Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

VT continues to underachieve

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

BTW any sitcom is unwatchable as is anything with a laugh track

Good sitcoms don't use laugh tracks so the audience can laugh at things that aren't funny

On a related note they were playing on the radio Carrey's act on SNL about this guy who kept getting the news wrong, it wasn't funny at all

Anything with a laugh track is pretty much spoiled comedy...the audience ruins it by laughing at poorly written jokes to give the impressions that they are "hilarious"

VT continues to underachieve

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

BTW any sitcom is unwatchable as is anything with a laugh track

Good sitcoms don't use laugh tracks so the audience can laugh at things that aren't funny

On a related note they were playing on the radio Carrey's act on SNL about this guy who kept getting the news wrong, it wasn't funny at all

Anything with a laugh track is pretty much spoiled comedy...the audience ruins it by laughing at poorly written jokes to give the impressions that they are "hilarious"

Naw, Seinfeld used a laugh track. Best comedy ever or arguably at the very least but it and other shows use it at opportune times and after a story is set or a long dialogue is completed. Also, they use it in small chuckles not absurd rumbles. Didn't hurt Fresh Prince either, granted Will Smith is actually funny. Jesus That 70's Show uses rumbles after every damn sentence...every line can't be a punch line. Its popularity is a testament to how simple America can be.

Important news

The question is, can the new Verizon iPhone do this? A grad student at Virginia Tech and some of his pals, tired of getting up to retrieve beer from their mini-fridge, have turned their iPhones into triggering devices–just select the kind of beer you want, press "Fire," and watch it soar across the room to your waiting hand. Nice.

AKrrSbD_wxY

Some one save me! It's Purple Friday here and EVERYONE is wearing Ravens jerseys.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 09:21 AM ----------

Naw, Seinfeld used a laugh track. Best comedy ever or arguably at the very least but it and other shows use it at opportune times and after a story is set or a long dialogue is completed. Also, they use it in small chuckles not absurd rumbles. Didn't hurt Fresh Prince either, granted Will Smith is actually funny. Jesus That 70's Show uses rumbles after every damn sentence...every line can't be a punch line. Its popularity is a testament to how simple America can be.

Wait, you're saying That 70's Show shows how simple America can be? I think you're forgetting about all the mindless reality shows that Americans watch, such as Jersey Shore.

I agree that laugh tracks are unbearable now. I think we only accepted them before because they were the norm, but ever since shows like The Office, Modern Family, etc. have proven to be absolutely hilarious without telling us when to laugh, I can't stand laugh tracks.

There are still some good shows that use laugh tracks. I watch How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory and both of those shows use the laugh track, but it doesn't bother me since I laugh most of the time anyway. Now there are some shows that use it too much and nothing funny is even happening. For the record, That 70's Show was funny to me.

auto-toned-techno-"metal"

I love metal music but this is just :doh:

"Take One Last Breath*

I actually liked the first 40 seconds of that, more than likely because I like metal, and I'm a big fan of techno/tech-house.

The rest of it made my ears hurt though. I can't stand autotune/synthesizers/whatever. I wish it would just go away forever.

Some one save me! It's Purple Friday here and EVERYONE is wearing Ravens jerseys.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 09:21 AM ----------

Wait, you're saying That 70's Show shows how simple America can be? I think you're forgetting about all the mindless reality shows that Americans watch, such as Jersey Shore.

I'd say Jersey Shore proves stupidity over simplicity. :silly:

Wes Welker made a full 20 references to feet while talking about this weekend's game with the Jets. Stonefaced as he could be, he kept saying stuff like, "We just have to put our best foot forward." or "We just have to stick our toe in the water and see how it goes." or "He's a guy with really great feet." :ols:

Tom Brady may well be an ******* like Antonio Cromartie said, but the Patriots are like CIA operatives the way they can just mentally **** with a team.

Wes Welker made a full 20 references to feet while talking about this weekend's game with the Jets. Stonefaced as he could be, he kept saying stuff like, "We just have to put our best foot forward." or "We just have to stick our toe in the water and see how it goes." or "He's a guy with really great feet." :ols:

Tom Brady may well be an ******* like Antonio Cromartie said, but the Patriots are like CIA operatives the way they can just mentally **** with a team.

I don't know how people cannot love that team. It's hysterical.

Archived