them. Also didn't take any tables so they could get fine dining service. Ugh.

Boss should compensate you.

That sucks, man. And one of the many reasons I could never do that job.

Stiffed, as in no tip? Because that's criminal, imo.

Delivered pizzas for years while in school. I always wanted to start a website for delivery drivers, servers, bar tenders and the like: badtippers.com. Just put people on blast. People could look up their neighbors, friends, family. Just shame them into not being assholes. Nothing more frustrating than working hard, working perfectly and not being properly compensated.

My way of tipping at a restaurant is as follows...

If my check is under $15 I give 50%

If my check is anywhere from like $20-$30 I give $5-7 + $1 for every beer that I ordered.

If the waitress or waiter suck really bad or do something that pisses me off I leave 0. Happens once in awhile.

At a bar its obviously $1 a drink and $2 per at peak hours. Can never not tip at a bar or you won't get served again.

Haircut the dude gets like $15 because finding someone that actually knows how to cut hair and not some dick who just passed hair cuttery school is hard to find. Gotta live with the haircut for at least a month.

I think I'm a decent tipper but if something went very poorly then I'm not giving anything.

$5 or 20%, whichever is higher, is my normal standard. Special situations call for special calculations but that's my normal go to. Haircuts, I always get my haircut by chicks so I take different things into account on that. And I can't recall ever stiffing anyone, anywhere, for any reason.

If you live off of tips for even a short amount of time, you'll never look at tipping the same. My experience, fellow tip earners are also the best tippers.

Sorry to hear that. Do you have a "no auto-grat" policy? Seems strange that your MOD would let that happen to you, unless 5 or fewer people racked up that tab, your 20% should've been included, and the last fine dining place I worked added it for a private room anyway!...mean people suck.

If it's hard to find a positive, just remember you did your very best, and that the karma fairy does exist. ;) 

Mary most restaurants did away with automatic gratuity this year.

Some law that would force employers to put the grat on their paycheck, so it was taxed and then the employee wouldn't have access to it immediately.

Something like that I was told. I thought the easy solution would be to grat every guest and start in January. I guess they didn't want to deal with the hassle and decided to screw over the staff.

$5 or 20%, whichever is higher, is my normal standard. Special situations call for special calculations but that's my normal go to. Haircuts, I always get my haircut by chicks so I take different things into account on that. And I can't recall ever stiffing anyone, anywhere, for any reason.

If you live off of tips for even a short amount of time, you'll never look at tipping the same. My experience, fellow tip earners are also the best tippers.

I'm a 20% guy, plus an extra buck or two if the service is great or the waitress is hot.  I also tip delivery 20% too.  All those peeps work hard.

Archived