Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I am completely apathetic in regards to wins/losses at this point, and even I was pissed that we lost. **** Fan Cops though, for real (not directed at anyone here). I don't enjoy losses, but I am neither sad nor angry. For years we have never been bad enough to truly draft a difference maker. We have been stuck in Purgatory.

A win at this point does nothing. Sure, it feels good to get a W, but in the end, what does that even mean? We aren't a good team. We aren't going to the playoffs, we aren't going to a Super Bowl. I have my mind on the bigger picture. I want a consistent playoff/Super Bowl contender, and we have to start down that road by selecting a legit QB. Not some project 3rd-6th round guy, a legit top 5 pick. Like many others have said, if losing right now means that we have a chance to get a guy like that, then so be it. I do not understand why so many people in the Stadium fail to realize that. Btw, **** the Stadium.

Okay, I'm still a little angry...

I am completely apathetic in regards to wins/losses at this point, and even I was pissed that we lost. **** Fan Cops though, for real (not directed at anyone here). I don't enjoy losses, but I am neither sad nor angry. For years we have never been bad enough to truly draft a difference maker. We have been stuck in Purgatory.

A win at this point does nothing. Sure, it feels good to get a W, but in the end, what does that even mean? We aren't a good team. We aren't going to the playoffs, we aren't going to a Super Bowl. I have my mind on the bigger picture. I want a consistent playoff/Super Bowl contender, and we have to start down that road by selecting a legit QB. Not some project 3rd-6th round guy, a legit top 5 pick. Like many others have said, if losing right now means that we have a chance to get a guy like that, then so be it. I do not understand why so many people in the Stadium fail to realize that. Btw, **** the Stadium.

thank you. I wasn't even going to respond to the people that quoted me, but at least somebody gets me. :)

God forbid i have a different opinion than somebody and the fan police come after me. what a joke. Folks must think other people care about their opinions :ols:

I think a lot of people agree with you...that's why there is a Tailgate haha.

Seriously, at this point of the season, a well played game might as well be a win. I want Matt Barkley.

I'm also very tired of the Stadium. I was posting in there earlier and some dude was like "well, if you want to tank this season to get more picks, then why not tank next season and get even more picks?"

Really? This is what the Stadium is like? Screw that.

And don't worry about the Fan Police and their faux Dallas hatred. I mean, Dallas is a division rival and it's nice to beat them, but the Cowboy players don't care about the rivalry, Dallas fans don't really care anymore, and the Redskins players don't care. It's one sided, and it's a little pathetic on our end IMO. Feel how you want to feel. Enough of this macho fan bull****.

It just annoys the hell out of me when people get all pissy when they see someone who they perceive to be crapping on their team. I have not seen one person who has said (devoid of sarcasm) that they enjoy losses, yet mentally challenged idiots continue to lob verbal grenades at people who make a lot of sense in what they are saying.

One thing I want to know is who the hell are these people? Every Skins fan I know is completely tired of this BS, and wants to see a winner. When they talk about the Skins, it isn't roses, champagne, and Russell Stovers, it's real talk. And let's be honest, there aren't a lot of good things to say about us at the moment. Maybe these people just keep these thoughts to themselves, and post them on ES as well. I've been around a ton of Skins fans, and they all think the same way that I do. To get so bent out of shape because someone says we won't win another game is laughable to me, it really is. "Give me your fan card." ***** please

* Correction

You've got to break some eggs to make some omelettes. I am very slow today for some reason...

My favorite are the people who conclude that any criticism of Orakpo means people want to trade him.

Orakpo is a milk carton candidate of the year for this team. He doesn't even get doubled teamed which is the pathetic part. Invisible game after game.

I think the even funnier part is the people in the Stevie Wonder crowd that say, "Ooh ooh! Don't worry, the opposing offenses are just focusing on him, uber hard, trust me!!!"

I love reading **** like that :rotflmao:

seriously. the stadium is a joke. people complain about rebuilding but they don't want to do it!

That's because everyone gets sucked in once the team starts 3-1. They forget that 3-1 is a major reach for the team, and anything but a winning is a total failure.

Before the season everyone is on board with rebuilding.

I have stayed out of the Tebow thread in the ATN, because I have made my points in that thread numerous times, and since Thursday, I have seen very few posts in there that show any common sense (from a football standpoint) whatsoever.

One thing that was said in that thread bugged the hell out of me though. McNabbulous was not benched here because he didn't "win games." Step back and let that sink in for a bit. How the **** does someone get benched for not winning games? That may be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read on here. I really shouldn't have to go in to detail on why I would say something like that.

If you are familiar with the concept of "team," and actually followed the Redskins in 2010, then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. However, if someone still wants to know why I feel the way I do, feel free to ask.

Not sure if this is directed at me or not, but I never said he was benched JUST for not winning games. I also said it was because he was inaccurate. And if you believe Shanahan, conditioning also played a part. Turnovers were yet another reason.

There's actually been some decent discussion in that thread, imo.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 09:43 PM ----------

Perfect example of how commercials don't really show what you're getting. Had one of those and it was half the size it was in the commercial, both length and thickness. Weak. AND it gave me some killer gas. You didn't wanna walk behind me that day.
Maybe they make them differently, depending on the location. I actually thought they were too big. But I still would have eaten all of it had it not been so nasty. I'm serious, it was terrible. The doughy bread it was wrapped in made it disgusting. Will never eat another one. And I can't imagine it stays on the menu for very long.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 09:46 PM ----------

Dude, it hurts so bad when we love so hard. :( The cognac just makes it hurt less.

Cleveland won today, and the Dolphins won today, so putting emotions aside, today's loss was really good for us if we want one of those top 4 QBs..

That's how I look at it. I mean, in no way was I pulling for us to lose. But it could actually end up benefitting us in the long run (if we draft the right guy).

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 09:48 PM ----------

So Nascar is still pretty boring even when it's down to the last few laps few the cup and the top two drivers are 1-2 in this race.
If you thought that was boring then I don't know what to tell ya. Nascar couldn't have written a script any better than that.

I stopped going to the stadium threads as soon as I realized that is where many of the truly stupid and utterly ignorant to how things need to be done fans are. It's a great place when we're winning, but when we're losing... god help my sanity. I have to spend at LEAST an equal amount of time in the tailgate getting some laughs before I can go back.

I stopped going to the stadium threads as soon as I realized that is where many of the truly stupid and utterly ignorant to how things need to be done fans are. It's a great place when we're winning, but when we're losing... god help my sanity. I have to spend at LEAST an equal amount of time in the tailgate getting some laughs before I can go back.

The longer you are on thi site, the more you will realize that the Tailgate is where it's at, honestly.

When I first joined this site, I spent more time there, but it really has degenerated the last few years. I used to never come into the Tailgate that much, but late in 2009, the Zorn/JC/Vinny mess drove me in here. If it wasn't for the Tailgate, I probably wouldn't be on this site anymore.

Archived