Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

GENIUS??? "Ooo, let's make big deals out of minor things. Because we're petty."

Genius because unlike every other sitcom, our storylines (of which there are about 5 in each episode, magically tie up at the end) aren't about typical crap. We make fun of relationships in every way possible and have no regard for decency at all, except Kramer who is just too oblivious to realize when he screws people over.

One of my best friends just got engaged to a girl who broke up with him a couple weeks ago. :doh: I think he's making a mistake, but don't know if I should tell him that.

I had a friend who married a whore. I told him constantly. I was his best man and gave him a speech about sneaking out of the church with me. He said he remembered that speech up until his painful divorce and gives it to the rest of our friends before they get married. :ols:

I posted this on facebook, but I thought I'd share it here too, 'cause it's just that damned awesome:

I had a dream last night that I went to Cincinnati to see the Pirates play the Reds. Turns out Jackie Robinson was alive and well, and in the prime of his career, and playing for the Reds. He killed us, hitting two inside-the-park home runs, before he was pulled to a standing ovation from everyone in the building. Absolutely awesome dream, and it seemed real enough that when I woke up, I would've sworn it actually happened.

Given my reputation here, I know a lot of people wouldn't think seeing Jackie play would be a touching experience for me, but it was, and then some. FWIW, he's #3 on my "if you could have dinner with anyone" list; behind Jesus and Thomas Jefferson.

Click on the Notifications drop down menu beside your username. It'll tell you how many times you've been quoted. If there's a lot,it will show you 10. Click on that and it will show you when and where you've been quoted.

She was afraid of commitment, so she made up this bogus story about there being "another guy" she couldn't get over. When my friend told me about this, I immediately called her out on it and basically told him that I wouldn't be surprised if this other guy didn't exist. Sure enough, I was right. :doh:

lolplax1.jpg

:ols:

That pic of Burress got me to thinking about the current state of the Jets WR corp. I made a post in the ATN about how I thought that the Jets receiving corp would be pretty damn good with the addition of Burress to that team, although it would have been highly unlikely to expect much production from him until mid November, but that was before I found out that Brad Smith signed with the Bills, and before they released Jericho Cotchery. Those are two guys who have been very, very reliable, consistent targets for a number of years, and it goes double for Smith, because of his ST contributions.

You have now gotten rid of two very reliable guys, and Braylon Edwards, for Burress and Derrick Mason, and whoever the hell else that they've brought in. Talk about a downgrade. I still think the Pats will win the AFC East. Wonder if this is the year that all the playful bravado from Rex Ryan finally comes back to bite him in the ass. I cannot ****ing wait until their first game against each other this season. That **** is going to be a slugfest (or a beatdown)

The Jets offense is still impotent, because their QB sucks

I don't see a major improvement

In the regular season at least. Add all of the subtractions, and I think that Jets fans might not be all that happy with the way that this season turns out. I don't think their running game will be that great either, and with all of the 3rd year pressure on Sanchez to suddenly turn into John Elway, they might be in for a rude awakening.

One thing I do know is that the Pats are going to be pissed off this season, and so will a lot of other teams. I remember how the season started for them last year, getting embarrased by Baltimore ( I think that was their first game), and we could see a repeat of that.

The Jets offense is still impotent, because their QB sucks

I don't see a major improvement

He doesn't suck. He's been a bigger success than the top QB taken (1st overall pick) in the 2009 NFL Draft. Ya know, that bum that royally loves.

---------- Post added August-7th-2011 at 03:45 PM ----------

ix, Sanchez is more proven than any QB on the Redskins roster right now.

Pats are going to be terrible.

You're joking, right?

He doesn't suck. He's been a bigger success than the top QB taken (1st overall pick) in the 2009 NFL Draft. Ya know, that bum that royally loves.

I'd say that's not a fair comparison, considering Staffords injury history, but if he can stay healthy ( and that seems to now be a big question mark with him) I think he'd end up being the better of the two, though right now, Sanchez has way more experience than he does, and has played in a lot of high stakes games.

---------- Post added August-7th-2011 at 04:20 PM ----------

Pats will not win the division.

Wait, so they were terrible before, but now they're just "not going to win the division." Yeah, sure. :ols:

They went 14-2 with a relatively young and inexperienced team, that just added Albert Haynesworth, Shaun Ellis, Chad Johnson, and a few other guys. They're only two problems last year were that they had no pass rush to go a long with their very talented, but very young secondary, that now has a year of experience under their belts. They can run the ball, they can protect Brady, the only thing they couldn't do was go deep. They have that with Ocho, though he's obviously not as fast as he used to be.

