Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

MGT 491 (Spring semester only) Prereqs Fin 315, MGT 337, MKT 321....

All of those classes offered in the Fall...

2 days of school **** ups have delayed my graduation by a year!

Ah so you only need one years worth of classes to graduate? I'm sorry to hear this dude, these admissions offices can be a huge pain in the ass. Stay focused and don't give up.

Ah so you only need one years worth of classes to graduate? I'm sorry to hear this dude, these admissions offices can be a huge pain in the ass. Stay focused and don't give up.

Yes. I literally have a 3.2 GPA at the college I want to get in to. I have 2 a's and one F from the former college (I stopped going after 2 months the first time there)... I went to the college for a "minimester" which is a 4 week class, M-Thursday for 4 weeks, so intense that I couldn't even work from monday-wednesday. And I got a 99 in my History class and an "A" in my Psychology class (He never posted our grades). I worked my ASS off to get back into UNCG... And all of the sudden because my Psych teacher couldn't find my online portion of the class, I get screwed for a year?!?!?! **** THAT I want an explanation from my old college to my new college saying "We screwed up, let this guy in!" and nobody is willing to do that... I don't know if it's pride or something but damnit when you screw up or someone below you screws up take the blame for that...

What the hell do I have to stay focused on? Not being in school... Yeah I'm pretty focused on that... Because of the fact I'm hoping to make in a shift what I would make if I had a real job....

IONTOP: I've gone through similar situations, as has my wife. In my experience--if the school is in the wrong and it's just some bull**** situation--if you push the issue, meet with people face to face to explain it and stay on top of it, the school will normally try to work with you and get you some exception. You just have to meet the right person who's willing to put in work for you.

Ugh. Nothing like waking up and surveying the damage, after you drank a little and posted on ES. At least I only just get a little...enthusiastic, and don't go full-blown retard.

http://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz/statuses/99444246104387584

Billy Hunter expects entire NBA season to be canceled - ESPN http://es.pn/qWcIoi Interesting to see what this will mean for college game.

Hahahahahaha

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 08:01 AM ----------

Tony Kornheiser was on Mike and Mike yesterday

You all know I loathe Mike and Mike but I'm listening to yesterday's podcast now just because of Tony

IONTOP - that sucks but don't do anything crazy man. Seriously, there's always a better way. Go to your friends and family for support. Do some relaxing stuff. We are at a point in our life where we have so much left it's not worth it to throw away. Life is about overcoming obstacles. If you calm yourself, I'm sure you will find a way to overcome this one.

Yes. I literally have a 3.2 GPA at the college I want to get in to. I have 2 a's and one F from the former college (I stopped going after 2 months the first time there)... I went to the college for a "minimester" which is a 4 week class, M-Thursday for 4 weeks, so intense that I couldn't even work from monday-wednesday. And I got a 99 in my History class and an "A" in my Psychology class (He never posted our grades). I worked my ASS off to get back into UNCG... And all of the sudden because my Psych teacher couldn't find my online portion of the class, I get screwed for a year?!?!?! **** THAT I want an explanation from my old college to my new college saying "We screwed up, let this guy in!" and nobody is willing to do that... I don't know if it's pride or something but damnit when you screw up or someone below you screws up take the blame for that...

What the hell do I have to stay focused on? Not being in school... Yeah I'm pretty focused on that... Because of the fact I'm hoping to make in a shift what I would make if I had a real job....

I'm confused by your situation. Will they not let you register for classes or all, or just not as a degree-seeking student? Regardless, I agree with whoever suggested going to the school and being pushy as ****.

Just because a polar bear kills someone, I don't think that bear should automatically be killed. You were in his territory, it was a freak attack. Leave him the hell alone and you wouldn't have gotten attacked. Just read a story about that and it bothered me more that they killed the bear than people getting hurt.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 06:42 PM ----------

It's quite obvious that the stepfather, Wendell Noyes, is the one who killed Celina Cass.

Just because a polar bear kills someone, I don't think that bear should automatically be killed. You were in his territory, it was a freak attack. Leave him the hell alone and you wouldn't have gotten attacked. Just read a story about that and it bothered me more that they killed the bear than people getting hurt.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 06:42 PM ----------

It's quite obvious that the stepfather, Wendell Noyes, is the one who killed Celina Cass.

Reminds me of my shark attack sig. It is not a shark attack if you get attacked in the sea. You were trespassing.

I have zero pity for people who get attacked by animals in the animal's habitat. Especially sharks. Like, don't try your "we are superior humans" nonsense, you can't even breathe under water.

I agree completely brother.

Let's say a group of 5 people go exploring into a remote part of the Amazon Rain Forest. They are attacked by a rare jaguar, only 50 of them left in the wild. Now all of a sudden that jaguar is a threat to humans and it must be put down. Absolute horse crap. That's basically how I see the polar bear situation. We're destroying their habitat to begin with.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/08/05/norway.polar.bear.death/index.html

Your point of survival of the fittest fits. I do not disagree at all.

A bear walks on the highway and gets destroyed by a truck...so be it.

A human goes into the wild and dies from eating a strange plant, same thing to me.

It is situational.

Exactly. If a deer comes out the woods into the city, well, tough **** if it gets shot. But you go into the woods and approach bear cubs, bye bye.

Archived