Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My five-year old daughter loves baby dolls. It's almost an unhealthy obsession. She has 11, and wants more for Christmas. I was talking to her about which ones she liked, and the conversation went like this:

Me: "So honey, what do you want Daddy to get you for Christmas?"

Her: "Baby dolls."

Me: "What kind?"

Her: "I want a brown baby doll, and I'm going to name him 'Chocolate.' They make brown baby dolls, right?"

Me: :rotflmao:

Thought you all would like to know that the racist tradition in my family will be carried on long after I'm gone. :ols:

I've been thinking about this for awhile, but it's kind of funny that not even a year after the rookie salary cap is instituted, for the sake of all humanity, that it will most likely be the very thing that keeps teams like us, Seattle, Miami, etc from drafting their (hopefully) franchise QB, since it appears that the Colts are deadset on taking him with the 1st overall pick.

There's obviously no way in hell that they would've done this 2 years ago. Damn that rookie cap.

My five-year old daughter loves baby dolls. It's almost an unhealthy obsession. She has 11, and wants more for Christmas. I was talking to her about which ones she liked, and the conversation went like this:

Me: "So honey, what do you want Daddy to get you for Christmas?"

Her: "Baby dolls."

Me: "What kind?"

Her: "I want a brown baby doll, and I'm going to name him 'Chocolate.' They make brown baby dolls, right?"

Me: :rotflmao:

Thought you all would like to know that the racist tradition in my family will be carried on long after I'm gone. :ols:

There was an episode of The Office where Dwight bought up every one of this really popular doll (the equivalent of tickle me elmo for that X-mas) and was selling them for a profit to desperate parents the week before X-mas. This one dude Toby spent like hundreds of dollars on the last one, and when he finally gets the doll he realizes it's the black version.

There was an episode of The Office where Dwight bought up every one of this really popular doll (the equivalent of tickle me elmo for that X-mas) and was selling them for a profit to desperate parents the week before X-mas. This one dude Toby spent like hundreds of dollars on the last one, and when he finally gets the doll he realizes it's the black version.

I remember that one. Good episode.

So I was at Target, minding my own business and looking at shampoo, when this girl tells me she likes my sweater. I was wearing a basic 3/4 sleeve cardigan, nothing special, but I told her thanks and told her it was from Ann Taylor. We go back to looking at shampoos.

Then she's like, "Can I talk to you about something? Do you know about prophecies?" And then she went on for about 5 minutes about how God is also a woman and that there are two Gods or something and that it is SO important that people know this because of the prophecies. I really didn't understand anything she was saying. But she was really pushing that we as a people have just found out about the whole "God is also a woman" thing and it's so important to educated ourselves about it. She went on to say that people who say they are Christians but don't know WHY are "retarded". She said there is proof in the bible about this new God stuff and mentioned the end of days. It's in Ecclesiastes 6 or something.

Then she asked if I would be interested in studying the bible with her group. She assured me she wasn't Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness or anything like that (lest I think she was a nut job, I guess).

I told her that I wasn't religious at all and "I don't think so" when asked if I wanted to join her group. Then she asked me what I thought about the whole thing she just told me.

To be honest, I was being my adult ADHD non-auditory learner type self and not really paying attention. I was kind of at a loss for words.

Weirdest target trip ever.

So I was at Target, minding my own business and looking at shampoo, when this girl tells me she likes my sweater. I was wearing a basic 3/4 sleeve cardigan, nothing special, but I told her thanks and told her it was from Ann Taylor. We go back to looking at shampoos.

Then she's like, "Can I talk to you about something? Do you know about prophecies?" And then she went on for about 5 minutes about how God is also a woman and that there are two Gods or something and that it is SO important that people know this because of the prophecies. I really didn't understand anything she was saying. But she was really pushing that we as a people have just found out about the whole "God is also a woman" thing and it's so important to educated ourselves about it. She went on to say that people who say they are Christians but don't know WHY are "retarded". She said there is proof in the bible about this new God stuff and mentioned the end of days. It's in Ecclesiastes 6 or something.

Then she asked if I would be interested in studying the bible with her group. She assured me she wasn't Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness or anything like that (lest I think she was a nut job, I guess).

I told her that I wasn't religious at all and "I don't think so" when asked if I wanted to join her group. Then she asked me what I thought about the whole thing she just told me.

To be honest, I was being my adult ADHD non-auditory learner type self and not really paying attention. I was kind of at a loss for words.

B4CRkpBGQzU

So Demi Moore and King Douche are getting divorced.

Rise Against is coming to the Patriot Center...February 5. Scheduling fail.

OOH thanks for the heads up...

Rise Against - May 6 Pittsburgh

UNCG Spring Commencement May 4

Pirates Homestand May 4th- 13th

IONTOP takes a graduation vacation to Pittsburgh May 5th (Just announced)

One time while I was in the DVD section of Wal-Mart some girl about the same age as me (23) just started talking to me out of the blue. I'm kinda like you so I was just barely listening and continued trying to find the DVD I was looking for. She kept going on and on asking me questions about this and that. At one point I thought she was trying to sell me something, then I thought she wanted me to sign a petition. All I wanted was to buy that damn DVD. Luckily my friend called trying to figure out where I was (he was in the store with me). I told her "one second I have to take this." After about 15 seconds of waiting next to me looking awkward she said "alright well I have to go it was nice talking to you" and disappeared. I'm not used to being approached at the store by random people so my first thought after was... maybe she was interested in me (cause I find that's usually the reason a strange female strikes up conversation for no reason) but by the nature of her questions it couldn't have been. I chalked it up to her being a little odd. But the phone conversation seemed to make her go away.

Your friend seemed pretty odd too.

I guess the moral of my story is, fake a phone conversation. It's an alternative to being guilted into listening to some crackpot talk.

When I see a tv show, movie, or singer I really hate (i.e. Keeping up with the Kardashians, LMFAO, Twilight, or Jersey Shore) I wish that I could somehow cut down their viewership so they'd go away. Then I realize I don't tune into these shows or buy their merchandise, so there is no way to cut into their profits.

The crap people my age watch :doh:

Archived