Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

This looks Yummy, somebody make me one :)

Watermelons: Nature’s Keg

Still pumping your watermelons full of rum? What is this, summer camp? It’s time to grow up and start converting your watermelons into kegs. The instructions for the Watermelon Keg come from none other than the National Watermelon Promotion Board—which surprisingly is an actual thing. Essentially you slice off a thin layer from the bottom end, slice open the top, scoop out the meat (or liquefy with booze), and jam a spigot in the front. Presto! Your watermelon keg is born.

Watermelon-Keg.jpg\

Watermelon Keg

Materials

1 medium-large oval or oblong watermelon (seeded or seedless)

Kitchen knife

Cutting board

Green dry erase marker or ¾”-1” thick painter’s trim tape

Channel knife (can use top of a vegetable peeler as alternative)

Large bowl & spoon or scoop

Apple corer

Spigot (from beer making supply company)

Twine & straight pins

Watermelon juice or punch recipe

Instructions

Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry.

On a cutting board, place the watermelon on its side and cut off 1/4”-1/2” from both ends, being careful not to cut too deep into the white part of the rind. One side will provide a sturdy base.

Use dry erase marker or painters tape to make a thick band on the upper 1/3 and lower third of the watermelon that will represent the metal bands around a barrel or keg and use the channel knife to trim away a thin line to represent those metal bands.

Hollow out the watermelon with a spoon or scoop, reserving the watermelon pieces to make your favorite punch or juice. Be sure to leave about 2” of watermelon flesh towards the bottom of the watermelon so the spigot can be placed.

Use an apple corer to cut a circle for your spigot to fit through the watermelon rind, placing it about 2-3 inches above the bottom of the watermelon. Screw your spigot into place.

For added detail, carefully pin twine in your lines you’ve made to represent the metal bands around the barrel/keg. Be careful that the pins do not poke through into the barrel/keg.

Place the barrel/keg on a saucer or plate and fill with your favorite chilled punch or juice recipe.

Going to see Pretty Lights @ Red Rocks Amphitheater this weekend. Not sure if I've ever been this excited for a concert. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it...

Video of the last time Pretty Lights was at Red Rocks. You can see the glow of the Downtown Denver lights in the background. Beautiful venue.

the beat drop at 0:55....MY GOODNESS!!!!

Going to see Pretty Lights @ Red Rocks Amphitheater this weekend. Not sure if I've ever been this excited for a concert. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it...

Dude, Im jealous. Id love to see them at Red Rocks you kidding me. Check out amon tobin isam. His got a crazy ligth/efftect show as well, just a trailer.

Dude, Im jealous. Id love to see them at Red Rocks you kidding me. Check out amon tobin isam. His got a crazy ligth/efftect show as well, just a trailer.

Bro, i think its gonna be epic. he said on facebook he's gonna "beat the city down." OMG lol.

Dude! I've heard of that Amon guy. that was a sweet video you posted, love the lights and stuff. Haven't heard a lot of his music, but he's going to be here in Denver in like 3 weeks. I'll have to check him out. The dubstep scene out here is crazy!!!

Security Issue Opens Door to SMS Spoofing

ios_messages_icon-150x150.jpg

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/08/17/iphone-security-issue-opens-door-to-sms-spoofing/

"Jailbreak hacker and security researcher pod2g today revealed a newly-discovered security issue in all versions of iOS that could allow malicious parties to spoof SMS messages, making a recipient think that a message came from a trusted sender when it in fact came from the malicious party. "

AT&T Announces FaceTime Over Cellular on iOS 6 Will ONLY Be Available Mobile Share Plans

photo1.png?w=300&h=1398

Quoted from Xsellize

Just a month ago, news broke that AT&T looked like it was prepping to limit the use of FaceTime over cellular and today we find that limitation was indeed their intention. As with most Friday after work announcements, this is bad news for AT&T customers.

