Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I noticed they are moving GTA V to PC. Good. I try to play it on 360 but the controls man  :lol:

I beat the FIB mission and then the mission after that...and I haven't played it since. Shame because the word is that GTA V single player is amazing and has a great story

They are

Playing FIFA helps you appreciate the fundamentals of the game

Worst thing about soccer is the officiating but other than that it's a good game 

My problem with soccer is it's a lot of running around on an enormous field, with a lot of flopping.  Games last what seems like an eternity and not very exciting (at least not to me).  One might argue hockey is similar with the low scores, but the hits, fights, penalty box, etc. make it more exciting, imo.

Now, as a kid age 5-12/13 I played soccer, it was fun to play, but I grew out of it.  FIFA is fun to play though, so I can understand getting into the sport somewhat based on that.  Back in the days of NHL 93, one of my best friends, who was from Detroit and huge Redwings fan, got me into hockey cause we played the NHL franchise against each other for 6 years and I learned the game and eventually started watching it as much as I could.

The only reasonably popular international sport I follow is AFL. Now that is an awesome sport. You get to jump on people's shoulders, tackling is rewarded, the conditioning is ridiculous and we sometimes get our punters from there so it has some scouting use. 

Immature brat much? :)

Lol, I mean the original comment was about how a video game being good and exciting also makes the sport good and exciting. You can see how that isn't the case. I also never said soccer was a bad sport, I just said I don't like it at all.

Lol, I mean the original comment was about how a video game being good and exciting also makes the sport good and exciting. You can see how that isn't the case. I also never said soccer was a bad sport, I just said I don't like it at all. Saying people are immature and then calling names isn't helping your case either :)

About you being a brat? I don't really think I need to make that case to anyone. 

But I would like to hear why you don't like soccer, absolutely.

About you being a brat? I don't really think I need to make that case to anyone.

But I would like to hear why you don't like soccer, absolutely.

Id like to see why you think I'm a "brat". Maybe 5-6 months ago, but certainly not now.

And I don't like soccer because of the fake injuries, the tie games, lack of anything going on 90% of the game and the general way the sport is played.

I don't know why you feel the need to insult me over my opinion either lol, as you certainly didn't call BS or anyone else who didn't like soccer an "immature brat".

I hate when people get sucked into a ponzi scheme then all they talk about is the scheme and how you should join. Then they flaunt some amount of money and say that's how much they make a month. And its never even a lot its always like "I make an extra 2k a month" no u don't its a ponzi scheme no you don't its a scheme no one makes money off it. And 2k ain't not a lot of money anyway that can't really get u anything talk about real money if you trying to sell a product. Sell some dope instead have some decency. And stop posting pics of u with money u fixing to get robbed

And I don't like soccer because of the fake injuries, the tie games, lack of anything going on 90% of the game and the general way the sport is played.

When I watch soccer, I would in no way sum it all up into "Nothing going on 90% of the time". You can know literally nothing about soccer and not come to that conclusion. There is constant movement, constant attempts to advance/score/defend, and constant changes of possession.

Certainly I don't think anyone who makes that remark about can look at me with a straight face and not say anything about football/baseball (though surely you and others would defend that notion to the death). I think if most people were honest with themselves, they can't give  a completely legit reason why they don't like soccer without resorting to hyperbole of some kind.

I think a lot of it is based off the whole "We're Amurican! [shotgun blast]" way of thinking (which I laugh at, and everyone else is a pussie. That may not be you, but I think that applies to many. And I would advise them to go to anywhere in Europe/South America/Mexico/Africa and tel them just how much of a pussie they are. Its a different world over there. The "Manliest" hardcore football fan over here has nothing on the fans of that sport. Nothing.

Honestly I think its pretty breathtaking when you watch those dudes go. They are as highly conditioned as you can possibly get. Its pretty cool to watch.

I think many people who claim they don't like it haven't really even given it a chance, nor do they care too.

I don't know why you feel the need to insult me over my opinion either lol, as you certainly didn't call BS or anyone else who didn't like soccer an "immature brat".

Lol I've called BS a lot worse than that over the years (and he's called me worse, I think), but regardless, were cool, and have been for some time.

