Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Getting tired of all that snow?

:ols: Actually,after 25 years here,I am a little bit. However,where I'm heading,(outside of Tahoe),it isn't that much differently. Girlfriend is there and that's where I need/want to be. :)

:ols: Actually,after 25 years here,I am a little bit. However,where I'm heading,(outside of Tahoe),it isn't that much differently. Girlfriend is there and that's where I need/want to be. :)

That's great!! But now to the real brass tacks. Are flights to DC from the new place cheaper?? We need you at the games more often!! Has she seen you're Tom Cruise like ****tail bartending??? If not she's in for a treat.

That's great!! But now to the real brass tacks. Are flights to DC from the new place cheaper?? We need you at the games more often!! Has she seen you're Tom Cruise like ****tail bartending??? If not she's in for a treat.

:ols: She's heard a lot of stories over the past couple of years. Including those that I can remember :2drunks: from my trips back there. She's expressed a real interest to going to a game and ES tailgate and meeting everyone there. Hopefully economics let us make the trip some time in the near future. :)

Hopefully economics let us make the trip some time in the near future. :)

I know you probably have pretty good connections with Mark and TK for tickets, but if there is anything you need help with facilitating the trip just drop me a PM. Would love to see you again and meet the new lady.

I know you probably have pretty good connections with Mark and TK for tickets, but if there is anything you need help with facilitating the trip just drop me a PM. Would love to see you again and meet the new lady.

Thanks Bob. I've told her about the extraordinary generosity of you all out there and that has made here more anxious to make the trip. :)

Read on FB today that someone from HS is starting up a start-up business in California. And here I am in my 8th year of being a college student

Just can't bust out of Shawshank here, student 4 life! :ols:

Read Roger Zelazny's "Doorways In The Sand".

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 06:08 PM ----------

after waiting in line for a couple hours at the courthouse and forking over $300 for various registration taxes, i have come to the conclusion that i just wont have enough to purchase the plane ticket for my cousin's wedding. what a bummer.

You have to go to court, to get permission to go to your brother's wedding?

[/joke]

Some PhD students go to school for a decade or more

Hoping it won't be that bad for me, all I have is two degrees, and I'm not looking to become a doctor of philosophy ;)

Ah, you didn't mention degrees.

I recommended Zelazny's "Doorways In The Sand", because it's not only a pretty good science fiction book, but because of the main character.

Fred Cassidy (who Zelazny has admitted is based on himself) had a Father (Uncle? I forget the relationship) who left a very large estate, in the form of a trust for Fred.

Fred receives books, tuition, room and board, and a stipend for living expenses. For as long as he is a full time student, receiving passing grades, at Daddy's alma mater.

Until he receives a degree. Once he graduates, he's cut off. (Daddy apparently didn't want to create permanent dependents.)

Fred has become a local institution at the college. He's been there for over a decade. Every semester, taking exactly 12 credit hours worth of classes, all carefully selected to make certain that he will NOT graduate. (It gets tougher every semester.)

I thought you might like the character.

(And, as I said, it's a pretty good story, too.)

Lmao. Nothing like being woken up by someone texting you a link and within 30 seconds you're laughing. Good way to start the day.

You know how people like to say "I just spit coffee all over my keyboard!" after they see something funny? I never thought that happened for real, but it actually just did.

You know how people like to say "I just spit coffee all over my keyboard!" after they see something funny? I never thought that happened for real, but it actually just did.

Haha. ES can be uptight sometimes so I was a little worried. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's hilarious

Instant Internet classic imo

Archived