Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Wish me luck...I'm about to go take my Final Stats exam....I need to beat the class average to pass the class and I'm scared ****less since I am horrible at math. I dont want the 1k I paid to take this winter class to be all for nothing except a D on my transcript making it harder to get into a good grad school :(

Wish me luck...I'm about to go take my Final Stats exam....I need to beat the class average to pass the class and I'm scared ****less since I am horrible at math. I dont want the 1k I paid to take this winter class to be all for nothing except a D on my transcript making it harder to get into a good grad school :(

Good luck dude. I took AP Stat in high school one semester and passed my final exam to barely pass the class. You'll do fine.

You mad I got an A in grad-level stats? :)

Spartacus should honestly be one of the talking heads on the pre-game shows

He breaks down football so well and I consider him one of the best football minds on ES

Anyway Stadium is an unsafe place to be most of the time lol

As for KDawg that guy is legit, big chat expert KDawg

Many times I saw him talk in the chat about the Stadium and arguments lol

Haha thanks ix. I think I'd only be able to contribute for segments on the ACC and a couple SEC schools though. I could maybe do like Sun Sports down here in Florida or something, definitely not the big time.

My only problem with KDawg is that he's a Hurricanes fan. But nobody is perfect.

Except ASF never shows his formula, so for all we know he's talking out of his ass. Hell, even the BCS is more transparent.

Again, it's his formula. He doesn't need to release it for free. I don't think he's talking out of his ass given how detailed he is with his responses, and he admits to missing on some prospects.

And anyway, my point was that ASF at least answers questions and sticks around in threads to debate with people. A lot of posters in the Stadium don't do that if they're challenged or called out.

I don't even give a **** that Wiz Khalifa's "black and yellow" song is about the Steelers. I blast that **** whenever it comes on the radio.

I think the beat and the chorus is sick. I can't get past how terrible the verses are though.

Thanks guys....I dont think I did very well at all, I sat there for 5+ hours. But, since the only stats class available was Econ stats and that's not my major...I was talking with the professor...I hope he will just pass me since it wont build on anything for me...just give me the damn C- and I'll be happy. Please Jebus?

My only problem with KDawg is that he's a Hurricanes fan. But nobody is perfect.

Well speaking for myself, I like to keep my friends close, and my enemies closer. ;)

You are very knowledgable about college football though, a lot more than anyone I know personally, and I respect that, and as a result, generally look past the fact that you're an FSU grad. :pfft:

I'll be in the area in the second week of March, visiting with family on my week off for vacation. If you aren't busy, maybe we can go grab a beer or something.

It's not like The U or the Seminoles were relevant the majority of the 2000's. Better luck this decade?

Flr the latter half, no, not so much. I thought it was back in '09, but we all know how that season turned out for both teams As far as the future is concerned, I hope so, but I don't really know what to think at this point.

I really thought this was the year that they'd finally get it together, but it all fell apart. In all honesty, nothing's felt the same since the beatdown in Blacksburg back in '09. We'll see what happens though.

Maryland....ugh just a horrible performance. Not making the tournament this year. It is so obvious how much Greives Vasquez (and Eric Hayes) meant to this team, because there are no scorers at all. Cliff Tucker and Adrian Bowie....nah. Too bad. Hopefully the freshman can mature and Williams decides to stay. I think he will. James Padgett needs to develop as well.

Maryland....ugh just a horrible performance. Not making the tournament this year. It is so obvious how much Greives Vasquez (and Eric Hayes) meant to this team, because there are no scorers at all. .

Speaking of scorers....remember this name: Nick Faust. :)

He will be a big time scorer for the Terps in the future. :)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/terrapins-insider/2010/10/terps_land_sought-after_in-sta.html

Terps Land Sought-After, In-State Recruit, Nick Faust

Maryland appears to have landed sought-after shooting guard Nick Faust, who helped Baltimore City College High School to the second of its back-to-back state championships last season.

The 6-6, 175-pound Faust announced his decision to attend Maryland on ESPNU Thursday afternoon. His commitment is not binding, however, until he signs his official letter of intent (Nov. 10-17). Until then, Maryland officials are precluded from commenting.

But Faust’s decision can be interpreted as a sign of new strength in Maryland’s ability to land top in-state talent--particularly from the talent-laden Baltimore area.

Faust is considered the nation’s ninth-ranked shooting guard prospect and the 25th overall, according to ESPN analysts, who have likened him to a young Stephen Curry because of his youthful face and lethal shooting touch.

^ Indeed, he seems like a baller. I'm hoping Faust, Mychal Parker, Terrell Stoglin, and Pe'Shon Howard can all be factors next year. And I'm not sure what Sean Mosley's deal is. He seems lost at times. All those players combined with Williams and Padgett has some potential....but chemistry is a big factor too.

Well speaking for myself, I like to keep my friends close, and my enemies closer. ;)

You are very knowledgable about college football though, a lot more than anyone I know personally, and I respect that, and as a result, generally look past the fact that you're an FSU grad. :pfft:

I'll be in the area in the second week of March, visiting with family on my week off for vacation. If you aren't busy, maybe we can go grab a beer or something.

Yeah for sure man.

My own spring break is the third week of March so it's possible I have a ton of school work I have to do that week before I go on vacation, but that's a long ways from now so I'll see. I feel bad because SHF was rollin like a big shot in South Beach after the Orange Bowl, but that was my first week back from winter break, so I was buried in the library catching up on school stuff.

What part of Miami are you going to be hanging around?

It's not like The U or the Seminoles were relevant the majority of the 2000's. Better luck this decade?

FSU is definitely looking on the up.

Miami took a really large recruiting class of pretty mediocre talent last year, and their class this year isn't any good so far either and they're not expected to pull any big surprises to turn it around at this point. So the Hurricanes will have 2 recruiting classes back to back with a lot of subpar talent filling up the program. That's not good. I think Miami, at best, will be about an 8 win team next season and the year after. By 2013 they might be ready to start turning it around but who knows.

National Signing Day is only a couple more weeks away and I absolutely cannot wait.

---------- Post added January-21st-2011 at 02:01 AM ----------

I love this song. Takes me back to my nights out in college (not like I'm really old and far beyond those times, but still).

0c3d7QgZr7g

Yeah for sure man.

My own spring break is the third week of March so it's possible I have a ton of school work I have to do that week before I go on vacation, but that's a long ways from now so I'll see. I feel bad because SHF was rollin like a big shot in South Beach after the Orange Bowl, but that was my first week back from winter break, so I was buried in the library catching up on school stuff.

What part of Miami are you going to be hanging around?

Cool,

I used to live off of West 4th Ave in Hialeah, about 15-20 minutes from the FIU campus My mother moved back to the area last summer to be closer to my sister and cousin, who go to FIU. She's in Palm Springs now, so I'll most likely be in that area, but I'll still hit up Downtown/SouthBeach while I'm there. I'll pm you on the first week to see if your plans change, and we'll go from there.

Archived