Personally I think PB is just out for retribution because he constantly wasn't picked for the soccer team at recess when he was a kid. I can only surmise that he is projecting a lot of pent up frustration from back then. I applaud him for getting this off his chest.  :D

As for you, I dunno exactly what could've caused that remark, exactly. Could've been your response to ix. And he was right, FIFA is the closest simulation out of all of the sports, and has turned a lot of people onto actual soccer. So I think you should try it (either of them) before so readily dismissing it.

As for you, I dunno exactly what could've caused that remark, exactly. Could've been your response to ix. And he was right, FIFA is the closest simulation out of all of the sports, and has turned a lot of people onto actual soccer. So I think you should try it (either of them) before so readily dismissing it.

Lol, tbh, I added the "much" to missing the point in the first place because I couldn't think of a replacement. But you must admit, me saying a video game isn't like real life sport has nothing to do with "my opinion reflecting the popularity of the sport".

Back to soccer itself, I just don't find it all that exciting. I don't find FIFA (I don't own it, but I've played it) or the actual thing fun to play or watch. And what I meant by "doing nothing" was the constant running and turnovers happening 90% of the time. Sports like baseball and football are very organized and exact while soccer seems very unorganized to a non fan watching it.

People are just closed minded. I used to be like that too until I started playing FIFA and watching the BPL. All you need to do is open up your mind instead of holding these prejudices. 

30 for 30 Soccer Stories was also pretty good, nearly every one of those movies is pretty much a must-see. 

When I watch soccer, I would in no way sum it all up into "Nothing going on 90% of the time". You can know literally nothing about soccer and not come to that conclusion. There is constant movement, constant attempts to advance/score/defend, and constant changes of possession.

Certainly I don't think anyone who makes that remark about can look at me with a straight face and not say anything about football/baseball (though surely you and others would defend that notion to the death). I think if most people were honest with themselves, they can't give  a completely legit reason why they don't like soccer without resorting to hyperbole of some kind.

Because they find it boring is not a legit enough excuse?  I can't sit through a world cup game because it's extremely boring to me watching/waiting for teams to set themselves up in a position to score or have a legit shot on goal.  It's long, played on a huge field and all the back and forth over mid-field gets old quick, imo.

I'm not dissing the athletes, God knows it takes insane conditioning.  But just because you don't think people's reasons aren't legit doesn't mean they aren't.  

And if you enjoy watching it, then watch it by all means.  I love basketball, but I have no desire to watch women's basketball.  The only way that will happen is if my daughter wants to play it when she is older.  

How do you feel about NASCAR?  And no, not saying soccer is like Nascar.  I can watch a race only if I'm drinking, I keep up with it considering I live close to the track in Concord, NC.  But personally, I think they are too long and boring.  You only really need to watch the final 20 laps or so and highlights.  The first 480 get old.

I respect soccer. I respect the athletes. I respect its world appeal. I enjoy following the World Cup (I can't watch full games. It's not my cup of tea).

Pooping on it doesn't make much sense. It's someone's favorite sport and by destroying it with negativity you're doing a large disservice to yourself and to them. To some, soccer is their life. As someone who loves football, sometimes a bit too much, I can respect that passion. Roll on soccer/futbol fans. Roll on. 

You gonna tell me killing innocent people for fun isnt awesome too?! Not to mention laying with/killing prostitutes, selling/taking drugs, assasinating politicians, shooting up night clubs, etc.

Just trust me on this, it really is awesome. It's important to step away and take breaks so you don't get burnt out, but man does it feel great when you start back up.

Certainly I don't think anyone who makes that remark about can look at me with a straight face and not say anything about football/baseball (though surely you and others would defend that notion to the death). I think if most people were honest with themselves, they can't give a completely legit reason why they don't like soccer without resorting to hyperbole of some kind.

Yeah I apparently have a thing for dating foreign chicks. And I swear, every single one of them loved soccer and on the flipside I couldn't get a single one of them into football (the American version). And you know what every single one gave as a reason? It's just so slow and boring, having to stop after every play and all. So I always chuckle when I see NFL fans complaining about how boring soccer is.

And being honest, it took me a minute to get into soccer. Almost seems like me and my brother were raised to look down on it for some reason. I'll say this though, when you have a legitimate rooting interest in a match, i'm not sure there's another sport that can match the peak excitement levels that soccer can give you.

Archived