AT&T has released a statement saying FaceTime over 3G/4G will be available ONLY to those who are on Mobile Share Plans:

AT&T will offer FaceTime over Cellular as an added benefit of our new Mobile Share data plans, which were created to meet customers’ growing data needs at a great value. With Mobile Share, the more data you use, the more you save. FaceTime will continue to be available over Wi-Fi for all our customers.

AT&T iPhones will still be able to use FaceTime over Wifi.

Sprint has announced that they won't hinder the use of FaceTime over cellular, and Verizon will not do anything as well as it is being forced to do nothing by a net neutrality agreement.

It might be time to leave AT&T.

"This is what I think"

Someone will make an app to download from cydia to get around this like MyWi, which allows us not to pay for a tether plan

Had an incredibly awkward moment this evening. Some homeless dude comes from out of nowhere to ask me for some change. I swear I was just looking his direction when I walked out of the 7-11, yet when I get ready to get in my car this cat comes from out of nowhere, walking up to me.

I'm thinking I'm getting ready to get into a fight, until he starts talking, barely able to string a few words together, asking me for change. Told him I didn't have any, thinking he's going to pull a gun out next, but instead he just walks away.

I'm normally extremely mindful of my surroundings, especialky since I've had a gun pulled on me twice, and robbed once, but tonight I failed big time. It would've sucked big time to have some crazy **** happen, less than a week before I meet with my recruiter.

Had an incredibly awkward moment this evening. Some homeless dude comes from out of nowhere to ask me for some change. I swear I was just looking his direction when I walked out of the 7-11, yet when I get ready to get in my car this cat comes from out of nowhere, walking up to me.

I'm thinking I'm getting ready to get into a fight, until he starts talking, barely able to string a few words together, asking me for change. Told him I didn't have any, thinking he's going to pull a gun out next, but instead he just walks away.

I'm normally extremely mindful of my surroundings, especialky since I've had a gun pulled on me twice, and robbed once, but tonight I failed big time. It would've sucked big time to have some crazy **** happen, less than a week before I meet with my recruiter.

sorry...the atl is the dead zone. I've been the victim of half a dozen crimes, 2 of them violent. Am a Navy vet, security force on my ship, and a lawful and responsible gun owner. And the gun would've done me no good either time... no matter how vigilant you are, there are a-holes out there. Believe it or not, I talked my way out of death twice.

edit...meant I understand your reasoning, but peple asking for change for the last 20 years is common...if you're in a fairly crowded place that feels relatively safe, give 'em somethin. I sure wouldn't wanna be in their shoes asking others for change.

Just my opinion.

edit...meant I understand your reasoning, but peple asking for change for the last 20 years is common...if you're in a fairly crowded place that feels relatively safe, give 'em somethin. I sure wouldn't wanna be in their shoes asking others for change.

Just my opinion.

I've given money before. Last winter I gave money to a girl (maybe 19-20 years old) who said she was going to a homeless shelter, but needed some spare change. Sounded honest, completely coherent, etc, so I gave her 40$. This was completely different though. Guy approaches me, in the dead of night, walks right up to my car, acting very strange. Preparing myself for an altercation, only to be asked for money, kind of startled me a bit, so I guess I really wasn't thinking in my response. Growing up, my father was sort of the "Don't give them any money, they'll just use it for drugs" type, and although I didn't resent hm for that, I decided I 'd go about situations like that a little differently.

For anyone thinking Alaska has just tons of fish (trout) to catch and brown bears running around everywhere don't believe it.

Only brownie i've seen is in a game reserve and have yet to catch a stupid trout.

Edit: still gonna go fishing today to kill time until the game. It's difficult being an addict sometimes, lol. Fishing and Redskins are my fixes.

lol. Just heard that my best friends fiance went too hard last night and was puking all this morning. What sucks is they were going to go on a boat today for more drinks and food but she can't go on the boat anymore because she's sick. This weekend is supposed to be her bachelorette party.

Archived