There's no way in hell the Jets are winning this division when they have routinely been so-so in the regular season, and just went Cerrato in Free Agency, over the Pats, who have Tom Brady, and Bill Bellichick. It aint happening.

I'd say that's not a fair comparison, considering Staffords injury history, but if he can stay healthy ( and that seems to now be a big question mark with him) I think he'd end up being the better of the two, though right now, Sanchez has way more experience than he does, and has played in a lot of high stakes games.

I dunno, even last year when Stafford was healthy, Shaun Hill outplayed him...SHAUN HILL.:ols:

All I know is, I'd take Sanchez over anyone we have (obviously). Plus, I think he's at least better than half the starting QBs out there right now.

I dunno, even last year when Stafford was healthy, Shaun Hill outplayed him...SHAUN HILL.:ols:

All I know is, I'd take Sanchez over anyone we have (obviously). Plus, I think he's at least better than half the starting QBs out there right now.

I'd say that the Shaun Hill thing may have been a result of 3 different situations.

1.) He was actually a decent QB with the Niners, before he was yanked for a guy who, in his seventh season, still has people in his corner talking about how he has the "potential" to be great.

2.) The Lions actually have a lot of very good players at the skill positions, and just added Titus Young, who I think will surprise a lot of people. I think a lot of QB's could look very good with Megatron, Pettigrew, Best, Smith, etc

3.) Because he's "Shaun Hill," I think a lot of teams flat out fell asleep when watching film, and as a result, underestimated him.

I definitely think that, when you consider the ****ty QB play for some teams, he can be a starting QB in this league.

I'd say that the Shaun Hill thing may have been a result of 3 different situations.

1.) He was actually a decent QB with the Niners, before he was yanked for a guy who, in his seventh season, still has people in his corner talking about how he has the "potential" to be great.

2.) The Lions actually have a lot of very good players at the skill positions, and just added Titus Young, who I think will surprise a lot of people. I think a lot of QB's could look very good with Megatron, Pettigrew, Best, Smith, etc

3.) Because he's "Shaun Hill," I think a lot of teams flat out fell asleep when watching film, and as a result, underestimated him.

I definitely think that, when you consider the ****ty QB play for some teams, he can be a starting QB in this league.

I think the Niners are in a similar situation as us. By going with Alex Smith this year, that pretty much tells me they are semi-tanking the season, and hoping they land their current head coach's, college QB (Luck). I mean, at this point, why ELSE would they be starting that bum?

And yeah, the Lions have good skill players, and that was definitely a reason why Hill was able to be successful. But Stafford still had decent weapons around him in '09. And he only threw 13 TD to 20 INT (Hill had 16 TD, to 12 INT). And look at Sam Brafford. The guy had basically NO ONE around him other than Jackson, and he had a really good season.

I really want Stafford to be successful. But if he has another year like '09, or continues to get hurt, then I won't continue to defend him.

I think the Niners are in a similar situation as us. By going with Alex Smith this year, that pretty much tells me they are semi-tanking the season, and hoping they land their current head coach's, college QB (Luck). I mean, at this point, why ELSE would they be starting that bum?

And yeah, the Lions have good skill players, and that was definitely a reason why Hill was able to be successful. But Stafford still had decent weapons around him in '09. And he only threw 13 TD to 20 INT (Hill had 16 TD, to 12 INT). And look at Sam Brafford. The guy had basically NO ONE around him other than Jackson, and he had a really good season.

I really want Stafford to be successful. But if he has another year like '09, or continues to get hurt, then I won't continue to defend him.

As downtrodden as our franchise has been, I honestly can't fathom how bad it must be for fans of teams like Cincy, Oakland, and San Fran. Those are three places where, just solely due to management alone, you have literally no chance of winning, not winning consistently, but winning period.

And I could actually see us landing Luck, believe it or not, because I do not think we will win more than 4 games this season, and in a year where a lot of teams are going to be even ( so to speak) at the beginning of the season, due to lack of practice time,feeling out new players, getting adjusted to new systems, etc, you will see a lot of 2-2 teams in the early portion of the season, before the playoff contenders start to separate themselves, so it would not be unreasonable at all to expect the worst team in football (statistically) to have a 4-12 record.

As for Stafford, I really think this is going to be a pivotal year for him. The Lions are pretty much stuck with Stafford due to that big ass contract that he signed, so they are going to have to sink or swim with him. Honestly, there is not a city that I'm rooting harder for than Detroit. They have been constantly **** on by seemingly everything and everyone imaginable, and I think their fans are long overdue for a consistent winner on the NFL front.

Archived